Sixers Seek Best Available Player

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Shapecity, Jun 23, 2005.

1. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

I missed it yesterday going to watch it today I just forgot I guess Mo was on yesterday but don't know about what he said.

2. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

If the 76ers don't move up, another strong pick swould be Dwayne Jones at the #45 pick. Jones is a local Philly player who went to St.Joe's so the 76ers are aware of what he brings to the table. Jones is a strong rebounder and has a good ability to block shots. He is also a nice sized player at 6-11 in the NBA he is likely to play PF so that means he could fill in where the 76ers lack the backup PF position. The 76ers could use a plyer like him especially off the bench.

3. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

I'm not too big on these young guys, so is this Jones guy athletic or is he more of a physical player?

4. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

From what I've heard about him, he's all right athletically. He's a good rebounder and shotblocker, but offensive game is almost non-existant. Also rail thin weighing at 225 despite being 6-11.

5. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">From what I've heard about him, he's all right athletically. He's a good rebounder and shotblocker, but offensive game is almost non-existant. Also rail thin weighing at 225 despite being 6-11.</div>

Sounds like we have a potential 2nd coming of Samuel Dalembert on our hand coming off the bench. We're in need of a big man off our bench, so I wouldn't mind this guy at all. Marc Jackson is solid, but we know about his inability to leap 1 inch off the floor. So a rebounder that can actually get up in the air would be of much use.

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not too big on these young guys, so is this Jones guy athletic or is he more of a physical player?</div>
    Jones is a player from St. Joes he averaged a double double last season with the team. He himself has admitted though something he really needs to do is gain muscle to compete down low in the NBA. He has a pretty good shot, but I think the 76ers if they get a big man need a guy who will bang around down low. not shoot the mid range jumper though its nice. A inside guy is something we lack. I do not think his body is ready to come in and give us solid minutes down low right now. I am big on local players though, and think in the long run he would pan out.

7. Negrodamus

Negrodamus JBB JustBBall Member

hello everyone im new but ill give my two cents on the subject. In my opinion i think we should draft Amir Johnson at 45. he is 6-11 and is out of highschool. he doesnt need to jump into the PF rotation right now but when he gets stronger and works on his frame he will be a force. he can throw it down real well and from what i hear play decent defense. this was all in highschool so take it for what its worth but he sounds real athletic and we could use another athletic big man.

Louis Williams was considered to be the number 1 prospect in HS basketball during the basketball season. he has a lot of potential and would love for him to eventually take the role of point guard for this team. he would play with a similar player to him (iverson) except hes taller and can throw it down real well. if he just works on his game a bit he could be a star in the league.

Just wondering... where did you get the rumor that we will buy the 1st round pick. im not questioning you but do you have a source or anything

8. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Negrodamus:</div><div class="quote_post">hello everyone im new but ill give my two cents on the subject. In my opinion i think we should draft Amir Johnson at 45. he is 6-11 and is out of highschool. he doesnt need to jump into the PF rotation right now but when he gets stronger and works on his frame he will be a force. he can throw it down real well and from what i hear play decent defense. this was all in highschool so take it for what its worth but he sounds real athletic and we could use another athletic big man.

Louis Williams was considered to be the number 1 prospect in HS basketball during the basketball season. he has a lot of potential and would love for him to eventually take the role of point guard for this team. he would play with a similar player to him (iverson) except hes taller and can throw it down real well. if he just works on his game a bit he could be a star in the league.

Just wondering... where did you get the rumor that we will buy the 1st round pick. im not questioning you but do you have a source or anything</div>

Hey, I would just like to welcome you to Justbball. Hope to see you post a lot more often in the 76ers section of the forum. Well I was listening to espnews today, and they were talking to Louis Williams in a interview. He seemed like a young guy who had his act pretty well rounded. He also looked like a kid who I would not mind having on the team.

However, I do not believe the 76ers would take him due to one reason his size. He is only 6'2", and would not work well with AI in the back court when facing bigger matchups like Rip and Billups or Jason Kidd and Vince Carter.

He is also like AI in terms of he is a hypebreed guard he says he expects to start out in the NBA as a point guard, but hopes to eventually put on enough muscle and develope his game enough to play 2 guard. He seems a little to much like Iverson in my opinion which in this case is not a good thing at least not with the current 76ers team we have in play.

9. Terminator-X

Terminator-X JBB Banned Member

sixers should draft randolph morris,not underweight keon clark clones.

morris already has an nba body and just needs time to develop his game,with nba coaches working with him i`m sure he will develop into a very servicable nba center

10. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Terminator-X:</div><div class="quote_post">sixers should draft randolph morris,not underweight keon clark clones.

morris already has an nba body and just needs time to develop his game,with nba coaches working with him i`m sure he will develop into a very servicable nba center</div>

Morris won't slip that far.

11. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Terminator-X:</div><div class="quote_post">sixers should draft randolph morris,not underweight keon clark clones.

morris already has an nba body and just needs time to develop his game,with nba coaches working with him i`m sure he will develop into a very servicable nba center</div>

Morris won't slip that far, so the Sixers can't take him anyway. I'm not even sure why he even tried to go to the NBA, he should've stayed at Kentucky. Jones would add another PF and a good defender, and that's what Philly needs. When you have Allen Iverson, Chris Webber, Iguodala, Korver, etc. you have more than enough offense. If the Sixers fix up the their defense, I can see them making some noise next year.

