Sissy League

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by vikingfan, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I a have to agree with Rube Cred on this one. There's far to many classless players that happen to have football talant in the NFL. Without strict rules that are inforced, these players with questionable morals and ethics would drive a very large percentage of the NFL fan base away from the game.

While these antics may fly with Gen Xers and the Gangsta population of NFL fans, the League is wise enough to know it's largest $$$ making demographic is not these two groups.

Maybe someday ... I hope it's not too soon.

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

That's a good point. I was just having this discussion how the NBA has lost a lot of the white fans because it is a sport dominated by African Americans. And in the 80's, where it all began to change, it became a celebratory league. White people stopped watching it because of the antics that were going on. And as losing the majority, money was lost. The NFL is trying to stop the same thing from happening to the NFL. And in that instance, I can see what you're trying to say Zack. As far as keeping the NFL taunting or celebration free, I don't think that will happen, but I can see why $$ they are trying to keep it from getting out of hand and agree that it shouldn't get out of hand.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rube Cred wrote:

Doesn't anyone else miss Barry Sanders just flipping the ref the ball after his TD's?</div>

You dont have to miss that, just watch LaDainian Tomlinson or Marvin Harrison...you can see the same thing