Sixers Draft Expectations

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Mikeballa2001, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheAnalyst @ Apr 21 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Louis Williams is a good young player. But is really being overrated by you guys. He not the next AI or Mo Cheeks. I say he'll be as good as Willie Green now with better passing skills. But MAYBEE a little better. Prolly around 13 ppg and 5 apg.</div>I never said he is the next AI. But you underrate him this guy will be a nice starter try watching. We actually know what were talking about.

2. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not a hater, I'm a realist. Once again, open your eyes and see that there are REASONS he is not getting the playing time. Quite frankly I trust Billy King, Mo Cheeks and Tony DiLeo than you fools.I was pleading as much as anyone for Cheeks to give Williams playing time to see what he can do. He was a baller in the summer league, but he doesn't do enough consistently on the court.If you honestly think he's going to be a starting point-guard for this team, and lead us past the first-round at some point in the future (and that he is better fit to run a team than guys like Conley and Acie Law), then I really don't know what to say. You guys are basically saying that if you had the chance to acquire a better point guard for this team than Louis Williams, you wouldn't do it.We won't go anywhere with Williams as the point. It's not that difficult to comprehend. If you think otherwise, good for you, and I don't need to waste my time arguing with ignorant fools (although I'm cutting you slack since your new... I've seen enough of Serge to realize he is a bandwagoning homer).</div> [​IMG] WOW just wow he needs time to show what he can do consistent time.Williams is a starter in this league for sure give him time. And consistent time not 3 min for max every game when he does not site then last 3 games 30+ min and expect him to just go in there and go of. He actually has done great when he got lots of minutes last few games, but you need to give him consistent minutes it is not easy sitting then coming of the bench for 32 min and expected to show something good right away.

3. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Once again, you did not answer the question because I'm guessing you have no real basketball answer. Hell ANY PLAYER CAN PRODUCE WHEN THEY ARE GIVEN THE TIME. There is a reason he is not getting the time even when we are basically evaluating our players.IF HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH IN PRACTICE THEN HE WOULD BE GETTING CONSISTENT TIME. HE IS NOT GETTING CONSISTENT TIME BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Nothing you have said to back up your opinion has made any sense nor is it anything factual... it's all opinion and hypothetical. "He needs more time to show he can be a starter" blah blah blah. You have no idea what you're talking about.

4. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 22 2007, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Once again, you did not answer the question because I'm guessing you have no real basketball answer. Hell ANY PLAYER CAN PRODUCE WHEN THEY ARE GIVEN THE TIME. There is a reason he is not getting the time even when we are basically evaluating our players.IF HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH IN PRACTICE THEN HE WOULD BE GETTING CONSISTENT TIME. HE IS NOT GETTING CONSISTENT TIME BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Nothing you have said to back up your opinion has made any sense nor is it anything factual... it's all opinion and hypothetical. "He needs more time to show he can be a starter" blah blah blah. You have no idea what you're talking about.</div>Because Miller is getting time he really helping young guys that is why he not getting time not cause he is not good enough.I do have a idea cause when he was giving minutes towards the end of the season I saw what he did unlike you I was not blind.And coach saying good stuff about player when asked is one thing AI I am sure was not just trying to make him feel good by saying Williams really got potential. He was not even asked he just that I for get when some interview maybe training camp maybe some were else, but anyway he was not even asked he just said that. So I am sure he was not just trying to make him feel good. And I would trust AI/coach/what I see when he got playing time at the end of the season few games then you from were ever you get your info.You clearly did not see the last few games when he did get playing time what he did.

5. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I did see, and that is not enough to convince me he is going to be a starter for us or in this league. A few games means absolutely nothing. I think you're the blind one, not me.Oh, and please make up your mind, either you think Miller did help our young players or he didn't. You can't have it both ways and say in one post that he did, and in another that he didn't. Choose one, and stick with it instead of changing your opinion every five seconds.

6. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I did see, and that is not enough to convince me he is going to be a starter for us or in this league. A few games means absolutely nothing. I think you're the blind one, not me.Oh, and please make up your mind, either you think Miller did help our young players or he didn't. You can't have it both ways and say in one post that he did, and in another that he didn't. Choose one, and stick with it instead of changing your opinion every five seconds.</div>When your sit play a min or 3 every 10 games then put in for like 32 min and you do good that is a HUGE DEAL cause your rusty you should be of for a few games when that happens if you think about it.I am not changing my mind he helped a little I agree, but also not as much as some make it out to be. Those guys were just forced to also take stuff on them self with AI gone they were forced to do more it was not just Miller that was the diff. But also even with the help it hurt us in draft is what I mean and for what 10 extra games? I mean not even like we made the playoffs so you can't say give guys expiernece in the playoffs or w/e. And + they already had that 2 years ago those guys were in the playoffs. Green, Korver, Iggy, and Sammy you for got how he got his contract to begin with? LOL So they don't need playoffs help they need a true GREAT player to chance you team for ever like Ewing did for Knicks many years ago.

7. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Once again you've failed to provide any relevant information as to why Williams is going to be as good as you think he is... therefore I'm done arguing with a person who knows less about the NBA than a six-month old baby.

8. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Once again you've failed to provide any relevant information as to why Williams is going to be as good as you think he is... therefore I'm done arguing with a person who knows less about the NBA than a six-month old baby.</div>I watch that why, and I trust AI knows what he is talking about. And for the last time I WATCH. And in the very litte time he get's he has showen flashes of being good if he is giving minutes.

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 22 2007, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I watch that why, and I trust AI knows what he is talking about. And for the last time I WATCH. And in the very litte time he get's he has showen flashes of being good if he is giving minutes.</div>Again, all you can f*cking say is "I watch" and "AI said he's good so he's good!" Please... if you watch, tell me what the hell you SEE that makes you think he is starter material for a championship team, dumbass. It's not that hard to understand... but since you can't mention what basketball skills he possesses that you have seen while "WATCHING," it seriously makes me doubt that you even WATCH him at all.

10. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

Big Mo shut the F*ck up, of course he hasnt backed up his talk bcuz louis hasent proven anything yet for us sixers fan to provide info about him, this is his first real season getting minutes

11. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Dude you don't understand. Serge is incredibly biased with the Sixers and he isn't realistic at all. He never can prove any points he makes. You haven't been around long enough though to know that.

12. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikeballa2001 @ Apr 22 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Big Mo shut the F*ck up, of course he hasnt backed up his talk bcuz louis hasent proven anything yet for us sixers fan to provide info about him, this is his first real season getting minutes</div>OK, you do realize you just proved my point right?If he hasn't proven anything for you to provide information about why he is going to be such a huge part of our future, then why in the hell do you think right now that he is going to be a huge part of the future? Did a little alien come down from Mars and tell you? Seriously, you two need to actually give a reason as to why you feel that way, but you can't!

13. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

Yes I cant ok, I kno my sh*t unlike him, but lou has POTENTIAL hes not great hes not a PG hes not a superstar, hes an avg player UNTIL he proves he can and that takes offseason workouts,training camp, and summer league which he was the MVP of last year rocky mountain revenue I might add, im jus saying that my nigga is nice and jus give him time, hes like 19 or 20 years old

14. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

Heres what NBADRAFT.NET said bout him Louis Williams Birthdate: 10/27/86NBA Position: SG/PGCollege: GeorgiaClass: HS SeniorHt: 6-2Wt: 175Hometown: Lithonia, GAHigh School: South Gwinnett NBA Comparison: Allen IversonOne of the most explosive offensive weapons in High School right now?A high flyer who can rise like few his size, and finish with a flare around the bucket?Has solid form and rotation on his J?More of a set shooter from deep, as he doesn't use much leg lift on his jumper?Developing a mid range game to compliment his deep J and explosive drives would make him an even stronger offensive threat?strong handle, with an explosive crossover?very quick with the ball, and can get by his HS competition with little difficulty?solid passer in the lane, but at 6'2, the NBA will make him fail as a PG before it allows him to play SG, and is no NBA PG?to be a SG, must get stronger, and maybe grow several inches, to play the NBA Point, he must vastly improve his court vision, passing, and ability to make his teammates better and run an offense?has solid footwork on the offensive end and does well at getting his feet set before he puts up a shot?very aggressive on the offensive end of the floor, and moves very fluidly and with a purpose when off the ball?Uses screens and gets himself open for shots well?decent defender man on because he's quick with quick hands?needs to step up his defensive focus and intensity as he'll have lapses that opponents can take advantage of?can steal the dribble, but doesn't jump passing lanes well, and not a strong team defender?has solid defensive footwork on the perimeter, but his mental lapses are consistent right now?decent rebounder for his size due to his great leaping, but wonder how well he can do on the next level there?is an excellent player in the transition game both offensively and defensively, on the offensive break, his ability to hit from deep and finish at the rim are ideal?his shot selection is sometimes poor, but he is conscious of such lapses and will settle in?the vocal leader of his South Gwinnett and AAU team, while backcourt mate Mike Mercer is the director of the action on the floor. Short and sweet: A real player, with definite NBA game. As a HS JR, he's not there yet, but he has the requisite skills and with continued work will get there, and be a solid player. His biggest question mark may be what position? He's a natural scorer, so can he develop into a scoring point, like Stephon Marbury, or does he have to play an Allen Iverson scoring role alongside a bigger point? Also, will he improve his defense and other lacking areas to compliment the things he does best and make him an elite player as he gets older? Committed to play for the University of Georgia, expect him to explode onto the SEC right away on a very thin Bulldog roster as a scorer in 2005-6 season.-Benjamin Eggar -- 2/17/04---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Williams is by far the best scorer in his class. He can play on the perimeter and burn defenders with his NBA range. Or he'll blow by his defender with his amazing first step, which is his best attribute. There aren?t many that can defend it. His athletic ability allows him to play above the rim with ease. Loves to go baseline and attack the basket. Williams can play the point and his court vision is pretty solid. But really excels playing as a pure scorer. He does a good job of penetrating to the basket and finds the open player on the block. Defensively he could improve. But most players in high school could. Williams has shown he can play with quicker players but sometimes seems so content just scoring points. Has extremely long arms and blocks a lot of shots as well as quick hands for steals. Despite being so young, he's very mature and handles the pressures of being a "superstar" so young. He doesn?t shy away from top competition and wants the ball in his hands when it matters. Williams has untapped potential and should be considered one of the best players in the 2005. -Justin Young

15. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikeballa2001 @ Apr 22 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes I cant ok, I kno my sh*t unlike him, but lou has POTENTIAL hes not great hes not a PG hes not a superstar, hes an avg player UNTIL he proves he can and that takes offseason workouts,training camp, and summer league which he was the MVP of last year rocky mountain revenue I might add, im jus saying that my nigga is nice and jus give him time, hes like 19 or 20 years old</div>OK, see, that is what I'm saying... me and you just had a big misunderstanding. I thought you were saying the same sh*t as Serge, because he thinks Louis Williams is basically a superstar waiting to happen, blah blah blah.At least you realize he has a long way to go until he realizes his "potential," whatever that may be.

16. Mikeballa2001

Mikeballa2001 BBW Banned

17. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 22 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>OK, see, that is what I'm saying... me and you just had a big misunderstanding. I thought you were saying the same sh*t as Serge, because he thinks Louis Williams is basically a superstar waiting to happen, blah blah blah.At least you realize he has a long way to go until he realizes his "potential," whatever that may be.</div>I never said he is a super star, or star. I said he is a starter and in the little minutes he has played he showen flashes of being good. I don't know were you see me say super star, or star so maybe you should learn to read.

18. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 23 2007, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never said he is a super star, or star. I said he is a starter and in the little minutes he has played he showen flashes of being good. I don't know were you see me say super star, or star so maybe you should learn to read.</div>When you say he is good enough to lead a team to a championship, that is pretty much saying he's going to be a star. The fact that you even think he can be a starting point guard for a championship caliber team is mind-boggling in itself.Again, I'm done arguing with an idiot. Time to go back to ignoring Serge's idiotic posts like everybody else does.

19. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 23 2007, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When you say he is good enough to lead a team to a championship, that is pretty much saying he's going to be a star. The fact that you even think he can be a starting point guard for a championship caliber team is mind-boggling in itself.Again, I'm done arguing with an idiot. Time to go back to ignoring Serge's idiotic posts like everybody else does.</div>I never said HE will lead the team to the title, but he can deff start on a team. He does not have to lead his team he can still start on a team that goes to the finals if you got other guy who is great/very good player I am not saying he is #1, or even #2 on a team I just said he is a STARTER. So no he don't have to be a star. :doh:

20. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

lmao.. guys Louis is NOT a starter, not for any team in this league.louis williams isn't that goodhas he proved anything? no.He's just like any other point guard who's young and has showen flashes of great potential, everyone does once in a while. I do expect the sixers to give louis a little more playing time this next season or actualy mabye not even that if u include all the talent that the sixers are going to pick up come draft time .. louis will have to work his f*cking ass off and prove that he's more than a decent player to mo cheeks, so um why the F*ck are you talking about starting him? Iverson has said good things about him.. so what, im sure many team leaders encourge younger players on there team to boost there confidence.. and yeah louis has probley learnt a few things from them but that dosen't change the fact that louis williams is just a player in the league trying to put his 'fair' talent onto the court ..and make it as a player..like all up and comming players have to, Williams came out of high school, he's got plenty of time to prove that he's more of a point guard than others .. will he? who know's but right now he's certainly not much and not a started nore a major factor for this team. uh too much drugs peoples. lay off it a bit