Snubs

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Philly_Freak93, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

i think that brian westbrook is the biggest snub in the pro bowl

he is in top 5 of the league in TDs, 11(12 total), second in the league in YPC, 2nd in PR yards, and in a 3 back rotation that has over 500 yards. thats hard to do.

Def. a SNUB, this years steve mcnair who was the snub last year

2. td4td

td4td Fearless ****** of Orange Crush

The biggest snub in the AFC has to be Al Wilson, he is the heart and soul of the Broncos D and he is doing everything possible to keep of these youngs guys together!

3. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>DAWK_VADER wrote:

i think that brian westbrook is the biggest snub in the pro bowl

he is in top 5 of the league in TDs, 11(12 total), second in the league in YPC, 2nd in PR yards, and in a 3 back rotation that has over 500 yards. thats hard to do.

Def. a SNUB, this years steve mcnair who was the snub last year
    </div>

DV - I dont think Westbrook is quite getting his due accolades, but I don't know that he should be a lock for the Pro Bowl. He is certainly putting up decent numbers in a 3 back rotation. However, IMO if he is Pro Bowl caliber then he should be the one and only feature back. Until then, I will be reserved about calling him a PB player. Case in point.... Troy Hambrick. Great yards per carry coming in as a third down back, but now that he is the feature back, it is coming a little harder. That is exactly why Reid is doing it this way....it works. No, I am not comparing Hambrick and Westbrook. Regardless, Westbrook is turning some heads this year.

I'll put my two cents in for the four Cowboys picks as well. Flozell Adams and Roy Williams deserved it. Larry Allen and La'Roi Glover did now -- they just made it because of their names, which is common in this voting game. I thought maybe Nyguen could have made it, but I can't say that he should have been picked over what was there. Richie Anderson might have had a shot too.

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

LaDainian Tomlinson should have made the Pro Bowl. He's leading the NFL with 2,011 yards on a really bad Chargers team. The kid busts his butt even though he has no hope of making the post season. I had him on my fantasy football team and he was great for me. He should be going to Honolulu.

5. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I think Tomlinson deserved in before Portis. Portis is a great player, but had a chunk of his stats in one game. Tomlinson did it week in and week out. There can be an arguement for both, but I think I'd give it to Ladainian.

6. td4td

Are you already trying to start a fight SF...LOL

I would have accepted any other reason for LT instead of Portis, but to say LT should get in because Portis got a chunk of his stats in one game is really kind of.... well, how should I put this and not get banned from this web sight... DUMB...LOL

That's like saying other players shouldn't get in because they played easier teams to get their stats.

Oh wait how about this one... Montana shouldn't be regarded as one of the greatest QB's of all time because he had the unfair advantage of playing on superior 49er teams. Or how about this one... Marino shouldn't get any credit for all his stats in 1984 because Duper and Clayton really did all the work.

Shall I keep on going or do you want to rethink your reason for LT instead of Portis in the Pro Bowl?

7. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

71, Reid likes rotating players, and westbrook is well the greatest college player ever in temrs of TOTAL yards. look it up,

LT was a big bust, i didnt know he wasnt in it when i posted thiss but so was hasselbeck, i think that ike reese (our SP captain) was a snub considering he made some huge plays this year, but after his bad MNG i can understand

8. Steelerfan_2005

Ok, I just deleted my post. Portis has the better numbers overall and they are significant. I didn't realize just how many more rushing yards and TD's he had. He certainly deserves his spot in the probowl. Happy TD? [​IMG]

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Did Feidler make it. No. really. He should have? Ha ha.

10. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Jay Fiedler in the Pro Bowl?!?!? ohmygosh! Ha! Ha! Ha! Are you kidding me? The NFL should take back his Offensive Player of the Week honor, for the Cowboys game, after his miserable showing against the Patriots and Eagles. I have as good a chance of making the Pro Bowl as Jay Fiedler does.

11. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>td4td wrote:

Oh wait how about this one... Montana shouldn't be regarded as one of the greatest QB's of all time because he had the unfair advantage of playing on superior 49er teams.</div>

Well TD, I do remember one 55-10 drumming of the Broncos amongst those Bowls! [​IMG]

12. td4td

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>kcgsc wrote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>td4td wrote:

Oh wait how about this one... Montana shouldn't be regarded as one of the greatest QB's of all time because he had the unfair advantage of playing on superior 49er teams.</div>

Well TD, I do remember one 55-10 drumming of the Broncos amongst those Bowls! [​IMG]
    </div>

You're missing the point kcgsc, that shouldn't count because Montana got to play with a better team...LOL

But since you feel like strolling down memory lane, I seem to remember a certain 14-10 first round loss you guys suffered the last time you won the AFC West. Bring back any memories kcgsc? [​IMG]

13. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

You guys wanna talk snubs. The fact that the patriots only had 2 probowlers is a snub and the RAVENS had 8!!! thats just crazy talk. Rodney Harrison got the snub because he just isn't a popular player. Also Matt Light (LT) or Andruzzi (G) should have made it but they weren't as big of snubs as harrison. I think Teddy bruschi got snubbed as well. This will prove to be the driving force that propells the Pats to the superbowl. Talk about major bulletin board material.

