Sixers Draft Expectations

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Mikeballa2001, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikeballa2001 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im the biggest sixers fan there is and I kno everything about basketball. I think the sixers should take noah with our first pick because he brings heart and hustle to our team thats what our city need someone that brings excitement like iverson did. I would luv to have Yi or B Wright but there not gonna be availible. I would trade Andre miller soo louis can play more, he is gonna be a stud he can ball and hes getting better jus watch, hes learning how to pass now, he can abv 20 ppg if he wanted to but he will not maybe 15 and 6, with our second pick I would grab Acie Law because we needa scorer at the 2 guard who can handle the ball and take sum heat off iggy willie and lou, plus we were last in 3 point attempts this year we need him, with our last pick I would take this guy yall may have never heard of him but his name is Marc Gasol, yes Paus brother he needs to get faster but he is a 7 foot lowpost monster, he can anchor our offense with him and noah upfront. Dalembert is ass hes garbage and its time we get rid of him now. Other players I like are aaron afflalo, he reminds me of kobe alil bit, and mustafa shakur my boy from philly. if we dont get a PG we can take Sean Singletary to run our offense in the 08 draft</div>haha Yeah everyone says they are the biggest Sixers fan. And Noah is so overrated I think he is a bust. Wright won't be around when we pick unless we get crazy luck, and jump up to pick 3. But Yi might still be there when we pick you never know. I agree about trading Miller. And that Williams be good.

2. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 20 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">I cannot believe how many Sixer fans are down for trading Andre Miller. You guys do realize that he is the main reason for your quick turnaround season, right?</span></div>And that is the problem we went from Oden/Durant/Wright true face for your franshise to w/e. And next year from GREAT chance at Mayo/Rose to again so so guy if we keep Miller.That is the problem man we trade AI to rebuild maybe get a true #1 by sucking yet we keep this 30 year old who is helping us win a lot of games for now, but will be gone when we actually ready to win there is no point for this at all.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amare320 @ Apr 20 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jakim Noah is sh*t not the sh*t, do not mention his name here.</div>hahaha I agree I hate this guy. And I think he is overrated.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 21 2007, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thank you! I think there are only two or three Sixers fans on this board, including myself, that actually realize that. All the others are blinded by Louis Williams so-called "upside" (which in my mind he doesn't have).And if we pick Noah when there are better big men available, I will call for Billy King's head. As much as I hate Ohio State, I'd take Conley over Noah any day of the week. I'd rather have Dalembert than Noah (and I've never been a huge Daly fan)... Noah is overrated.This entire topic is pretty much a joke... I really laughed at a lot of stuff posted in here by a certain someone.</div>I see what Miller has done, but it is not a good thing it is a bad thing.And Williams deff is gonna be good he needs to be starting send Miller packing for a first.Noah is deff overrated I agree.

3. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Let me ask you this, what makes you think Louis Williams is going to be a starter in this league? And don't give me a one or two sentence answer... if you're so convinced that he can be a starter not only for us but for any team in the league down the road, it shouldn't be too hard to explain.

4. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 21 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let me ask you this, what makes you think Louis Williams is going to be a starter in this league? And don't give me a one or two sentence answer... if you're so convinced that he can be a starter not only for us but for any team in the league down the road, it shouldn't be too hard to explain.</div>In the playing time he has gotten this season he has been great deff at the end of the season. He just does not get enough time when AI was here, and now with Miller. He needs to get consistent minutes then you will be able to see. It's hard one night playing 3 min then the next 23 or w/e once he is getting consistent good minutes you be able to see better. But he has shown flashes of being able to be a starter. And AI said this kid is good a few times. I am sure AI is not just saying that. I mean he won't say he is awful or not good, but he could have said nothing. And he learned from AI now he probably picked stuff up from Miller + the smart Ollie.

5. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikeballa2001 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So if we get conley u would cut miller,willie and ollie right??? I would</div>reading from some of your posts is a joke. Why would you want to move Miller? Miller is the reason why Andre is playing amazing so far. He is finding Dalembert, Iggy, and Korver good shots and they are banking them. That is the main reason why they are playing so well.In the draft I think you should pick a big man, backup PG, and another solid big man.If Hibbert or Hawes slips I think that would be a good choice. Joe Smith has almost nothing in the ptank and a big man to start would be great. Hibbert has a decent post game and I think thats what you need. I wouldn;t say Thabeet because you basically get a similar player to Dalembert. Hawes has a good post game and wpi;d be a great choice.Next pick I think you get the best possible big man or backup PG available. Maybe Josh McRoberts, Tiago Splitter or even Jason Smith. Anybody who could be a great role player. Or a big guard like Marcus Williams.

6. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And that is the problem we went from Oden/Durant/Wright true face for your franshise to w/e. And next year from GREAT chance at Mayo/Rose to again so so guy if we keep Miller.That is the problem man we trade AI to rebuild maybe get a true #1 by sucking yet we keep this 30 year old who is helping us win a lot of games for now, but will be gone when we actually ready to win there is no point for this at all.</div> Yeah, ditch Andre Miller so you guys suck next year so you have a shot at a top 3 pick. That has to be the stupiest thing I've ever heard. You play to win, apparently to you, it's about stocking up on lottery picks...aka Clipper ball. How can you be a fan of your team and want them to ditch a very good NBA PG and lose all season just for a possible lottery pick. You've got to be kidding me. Winning is never secondary, never.

7. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy Balla @ Apr 21 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>reading from some of your posts is a joke. Why would you want to move Miller? Miller is the reason why Andre is playing amazing so far. He is finding Dalembert, Iggy, and Korver good shots and they are banking them. That is the main reason why they are playing so well.In the draft I think you should pick a big man, backup PG, and another solid big man.If Hibbert or Hawes slips I think that would be a good choice. Joe Smith has almost nothing in the ptank and a big man to start would be great. Hibbert has a decent post game and I think thats what you need. I wouldn;t say Thabeet because you basically get a similar player to Dalembert. Hawes has a good post game and wpi;d be a great choice.Next pick I think you get the best possible big man or backup PG available. Maybe Josh McRoberts, Tiago Splitter or even Jason Smith. Anybody who could be a great role player. Or a big guard like Marcus Williams.</div>Iggy is mostly playing well due to him being forced to take more shots now that AI is gone sure Miller helped, but not as much as some people think. And Korver knocked down 3's before that's the only help AI can count on is 3's from Korver.

8. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 21 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, ditch Andre Miller so you guys suck next year so you have a shot at a top 3 pick. That has to be the stupiest thing I've ever heard. You play to win, apparently to you, it's about stocking up on lottery picks...aka Clipper ball. How can you be a fan of your team and want them to ditch a very good NBA PG and lose all season just for a possible lottery pick. You've got to be kidding me. Winning is never secondary, never.</div>Dude he be gone after next year anyway what don't you get and will suck so why not get a face for this franchise?Umm that PG is 30 and were rebuilding that's how. If he was younger okay, but he is gone after a year then our young guys gotta adjust to a new PG will suck, and we won't have a true #1. There is no point only being 10 games better for 2 seasons then were right back were we started once Miller is gone.You are locked to get a true 1 this year, and next there is all most a can't miss why would you want to win 10 more games when this guy will leave anyway and young guys gotta adjust again. If you ask me it's even worse asking young guys to adjust again once they finally got use to a guy not fair to them, and will not make them get better faster once they gotta get use to a diff PG.You will see what I am tlaking about in a year once Miller is done his contract, and is gone.Then will suck, but draft won't be as good to get a sure thing like this year, and next probably.But sure good luck I will say I told you so after a year. I am a Sixers fan I am season ticket holder I want us to win. But I also think about it being real and see that there was no reason to not trade Miller and win 10 extra games this season, and next then not get a face for your team and have him leave in a year and young guys having to adjust anyway. Watch it be a lot harder later for younger guys cause once they get use to Miller, and he leaves they gotta get use to someone else and for young guys it won't be as easy.

9. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

I agree with poney miller, but yoo we are rebuilding right, if anybody knos what rebuilding is it is starting over, yaa miller gave us a good run but his time is up we need younger guys because we gave our frachise player away, nigga miller cant help us rebuild yaa he nice but we need to produce williams soo we can have him get better this is why williams is niceI route for him every game andhe produces, he started behind nice pg's and he learned, now hes got a pg like cheeks to teach him and jim lynam is teaching him he knos alot, lou is a score flat out abg 30 plus in highschool, but now he is learning how to pass now, he is gonna be nice

10. Da Answer

Da Answer BBW Banned

Yo I'm a draft expert and know everything about basketball also. I think the Sixers should draft Josh McRoberts with their first pick. He may be a white boy but he has some serious skills. In case you guys didn't know he played at Duke this season. With the second pick I think we should take Derrik Rose. He's a player coming out of HS and has some serous skills. I played against him this season. He should be the first high schooler to get drafted.

11. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 21 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>In the playing time he has gotten this season he has been great deff at the end of the season. He just does not get enough time when AI was here, and now with Miller. He needs to get consistent minutes then you will be able to see. It's hard one night playing 3 min then the next 23 or w/e once he is getting consistent good minutes you be able to see better. But he has shown flashes of being able to be a starter. And AI said this kid is good a few times. I am sure AI is not just saying that. I mean he won't say he is awful or not good, but he could have said nothing. And he learned from AI now he probably picked stuff up from Miller + the smart Ollie.</div>So let me get this straight, I asked you why you think Louis Williams could start for us in the future, and you basically responded with these main points:1. He needs more playing time.2. AI said he's good so he's probably good.3. He practiced with Iverson, he must be good!Yeah, ok, and how much of that actually shows what he can do on the floor? Nothing.Have you ever stopped to think there was a reason the national high school player of the year fell to the second round of the draft?Have you ever stopped to think that there is a REASON Mo Cheeks isn't playing him when we're basically evaluating our young talent?Now Serge, try it again... maybe this time you can actually come up with an answer remotely relevant to the question that was asked.

12. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

1. He needs more playing time.2. AI said he's good so he's probably good.3. He practiced with Iverson, he must be good!Yeah, ok, and how much of that actually shows what he can do on the floor? Nothing.Have you ever stopped to think there was a reason the national high school player of the year fell to the second round of the draft?Have you ever stopped to think that there is a REASON Mo Cheeks isn't playing him when we're basically evaluating our young talent?Now Serge, try it again... maybe this time you can actually come up with an answer remotely relevant to the question that was asked. yous a f*cking hater, giv a nigga a chance ayo look at that draft, full of ballers, that draft had alot of high schoolers, and cheeks is playing him, he played 39 min our last 3 games, yaa he may be the high school player of the year but most of there niggas went to college Greg Paulus(Christian Brothers Academy)Syracuse, NY 6-2/180/23.2 Committed to Duke SG 1 Gerald Green(Gulf Shores Academy)Houston, TX 6-8/200 Committed to Oklahoma State SF 1 Julian Wright(Homewood-Flossmoor HS)Flossmoor, IL 6-8/190/14.5 Committed to Kansas PF 1 Josh McRoberts(Carmel HS)Carmel, IN 6-10/240/18.9 Committed to Duke C 1 Andrew Bynum(St. Joseph HS)Metuchen, NJ 7-0/240 Committed to Connecticut PG 2 Mario Chalmers(Bartlett HS)Anchorage, AK 6-2/180/20.0 Committed to Kansas SG 2 Monta Ellis(Lanier Senior HS)Jackson, MS 6-3/175/34.0 Committed to Mississippi State SF 2 Tasmin Mitchell(Denham Springs HS)Denham Springs, LA 6-7.5/235 Committed to LSU PF 2 Andray Blatche(South Kent School)South Kent, CT 6-10/238/24.4 Syracuse, West Virginia, Georgetown, North Carolina, Penn State C 2 Amir Johnson(Westchester Senior HS)Los Angeles, CA 6-9/215 Committed to Louisville PG 3 Byron Eaton(Lincoln HS)Dallas, TX 6-0/170 Committed to Oklahoma State SG 3 Martell Webster(Seattle Prep School)Seattle, WA 6-7/235/18.0 Committed to Washington SF 3 Keith Brumbaugh(Deland HS)Deland, FL 6-8/190/25.0 Committed to Oklahoma State PF 3 Tyler Hansbrough(Poplar Bluff HS)Poplar Bluff, MO 6-9/225/27.0 Committed to North Carolina SG 4 Louis Williams(South Gwinnett HS)Snellville, GA 6-1/175/37.0 Committed to Georgia SF 4 Brandon Rush(Mt. Zion Christian

13. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Louis Williams is a good young player. But is really being overrated by you guys. He not the next AI or Mo Cheeks. I say he'll be as good as Willie Green now with better passing skills. But MAYBEE a little better. Prolly around 13 ppg and 5 apg.

14. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

yaa I hear you these buls is making louis look overated im jus saying he has potential he has YET to acheive

15. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I'm not a hater, I'm a realist. Once again, open your eyes and see that there are REASONS he is not getting the playing time. Quite frankly I trust Billy King, Mo Cheeks and Tony DiLeo than you fools.I was pleading as much as anyone for Cheeks to give Williams playing time to see what he can do. He was a baller in the summer league, but he doesn't do enough consistently on the court.If you honestly think he's going to be a starting point-guard for this team, and lead us past the first-round at some point in the future (and that he is better fit to run a team than guys like Conley and Acie Law), then I really don't know what to say. You guys are basically saying that if you had the chance to acquire a better point guard for this team than Louis Williams, you wouldn't do it.We won't go anywhere with Williams as the point. It's not that difficult to comprehend. If you think otherwise, good for you, and I don't need to waste my time arguing with ignorant fools (although I'm cutting you slack since your new... I've seen enough of Serge to realize he is a bandwagoning homer).

16. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

yaa I agree, BUt I think IF williams learns the point or he plays the 2 and drops buckets we can succed if he learns the poiont he will survive in this league but if he dosent he will be a backup pg

17. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikeballa2001 @ Apr 21 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yaa I agree, BUt I think IF williams learns the point or he plays the 2 and drops buckets we can succed if he learns the poiont he will survive in this league but if he dosent he will be a backup pg</div>I hope that you didn't mean he be the starting two, because that would be utterly ridiculous. If he can somehow develop into a guy like Barbosa that can come in and get you quick buckets at the point or the two-guard, he could be effective. That's basically my ceiling for him, if not with us then somewhere else.And Serge, let me help you out with answering the question since I have this feeling you won't have a clue what to say. Maybe something along the lines of whether he can hit a jumpshot consistently, whether he can run a team, find the open man, elevate the play of his teammates, play defense, etc. Tell me what he can do on the court that makes you think he is going to be the starting point guard of this team down the line... if you have any basketball reasons.I'm not bashing the guy or saying we should get rid of him, because he could be useful, but don't expect the kid to be the starting point-guard for a serious contender in this league... that is never going to happen.

18. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

idk bout never dont say that, but I def agree with you nigga u sound like you kno what u talking bout, but yoo I agree with the barbosa comment if he can learn how to play like him he wll be nice, but this summer he is gonna work hard and get better, he will surprise all yall BET

19. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikeballa2001 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with poney miller, but yoo we are rebuilding right, if anybody knos what rebuilding is it is starting over, yaa miller gave us a good run but his time is up we need younger guys because we gave our frachise player away, nigga miller cant help us rebuild yaa he nice but we need to produce williams soo we can have him get better this is why williams is niceI route for him every game andhe produces, he started behind nice pg's and he learned, now hes got a pg like cheeks to teach him and jim lynam is teaching him he knos alot, lou is a score flat out abg 30 plus in highschool, but now he is learning how to pass now, he is gonna be nice</div>I agree Williams will be good.

20. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So let me get this straight, I asked you why you think Louis Williams could start for us in the future, and you basically responded with these main points:1. He needs more playing time.2. AI said he's good so he's probably good.3. He practiced with Iverson, he must be good!Yeah, ok, and how much of that actually shows what he can do on the floor? Nothing.Have you ever stopped to think there was a reason the national high school player of the year fell to the second round of the draft?Have you ever stopped to think that there is a REASON Mo Cheeks isn't playing him when we're basically evaluating our young talent?Now Serge, try it again... maybe this time you can actually come up with an answer remotely relevant to the question that was asked.</div>Are you that stupid he needs time to show what he can do get a clue.HAHA he not playing him cause Miller is getting the min fool watch the games not the box scores.Williams showed he can play if he get's the minutes and if you watch you would have seen.