Notice Should Trail Blazers trade for Marcin Gortat? 10 NBA draft day deals for Portland to consider

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Jun 21, 2018.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/...ft_day_trades_the_portland_trail_blazers.html

Blazers trade CJ McCollum to Memphis Grizzlies for No. 4 pick, Dillon Brooks, Chandler Parsons' contract

Blazers trade Meyers Leonard, No. 24 pick to LA Clippers for Sam Dekker, Boban Marjanovich

Blazers trade CJ McCollum, No. 24 pick to Cleveland for the No. 8 pick, Tristan Thompson, Cedi Osman and Ante Zizic

Blazers trade Maurice Harkless, No. 24 pick to Orlando Magic for Nikola Vucevic

Blazers trade CJ McCollum and No. 24 pick to Philadelphia 76ers for No. 10 pick, Robert Covington and Dario Saric

Blazers trade Maurice Harkless, Jake Layman and No. 24 pick to the Denver Nuggets for Kenneth Faried and No. 14 pick

Blazers trade Al-Farouq Aminu, Caleb Swanigan, No. 24 pick to Phoenix Suns for No. 16 pick and Jared Dudley

Blazers trade Meyers Leonard and No. 24 pick to Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph

Blazers trade Evan Turner, No. 24 pick to Sacramento Kings for Kosta Koufos, Garrett Temple

Blazers trade Meyers Leonard, Jake Layman and No. 24 pick to Washington Wizards for Marcin Gortat

2. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

I could be convinced to do this one:
    Blazers trade CJ McCollum and No. 24 pick to Philadelphia 76ers for No. 10 pick, Robert Covington and Dario Saric

That is probably it though.

Propagandist likes this.
  3. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

I like the CJ for 4th Pick, parsons + Brooks and the CJ and 24th Pick for 10th Pick and Covington and Saric

4. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

1. Blazers trade CJ McCollum to Memphis Grizzlies for No. 4 pick, Dillon Brooks, Chandler Parsons' contract: Would it take this much? Memphis would expect a team to take a terrible contract AND give them back a star player. No.

2. Blazers trade Meyers Leonard, No. 24 pick to LA Clippers for Sam Dekker, Boban Marjanovich: Yes; I love me some Boban.

3. Blazers trade CJ McCollum, No. 24 pick to Cleveland for the No. 8 pick, Tristan Thompson, Cedi Osman and Ante Zizic: I just don't think the return is big enough.

4. Blazers trade Maurice Harkless, No. 24 pick to Orlando Magic for Nikola Vucevic: Okay, but Orlando ain't doing this.

5. Blazers trade CJ McCollum and No. 24 pick to Philadelphia 76ers for No. 10 pick, Robert Covington and Dario Saric: Haha, we wish.

6. Blazers trade Maurice Harkless, Jake Layman and No. 24 pick to the Denver Nuggets for Kenneth Faried and No. 14 pick: Like number 1, seems like taking on Faried would be good enough for the 14th. No need to complicate it with Mo and the pick.

7. Blazers trade Al-Farouq Aminu, Caleb Swanigan, No. 24 pick to Phoenix Suns for No. 16 pick and Jared Dudley: I love Chief. No.

8. Blazers trade Meyers Leonard and No. 24 pick to Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph: I like it.

9. Blazers trade Evan Turner, No. 24 pick to Sacramento Kings for Kosta Koufos, Garrett Temple: Holy fuck yes.

10. Blazers trade Meyers Leonard, Jake Layman and No. 24 pick to Washington Wizards for Marcin Gortat: I don't know why we'd do this...

Fun stuff. I like No.5 a lot.

5. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Most of these suck, but this one:

I'd do, and I'm a big C.J. fan. I was a little surprised to see than Covington is actually older than C.J., but the guy just made 1st team All Defense at a position of need, plus we get 24-year old 6'10" stretch 4 that shoots .393 from deep AND a lottery pick.

It kind of makes sense for PHI, too. C.J. is better than Redick (less 1-dimensional, can create his own shot, etc.) and is over 6 years younger.

BNM

6. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Wizard Mentor and Boob-No-More like this.
  7. Boob-No-More

BBert likes this.
  8. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

I would be absolutely shocked if philadelphia would do that

9. Boob-No-More

I don't know who made up those trade scenarios, but most are horrible for one team or the other. I jumped on that one because it's one of the few that isn't horrible for the Blazers.

BNM