Sixers 2006 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div align="center">[​IMG]

2. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

haha. lol. i made a thread on this a while back.......but anyways, if we could get williams and smith i will be so happy. i really hope the sixers wont be put in a situation for the lottery though, since i think sheldon will be drafted early. what i think the sixers will get is a mid range first rounder, and with that, i want them to see if carney or marcus williams. carney can be what snow was for the sixers, which was a point guard to control the ball and dish it to AI so iverson wont have to do much work. i also like williams because he is a tough banger and would bring toughness to this team. also, it allen ray is available in the second, i would take him. i think maybe his draft status has lowered since the eye injury

PS: if steve smith turns into a lamar odom, i think that would be a positive PD. lol. considering he is a second rounder. actually, i think that would be great even if he was a first rounder

3. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">haha. lol. i made a thread on this a while back.......but anyways, if we could get williams and smith i will be so happy. i really hope the sixers wont be put in a situation for the lottery though, since i think sheldon will be drafted early. what i think the sixers will get is a mid range first rounder, and with that, i want them to see if carney or marcus williams. carney can be what snow was for the sixers, which was a point guard to control the ball and dish it to AI so iverson wont have to do much work. i also like williams because he is a tough banger and would bring toughness to this team. also, it allen ray is available in the second, i would take him. i think maybe his draft status has lowered since the eye injury

PS: if steve smith turns into a lamar odom, i think that would be a positive PD. lol. considering he is a second rounder. actually, i think that would be great even if he was a first rounder</div>

I think you mean Marcus Williams, lol.

4. AI2AI888

AI2AI888 JBB JustBBall Member

I like those picks, I would love to see Marcus Williams if the other Williams is gone, but I think that we have to take guys from good programs. Look at Shavlik, he comes from Duke and Coach K so he is a hard worker and a smart player.

5. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Psycho Drama:</div><div class="quote_post">I think you mean Marcus Williams, lol.</div>
    yep. thats what i meant. lol.

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I know with Webber getting up there in age, a big man to complement Dalembert/Hunter in the front court is a huge necessity, but a huge part of me is hoping we take the hometown pick, and take Randy Foye out of Villanova, Newark, New Jersey native. I’m obsesses with this kid he is one of the best people you will ever meet when it comes to attitude, and personality. I got a chance to meet him a few weeks ago when I went to a Villanova game I can personally say he is one of the most respectful people you will ever meet. Although, only 6’3”-6’4” Foye is built like a tank has the body of a NFL safety, and would be a great player to continue to build the youth movement around. I can see a duo of Foye and Iguodala in the future. I realize it’s probably wishful thinking, but that would be my ideal pick.

7. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

If he is there at the 76ers pick, I am definetely taking Shelden Williams! He is a Duke product so you know his game is going to be well polished, and fundamentally sound. The 76ers don't have one pure BIG man. Williams is going to create a pressence on the boards and on defense. He is also a physical player down low, which is something the Sixers really lack.

Maybe Webber could even teach him a thing or two on offense.

8. Really Lost One

id rather get a big body than foye. im a big nova fan so i know what you mean when you say he is talented. but in all honesty, how much PT do you think he will get next season? he will most likely be an AI backup IMO since andre will play 2 guard, and salmons or green will back him up. id rather use our first on sheldon williams, or a true point guard that can start and take pressure off of AI.

9. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">id rather get a big body than foye. im a big nova fan so i know what you mean when you say he is talented. but in all honesty, how much PT do you think he will get next season? he will most likely be an AI backup IMO since andre will play 2 guard, and salmons or green will back him up. id rather use our first on sheldon williams, or a true point guard that can start and take pressure off of AI.</div>
    Allen Iverson
    Randy Foye
    Andre Iguodala
    Chris Webber
    Samuel Dalembert

That’s how the lineup I’m hoping for would look like. If you think about it the player we draft to play in the front court will probably play less next year than a two guard we would draft, because we have Hunter and SD at center. Meanwhile, Webber plays about 35 minutes a game. We need to have a player that is starting shooting guard/ or small forward material, depending where we play Dre next year, Salmons might be gone he is a free agent. Ollie is solid, but nothing special. Korver is a good bench spark, but nothing more, and Green is shorter than Foye and not nearly as strong not to mention he will also be a free agent next year, considering the team is talking about signing him only for the remainder of this season.

BTW: If we draft Gerry Mcnamera in the second round I will honestly kill someone.

10. Really Lost One

i guess that lineup wont be too bad. the only thing is that we have two small players at the guard position, but i think it will work itself out since they are both decent defensive players, and we've gone through that with snow and iverson. all in all, it depends on which position we land in in the draft. if we have a top ten pick and get foye, i will be pissed because there are players better than him that can fit into our team to contribute, but if we get a mid-first round pick, which we most likely are, then i guess it wouldnt matter much. but id still rather pick up a good big man or an unselfish tough defensive point guard.

11. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">i guess that lineup wont be too bad. the only thing is that we have two small players at the guard position, but i think it will work itself out since they are both decent defensive players, and we've gone through that with snow and iverson. all in all, it depends on which position we land in in the draft. if we have a top ten pick and get foye, i will be pissed because there are players better than him that can fit into our team to contribute, but if we get a mid-first round pick, which we most likely are, then i guess it wouldnt matter much. but id still rather pick up a good big man or an unselfish tough defensive point guard.</div>
    Randy Foye is a projected top ten pick right now.

12. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Randy Foye is a projected top ten pick right now.</div>
    Well, here are the some players I would take instead of foye:

aldridge
    gay
    morrison
    mcroberts?
    carney
    tyrus thomas
    ronnie brewer
    mardy collins
    rondo
    sheldon
    reddick

like i said, i wouldnt be upset or anything if we picked foye, but if i were drafting, i would pick someone else.

13. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">

aldridge</div>
    YES

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">gay</div>
    YEAH

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">morrison</div>
    YES

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">mcroberts?</div>
    Yea

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">carney</div>
    Probably

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">tyrus thomas</div>
    Yep

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">ronnie brewer</div>
    It's a toss up between him, and Foye about who is going to be drafted first.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">mardy collins</div>
    No way...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">rondo</div>
    Looking like a late lottery pick right now.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">sheldon</div>
    Sheldon is only 6'9" in college he has dominated because of his length a lot of ball clubs are unsure about him due to his height. Projected as a late lottery pick as well.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">reddick</div>
    I don't Redick goes top ten

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">like i said, i wouldnt be upset or anything if we picked foye, but if i were drafting, i would pick someone else.</div>
    Same

14. Really Lost One

good points BKS. i guess we could go after foye, but if next season we still have iverson, salmons, green, andre, korver, ollie, and of course the player everyone thinks should deserve more minutes, louis williams, its going to be hard for him to get any minutes. heck, itll be hard for any guard to get any minutes, which is why i prefer to draft a big so webber wont play so many minutes and get worn out later on in the season

15. Really Lost One

Leon Powe

[​IMG]

Strengths: Very talented offensive player with the ability to play back to the basket or face up ... Explosive leaping ability despite the knee injuries ... Has great quickness, and crafty at getting around defenders to the basket ... Has a nose for the basket ... Very competitive and talented player, a real difference maker on the college level ... Ball handling is very good for a big forward ... Shooting ability out to 18 feet is good ... Has great upper body strength ... Super long arms and big hands make him like a magnet grabbing loose balls ... Great motor, competes hard ...

Weaknesses: Injuries to his knees have required two major reconstructive surgeries. The fear of another knee injury is there, so proving he can remain healthy through his Junior year would help his chances of getting drafted in the first round ... He's undersized to play power forward in the NBA, but has good athleticism and long arms ... Has good speed, but looks very awkward running the court, his back is always upright, he never leans forward, and his legs don't extend fully ... Lacks the passing ability and perimeter skills to play small forward ...

dont sleep on this guy. he has broken the record of most points scored, rebounds, and i believe fgs attempted in the pac 10 tournament. if we get a low first rounder, i think we could take a chance on him, but if he falls to our second round pick, BK better take him or ill be pissed

16. Really Lost One

Pops Mensah-Bonsu

[​IMG]

Strengths: Has great strength and agility, one of the most explosive leapers in the college game, he can leap out of the building ... Very energetic, competes hard ... Good shot blocker, he positions himself well on the defensive end to alter shots and grab rebounds ? Plays with a high level of intensity ... Takes high percentage shots, lots of put-backs and tip ins ? Can throw down some nasty dunks ? Runs the floor well, good agility ... Considered a good character guy ... Should be able to become a good role player as a rebounding shot blocker who brings energy off the bench ...

Weaknesses: Extremely raw offensively, he has no offensive game at all ? Fundamentals are lacking ... Relies purely on his athleticism for his points, all of which come on garbage tip-ins and put-backs within 5 feet of the basket ... Gets to the line a lot, but is a poor free throw shooter, only converting 54% this year (down from previous years) ?. Lacks the dribble drive ability to create his own shot ? No midrange game ? Defensively, not a good on ball defender, takes too many bad fouls, no discipline ... Must work on limiting foul problems ? Grabs rebounds with poor technique (this is a key area for him to focus on) ? Is able to succeed at this level only because of his raw athleticism ... Must cut down on turnovers ... A bit undersized at 6-8, but his long arms and athleticism make up for it ... Lacks a great feel for the game ... Lacks great touch, especially outside 5 feet from the basket ...

if powe isnt available in the 2nd, then we should definetly take a look at this guy. i saw a feature on him on sports center and this guy looked like amare stoudimire. he is definetly an athletic freak, but is really raw and will need time to develope. but i think he will turn into a special player

17. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I would love Powe, but honestly I don't think we're going to land a pick that low. Same with Mensah-Bonsu.

And am I the only one that wouldn't mind Smith in the 2nd round? He's a hometown boy too.

18. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

It's pretty sad that we are looking forward to the NBA Draft in order to get a ring. [​IMG]

19. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Well with Billy Queen as the GM..that's what pretty much happens. [​IMG]

20. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Psycho Drama:</div><div class="quote_post">
    And am I the only one that wouldn't mind Smith in the 2nd round? He's a hometown boy too.</div>
    id like him in the second, and i wouldnt be dissapointed if we got him there, but i think we need more depth at the big man spot and we need guys that can rebound and play good D. thats why im saying for us to get pops or powe