Silas is extremely hot free agent on market

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jjdaman20, May 10, 2003.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

well the pieces are there - kwame brown does have game, it's just a matter of getting it out of him. stack needs to be the man to get the most out of him, something he wasn't when jordan was there. jeffries and dixon are both potential studs, i think its just a case of getting a coach that works well with young players and unfortunately doug collins is not that man...i agree silas would be a good fit tho

2. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

Someone mentioned that that Don Nelson is going to quit after the playoffs (can anyone justify that?)...and Paul Silas was watching the Mavericks' game vs. Kings, and he said he liked how they played...so maybe the Mavericks get him? I don't know...

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "anadagirlballer4strt":</div><div class="quote_post">Someone mentioned that that Don Nelson is going to quit after the playoffs (can anyone justify that </div>

Don't see that happening,silas was watching their games and helped out in coaching because Silas was Don Nelson team-mate when they played togeather..they are also great friends so he wanted to help out and to give him some tips on the kings.

4. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

thanks...it'd be cool though...I mean for Silas to be with the Mavs...but I like Nelly, too...

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

depends how far the mavs get in these playoffs - don't wanna fuck with a winning formula. watching the mavs u get the feeling they're just a player away (PJ brown? Zo?) from success, not a coach. that said, anything can happen

6. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

Mavs r one inside player away from a ring...if they had the inside spark...they'd be AWESOME

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Yep i agree...they are a great team but they need the extra banger inside that goes after loose balls and can get rebounds.....and be a decent enough post player where he can kick it out to nash,NVE,dirk e.t.c if he can't get the best possible shot

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

i guess popeye doesn't cut it anymore (if he ever did [​IMG] )