Sixers 2006 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Mar 12, 2006.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Shelden Williams thinks he has a promise somewhere else so he canceled on the 76ers.

The 76ers still want to workout JJ Redick, but he won't be working out with Philly on Friday. I known Smith is good, but form what I know he is more of a high 2nd rounder. It is interesting to see Ager back though.l like his game, but I don't know where he would fit in with this team.

Rumor has it King is really trying to move up, but there is also a rumor of the 76ers trading down. The 13th pick for both of the Suns first round picks (21 and 27). The rumor also stated that the 76ers would want Barbosa instead of the 21rst pick.

I'm not to sure of this, my favorite player for who the 76ers should draft might be availible then, but I'm not sure if we really need to move down because we can get better players at 13. Anything is possible though, and I can't wait until the draft starts. I don't think King will mess this up, he seems like a man on a mission.

2. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">Shelden Williams thinks he has a promise somewhere else so he canceled on the 76ers.

The 76ers still want to workout JJ Redick, but he won't be working out with Philly on Friday. I known Smith is good, but form what I know he is more of a high 2nd rounder. It is interesting to see Ager back though.l like his game, but I don't know where he would fit in with this team.

Rumor has it King is really trying to move up, but there is also a rumor of the 76ers trading down. The 13th pick for both of the Suns first round picks (21 and 27). The rumor also stated that the 76ers would want Barbosa instead of the 21rst pick.

I'm not to sure of this, my favorite player for who the 76ers should draft might be availible then, but I'm not sure if we really need to move down because we can get better players at 13. Anything is possible though, and I can't wait until the draft starts. I don't think King will mess this up, he seems like a man on a mission.</div>

I would do that in a flash. The difference between talent in this year's draft between the 13th and 21st isn't a lot. At 21 we might be able to get Shannon Brown ([​IMG]) or if not a guy like Mardy Collins should be on the board. Then at 27 we can get a big man, Paul Davis? Leon Powe? Alexander Johnson? Hilton Armstrong? This opens up some interesting possibilities.

Do you guys think that the Hawks would do Dalembert for the #5 straight up? If that's the case, we can pick Shelden or Aldridge then trade the 13 for the 21 and 27 and come out of the draft with say. LaMarcus Aldridge, Shannon Brown, and Dee Brown then pull the trigger on the Iverson to Denver deal and get Kenyon.

C - Aldridge/Shelden (Who ever we pick)
    PF - Kenyon Martin
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    SG - Shannon Brown
    PG - Dee Brown

OR

C - Aldridge/Shelden
    PF - Kenyon Martin
    SF - C-Webb
    SG - Andre Iguodala
    PG - Shannon/Dee Brown

That of course all depends if the Hawks do the #5 for Sam...

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">I would do that in a flash. The difference between talent in this year's draft between the 13th and 21st isn't a lot. At 21 we might be able to get Shannon Brown ([​IMG]) or if not a guy like Mardy Collins should be on the board. Then at 27 we can get a big man, Paul Davis? Leon Powe? Alexander Johnson? Hilton Armstrong? This opens up some interesting possibilities.

Do you guys think that the Hawks would do Dalembert for the #5 straight up? If that's the case, we can pick Shelden or Aldridge then trade the 13 for the 21 and 27 and come out of the draft with say. LaMarcus Aldridge, Shannon Brown, and Dee Brown then pull the trigger on the Iverson to Denver deal and get Kenyon.

PF - Kenyon Martin
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    SG - Shannon Brown
    PG - Dee Brown

OR

C - Aldridge/Shelden
    PF - Kenyon Martin
    SF - C-Webb
    SG - Andre Iguodala
    PG - Shannon/Dee Brown

That of course all depends if the Hawks do the #5 for Sam...</div>
    The second trade makes no sense. AI for Kenyon straight up? Why would we do that? I don?t think a lineup with Webber at the small forward spot would work. He can hardly guard the four. I shutter to think what quick small forwards will do to him. That team in even more of a defensive liability then the one we have now. I would not mind trading down in the draft though depending who is there at 13. I wouldn't pull the trigger on a deal like that until we are on the clock draft day though.

4. B.e.

Allen Iverson will not be traded for Kenyon Martin, the 76ers don't even have interest in him.

I think if King can't move up and draft the player he wants, he is going to move down with that Phoenix trade. I think we should just stay put, because anybody projected to go top 10 can always fall a few spots.

I also doubt the Hawks would do Dalembert for the 5th pick.

5. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">I would do that in a flash. The difference between talent in this year's draft between the 13th and 21st isn't a lot. At 21 we might be able to get Shannon Brown ([​IMG]) or if not a guy like Mardy Collins should be on the board. Then at 27 we can get a big man, Paul Davis? Leon Powe? Alexander Johnson? Hilton Armstrong? This opens up some interesting possibilities.

PF - Kenyon Martin
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    SG - Shannon Brown
    PG - Dee Brown

OR

C - Aldridge/Shelden
    PF - Kenyon Martin
    SF - C-Webb
    SG - Andre Iguodala
    PG - Shannon/Dee Brown

That of course all depends if the Hawks do the #5 for Sam...</div>

LOL.......are you serious.....a starting line up that young is gonna get murdered.

6. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iversonfan3:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL.......are you serious.....a starting line up that young is gonna get murdered.</div>
    That?s the whole point of the ?rebuilding process?. You will obviously go through a couple losing seasons after your superstar leaves (trade or retires), but eventually if you draft good talent and have cap room. You will be back in the playoffs, and contending soon.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">The second trade makes no sense. AI for Kenyon straight up? Why would we do that? I don’t think a lineup with Webber at the small forward spot would work. He can hardly guard the four. I shutter to think what quick small forwards will do to him. That team in even more of a defensive liability then the one we have now. I would not mind trading down in the draft though depending who is there at 13. I wouldn't pull the trigger on a deal like that until we are on the clock draft day though.</div>

Obviously the deal wouldn't be AI for Kenyon straight up, I just wasn't including details in the deal and giving you guys just a quick basic outlook of what our roster would look like.

All I want is to see some new faces in there because I'm tired of waiting. People around here would rather watch a young team that shows promise then watch C-Webb and A.I. put up 50 shots night in and night out. Honestly, I don't care if we trade Iverson a second round pick. I want this team to have a new identity, I want our young players to have a some what normal development, and I want change. I think I speak for everybody that we cannot have a season like last year with as little promise we have showed.

Watching the young players watching the little guy throw up and force shots made me want to vomit last season. I don't care if we win 10 games next season because this franchise is headed in the wrong direction. If we don't act now and we let Iverson finish out his career here then we won't win anything for 15 years. If we trade Iverson now and start the rebuilding process, I can honestly see us rise to the top in 5-10 years.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iversonfan2:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL.......are you serious.....a starting line up that young is gonna get murdered.</div>

See the post above mine. BKS hit it right on the nose. Obviously, unlike baseball or football, we don't have any player on the bench or in our farm system ready to step in and take Iverson's spot. No don't try to tell me that when A.I. is traded that Louis Williams will step in and average 25.

Bottom line: We are bad, change is good.

8. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Carney + Others Coming in for Last Minute Workout?

Was reading the paper this mourning and it said that the Sixers have a workout set for Monday. The only confirmed player that would be there is Rodney Carney. Definitely I would like either Carney or Shannon Brown. I'd prefer Brown though...

9. B.e.

The Inquirer said that Carney is the only confirmed player for the Monday workout. If he is on the board at 13, I would definitely consider him.

I can't wait, its going to be a very interesting draft this year.

10. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

13th for 22 + 23?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">(Update: 12:55) Another trade rumor that is making the rounds involves New Jersey and Philadelphia. The simple version of this trade would have the Sixers sending the #13 pick in the draft to New Jersey in return for the #22 and #23 Picks. ... Philadelphia would likely be looking whoever is left on the board at that point, with players like Maurice Ager, Quincy Douby, Shawne Williams, Mardy Collins, or Shannon Brown being the most likely targets.</div>

Draft Express

No love for a guy like Jordan Farmar? Honestly, I hope Billy King can trade Iverson before the draft so we can go Farmar at 22 and Shannon at 23.

11. B.e.

I'd rather have Collins than Framar, he is the better fit for the 76ers if they are keeping Allen Iverson. Framar just doesn't seem NBA ready to me for some reason.

12. Midnight Green

I really don’t think much of Farmer. I personally think Dee Brown will have a better career in the NBA than Farmer. That is just me though I would take Dee or Lowry over Farmer.

13. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd rather have Collins than Framar, he is the better fit for the 76ers if they are keeping Allen Iverson. Framar just doesn't seem NBA ready to me for some reason.</div>

I don't see why everyone says that. He was one of the best pure point guards in college ball last season, maybe even over Marcus Williams. People were saying that he was athletic enough to play the point in the pros but he recorded a 42" verticle at the pre-draft camp. Not to mention he led a UCLA team to the Championship game with a bummed wrist...

14. B.e.

What I think King will do is try and move up, and if he can't he will wait and see if the player he wants is still there at #13. If they are gone then King will probably trade down.

15. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

Personally, I like Farmar a lot. He seems like the kind of player that the Sixers need, a fast and athletic TRUE point guard that can run an offense and creat for his teammates. Imagine him to Iggy in transition. I just hope that if the Sixers take Farmar, maybe Collins can slip through the cracks to the Mavs. Or vice-versa

16. Midnight Green

Rodney Carney comes to town tomorrow for a workout...

17. Manhops23

Manhops23 Hi Rim my name is Lebron!

I like farmar but i really hope that rodney carney is on the board him and iggy next year would be nasty.

18. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

I'd love to see Rodney Carney wearing a Sixers cap after the 13th pick has been announced.AI and Iggy are a great duo on the fastbreak but now add Carney and you get a alley-oop nightmare for the other team

19. Midnight Green

Where is everyone?

20. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I`m here man, we still go Marcus Williams on the radar, 3 more picks to go!