12. TheGreatK-Bob

TheGreatK-Bob JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Jones is a player from St. Joes he averaged a double double last season with the team. He himself has admitted though something he really needs to do is gain muscle to compete down low in the NBA. He has a pretty good shot, but I think the 76ers if they get a big man need a guy who will bang around down low. not shoot the mid range jumper though its nice. A inside guy is something we lack. I do not think his body is ready to come in and give us solid minutes down low right now. I am big on local players though, and think in the long run he would pan out.</div>

Dwayne Jones Does NOT have a good jump shot, I don't know what your talking about, and despite seeming skinny the guy is strong, and could grab rebounds and block shots in the nba right now, he has no hands however and relies on his very good timing as apposed to his brick hands to grab rebounds and catch potential assists, can dunk well when he gets the ball in the low post, but cannot even make 5 foot jumpers consistantly, cannot shoot free throws, but honestly, I think will be a very good defensive player in the league.

13. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheGreatK-Bob:</div><div class="quote_post">Dwayne Jones Does NOT have a good jump shot, I don't know what your talking about, and despite seeming skinny the guy is strong, and could grab rebounds and block shots in the nba right now, he has no hands however and relies on his very good timing as apposed to his brick hands to grab rebounds and catch potential assists, can dunk well when he gets the ball in the low post, but cannot even make 5 foot jumpers consistantly, cannot shoot free throws, but honestly, I think will be a very good defensive player in the league.</div>
    Hmm..... they were showing his work out on comcast a little while back he seemed to be hitting a lot of shots from the mid rnage area, but that was probably a bad observation by myself. However he is not that strong, he needs to get a lot stronger he weighs 225 and is a near seven footer. I am not trying to hate on him, but merely stating what he siad to reporters was one of the weaknesses he needed to improve on. Just compare him to the forwards on our division rival Boston Celtics. All of them weigh at least 245 pounds that is a good 20 pound difference in terms of weight he will be facing.

If he can gain enough muscle/weight to weigh around 240 I think he would be in a better position to help our team and/or get drafted.

14. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know about all this weight talk. Just because he is a little light doesn't make me worry. I'm sure most of us in the Philly area have seen this kid play plenty an most games I was impressed with he will rebound block his share of shots. Can get to some points but not going to be getting 20 plus a game. An just for instance look at the Pistons Sheed is 6-11 an 230 pounds an Wallace is 6-9 an 240. We all agree that they are a great front line. That's only 10 pound an Sheed is taller than Jones. I think to much is being read into this an we should look at skills an heart an not oh he doesn't weigh enough.

15. Negrodamus

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, I would just like to welcome you to Justbball. Hope to see you post a lot more often in the 76ers section of the forum. Well I was listening to espnews today, and they were talking to Louis Williams in a interview. He seemed like a young guy who had his act pretty well rounded. He also looked like a kid who I would not mind having on the team.

However, I do not believe the 76ers would take him due to one reason his size. He is only 6'2", and would not work well with AI in the back court when facing bigger matchups like Rip and Billups or Jason Kidd and Vince Carter.

He is also like AI in terms of he is a hypebreed guard he says he expects to start out in the NBA as a point guard, but hopes to eventually put on enough muscle and develope his game enough to play 2 guard. He seems a little to much like Iverson in my opinion which in this case is not a good thing at least not with the current 76ers team we have in play.</div>

If we were to get Louis Williams it will be a pick solely based on life after iverson.

I like Amir Johnson. he has a lot of time to develop and when he does he will be a good player. i awas hoping Ryan Gomes falls to us. he seems like if he has the speed for the SF position, he can be a good addition to any team.

im still wondering where you guys are getting this information on us buying a draft pick. im really curious about it. if we do then i wil be extremely excited about the draft. i would hope someone would fall like Hakim warrick who could be the 6-9 SF on our team and make us a bigger team. could you imagine...

PG- Iverson
    SG- Iguodala
    SF- Warrick
    PF- Webber
    C- Dalembert

we would have defense at every position (except for webber). Warrick will be a tough guy to play against. hes also a philly guy too. we would have a good fast break offense with Iverson, iguodala, warrick, and dalembert (everyone suffers from the pain in webbers knees).

16. Terminator-X

Terminator-X JBB Banned Member

Buy #19 pick from memphis for 2-3 million add hackson jackson and send to charlotte for #5 then draft GERALD GREEN or DANNY GRANGER

17. B.e.

On one of the draft rumor sites, it said Philadelphia was interested in Memphis' 19th pick. Memphis is supposedly shopping their pick hoping to make some cap room by selling the pick, for about 3 million.

18. Negrodamus

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Terminator-X:</div><div class="quote_post">Buy #19 pick from memphis for 2-3 million add hackson jackson and send to charlotte for #5 then draft GERALD GREEN or DANNY GRANGER</div>

i would like to know why charlotte would give up a future all star for Marc Jackson (very little value) and a pick that would guarantee less star power from.

can you tell me the website B-22. if you dont know then thats fine

19. B.e.

I'm not sure, you can PM CourtKing with that question he is the one who showed me the link so he might know where it is. By the way welcome to JBB we hope to see you stick around we need some more 76er fans/posters.

20. Negrodamus

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not sure, you can PM CourtKing with that question he is the one who showed me the link so he might know where it is. By the way welcome to JBB we hope to see you stick around we need some more 76er fans/posters.</div>

thanks... im just hoping its a reliable source because it sounds too good to be true