Sixers looking foward to NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, May 23, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It's been a while since Billy King was involved with the NBA draft lottery, but he knows that one of the key elements of the draw is having a productive good-luck charm with him.

After soliciting the visitors to the 76ers' Web site for ideas, King came up with an appropriate and timely talisman representative of Philadelphia's best-known celebrity.

"A horseshoe from Smarty Jones," said King, the Sixers' president and general manager, referring to the winner of the first two jewels of the Triple Crown. "Three people suggested that, so I'll be taking one with me.

"We're trying to think of some other things. At Duke, we'd always eat at lucky restaurants around the time of the Final Four. So we're thinking about all kinds of different ideas."

Looking at the odds, it won't be impossible, but it certainly will be difficult for the Sixers to move up from the No. 9 spot they currently occupy when the NBA holds the lottery Wednesday in Secaucus, N.J., to determine the order of the first 14 selections in next month's draft.

The lottery, which is determined behind the scenes at NBA Entertainment Studios before the team officials take the stage for the television broadcast on ESPN, works like this:</div>

<div align="center">Full Story</div>

<div align="center"><u>CHANCES of WINNING</u>

<font color="Red">TEAM REC. PCT. </font>

1. Orlando 21-61 25.0%
    2. Chicago 23-59 20.0%
    3. Washington 25-57 15.7%
    4. L.A. Clippers 28-54 10.5%
    5. Atlanta 28-54 10.4%
    6. Phoenix 29-53 6.4%
    7. Toronto 33-49 3.7%
    8. Philadelphia 33-49 3.6%
    9. Cleveland 35-47 1.8%
    10. Golden State 37-45 0.9%
    11. Seattle 37-45 0.9%
    12. Portland 41-41 0.6%
    13. Utah 42-40 0.5%</div>

By the looks of the possibilities it’s not really in favor of us. As you can see we're at the number 8 spot, so we have a good chance of getting a decent draft pick.

2. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Yeh my luckey charm for the lottery is that my Birthday is on the same day so if we get the number one pick it will be because of me. :mrgreen:

3. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

If Sixers get the 1st pick, (just my opinion) They should get either Okafor, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, or maybe Livingston.

4. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

How will they get the number one spot?

5. B.e.

Its the lottery, a team gets a certain number of balls and what ever ball comes up thats why draft pick they get,if we'e lucky we'll get the number one pick but Orlando has the best chance to get it.

6. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Well, I'm crossing my fingers and hope they get #1 pick [​IMG]

7. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

That's a good luck charm if you ask me. =D

8. Sasha

That's what I'm saying, how are we going to get the #1 pick with teams like Orlando in the way.

9. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">That's what I'm saying, how are we going to get the #1 pick with teams like Orlando in the way.</div>

It's not like its impossible. But in our case, it would be extremely rare for us to get the #1 pick. If anything, we would be lucky if we got the #6 pick.

BTW if anyone is interested you can go here to learn more about the Sixers Recent and All-Time great draft picks.

10. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Well all us Sixer fans can do is just cross our fingers and....pray.

11. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

The smarty jones horseshoe would be the best if you ask me, that is if he wins the triple crown. If he doesn't win the Belmont, between the flyers just losing and the typical philly fans, there might be smarty jones glue out soon.

12. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeh my luckey charm for the lottery is that my Birthday is on the same day so if we get the number one pick it will be because of me. :mrgreen:</div>

Same as me, lucky us, mayhaps we're both the lucky charms. I think faith and luck are with the Sixers. I think this year we'll get someone awesome to help AI and Sammy Dalembert.

13. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

[quote name='Avery']It's not like its impossible. But in our case, it would be extremely rare for us to get the #1 pick. If anything, we would be lucky if we got the #6 pick.

i dont think its possible for us to acquire the 6th pick according to this website http://nbadraft.net/lottery.asp

14. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Lol,I treid that Chad Ford's NBA Mock Draft at espn.com and played the draft few times,at the 4th or 6th time I pressed the draft button,Philadelphia 76ers had the 1st pick! [​IMG] (every other time it was owned by Orlando or Atlanta)

15. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

^Really? Hey do you a link to that, because I can't really find it on there.

16. lazygun

lazygun JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting iversonfan3:</div><div class="quote_post">[quote name='Avery']It's not like its impossible. But in our case, it would be extremely rare for us to get the #1 pick. If anything, we would be lucky if we got the #6 pick.

i dont think its possible for us to acquire the 6th pick according to this website http://nbadraft.net/lottery.asp</div>

i dont get it. can someone explain me, why we can not get the picks no.5-8(4th to charlotte is obvious)? please! [​IMG]

17. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think its possible for us to acquire the 6th pick according to this website</div>

Like I said:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">But in our case, it would be extremely rare for us to get the #1 pick. If anything, we would be lucky if we got the #6 pick.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont get it. can someone explain me, why we can not get the picks no.5-8(4th to charlotte is obvious)? please!</div>

The Bobcats are going to get the #4 pick. Those are just the probabilities for teams who has a chance to get the #1 Pick.

18. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NJ's Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">^Really? Hey do you a link to that, because I can't really find it on there.</div>

Here you go. Select Mock Draft+Lottery under the features selection.Have fun! :P

19. Sasha

So much for the number one pick. We got the ninth pick, as was projected by almost everyone.

20. B.e.

Yeah I guess us Sixers fans can never get any luck!The number 1 pick would have been a nice B-Day present oh well I think we can get Jameer with the 9th.