Sixers still after Yi?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Courtking, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">King has said that this likely won't be the final roster the Sixers take into training camp.

The Sixers could try to deal for Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian, who was selected sixth by Milwaukee in Thursday's draft. If Yi's representatives balk at going to Milwaukee, the Sixers, who attempted to acquire Yi on draft night, could be back in the picture.</div>

Source: Yahoo! (via Philly.com)

Does Billy King realize that the draft is over? I would try and acquire Yi, as long as it doesn't take giving up Thaddeus Young. Recently, he's really impressed me with how he's treating the fans (after looking at what Iverson and Webber did on fan appreciation night a few years back). I've proposed a deal in another thread, which looked something like this:

Mo Williams (sign-and-trade) + Yi Jianlian for Andre Miller + Willie Green/Rodney Carney + Kyle Korver

Thoughts?

2. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I am in love with Thaddeus Young right now, so any trade involving him is out of the question. The organization would look retarded trading him after he threw out the first pitch at the Phillies/Mets game, and has a poll on 76ers.com asking what number he should wear. Personally, outside of Young, Byars, and Iguodala no one is untouchable to me. I would trade Korver, Carney, and a filler for Yi if the Bucks would take it. We need to get rid of some bodies so that we can open up some roster spots.

3. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Source: Yahoo! (via Philly.com)

Does Billy King realize that the draft is over? I would try and acquire Yi, as long as it doesn't take giving up Thaddeus Young. Recently, he's really impressed me with how he's treating the fans (after looking at what Iverson and Webber did on fan appreciation night a few years back). I've proposed a deal in another thread, which looked something like this:

Mo Williams (sign-and-trade) + Yi Jianlian for Andre Miller + Willie Green/Rodney Carney + Kyle Korver

Thoughts?</div>

What do you mean how he is treating fans? King has done nothing besides draft since the whole blown up fan appreciation day thing, even though he vowed '**** will change' THAT offseason.

I'd be willing to trade for Yi...but I don't think a deal would look like the one you proposed...it depends how much the Bucks want for him.

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">A.F. Venom Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What do you mean how he is treating fans? King has done nothing besides draft since the whole blown up fan appreciation day thing, even though he vowed '**** will change' THAT offseason.
    </div>

He is talking about Thaddeus....

5. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">A.F. Venom Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What do you mean how he is treating fans? King has done nothing besides draft since the whole blown up fan appreciation day thing, even though he vowed '**** will change' THAT offseason.

I'd be willing to trade for Yi...but I don't think a deal would look like the one you proposed...it depends how much the Bucks want for him.</div>

Alright I'm a bit confused, but I'm assuming you're talking about Billy King. I wasn't talking about how Billy King was treating the fans, but Thaddeus Young. He really seems to be a good person off the court, and he really seems like he's willing to give back to the fans by letting them pick his number, etc. The city is going to love the kid soon enough.

6. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I wouldnt give up Miller just yet.

He is a major part in helping these young guys evolve by getting them the ball in the right spots to give them more confidence when hitting the shots in the right spots.

does that make sense? lol

You know what i mean. [​IMG]

7. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Alright I'm a bit confused, but I'm assuming you're talking about Billy King. I wasn't talking about how Billy King was treating the fans, but Thaddeus Young. He really seems to be a good person off the court, and he really seems like he's willing to give back to the fans by letting them pick his number, etc. The city is going to love the kid soon enough.</div>
    My fault Bill...I thought you were talking about our scrub for a GM Billy. [​IMG]

8. Total_76ers_Fan

Total_76ers_Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Hmm, I would love to, without giving up Thaddeus and Smith if possible. Having two Legit 7'0 footers on the perimeter, plus casual post play would give us an intertangible that we haven't seen much, if any of in the NBA. That'd be nice, and to have an explosive young man like Thaddeus join that type of attack, if we don't win games, at least we'll know it's not out of a lack there of offense [​IMG]