Dawk as for westbrook I'll give you he has been making plays but in a league filled with great running backs he never had a chance being in a comitte approach. He is never running tired and that alone is a huge advantage and a possible reason for his high YPC.

14. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Please explain that Westbrook got all those yards at a Div-1AA school, against Div.1AA opponents, which doesnt mean crap now thats in the NFL...To say that Westbrook was snubbed for the Pro Bowl is complete lunacy, the guy is the 18th leading rushing in the NFC...thats right, 18 guys in the conference ran for more, he has less than a 1000 yards from scrimmage, and he doesnt qualify as a returner because hes only returned 23 kicks and 18 punts....the guys a nice player, but hes not a pro bowler...and if your gonna say that the reason he doenst have more is because Andy Ried likes to rotate the backs, I argue that if one of the backs stood out, he would make them the primary starter...case in point-Duce Staley had over 1000 yards twice under Reid when he was the feature back....my snub of the year award goes to Matt Hasslebeck, who should be there in Favre's place!

15. Steelerfan_2005

Great points Beef. I have to agree Dawk. Westbrook could be their back of the future and definitely played well this season, but not well enough to deserve to make the probowl. They don't vote on potential, but overall statistical success.

Matt Hasselbeck did get the shaft, but next year he could very well be there at the top.

16. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>TheBeef wrote:

Please explain that Westbrook got all those yards at a Div-1AA school, against Div.1AA opponents, which doesnt mean crap now thats in the NFL...To say that Westbrook was snubbed for the Pro Bowl is complete lunacy, the guy is the 18th leading rushing in the NFC...thats right, 18 guys in the conference ran for more, he has less than a 1000 yards from scrimmage, and he doesnt qualify as a returner because hes only returned 23 kicks and 18 punts....the guys a nice player, but hes not a pro bowler...and if your gonna say that the reason he doenst have more is because Andy Ried likes to rotate the backs, I argue that if one of the backs stood out, he would make them the primary starter...case in point-Duce Staley had over 1000 yards twice under Reid when he was the feature back....my snub of the year award goes to Matt Hasslebeck, who should be there in Favre's place!
    </div>

Exactly the point I was trying to make Beef. You just did it much better than I did. Thanks.

17. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pats37 wrote:

You guys wanna talk snubs. The fact that the patriots only had 2 probowlers is a snub and the RAVENS had 8!!! thats just crazy talk. Rodney Harrison got the snub because he just isn't a popular player. Also Matt Light (LT) or Andruzzi (G) should have made it but they weren't as big of snubs as harrison. I think Teddy bruschi got snubbed as well. This will prove to be the driving force that propells the Pats to the superbowl. Talk about major bulletin board material.
    </div>

Pats, this isn't as bad as you think. I can see your point, but just like they get introduced as a team...they play like a team. This reminds me of the early 90s Cowboys team (the first one that won the Superbowl). They had the #1 defense, won the Superbowl, and I'm not sure if they had any Probowlers. When you play such a good team defense, it is hard for any one person to stand out on the team.

That said, I think there were a few Patriots that were deserving. For example, I think Tom Brady had a pretty good year too. However, I can't say that you can take any of the 3 that made the team off of the list. You could probably add Kitna to the list too. Harrison should have probably made it. Bruschi may deserve it too, but I can't say he makes the list over who is already there.

As a whole, I would say the AFC looks pretty good. The NFC has a few too many "popular" names that made it, but it isn't bad either.

18. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Its a great compliment to the Patriots that they win as much as they do without Pro Bowl players(not saying they arent worthy, but they didnt get picked)...For a team that plays like they do, bulliten board material is not relivent, they need no other motivation then what they get looking at the other guys in the huddle....they have become the model orginazation for all professional sports, and they got there as a unit....lesser teams squabble over Pro Bowls(like the Wanny complaining that J. Taylor got snubbed, or the Raiders complainng that thier punter got screwed), not the Patriots, thier too busy winning

19. Steelerfan_2005

I think alot of the credit has to go to Belicheck & his staff. Teams that do it as a unit usually do so under the coaching of some type of guru and in this instance, he's a defensive guru. The team should get credit, but the Coaches get my vote for MVP.

20. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Definitely Harrison is the biggest since he leads the NFL in takles as a safety and it's not like he is making these takles 10 yards down field. We have only had 1 team (Den) not player run for 100 yards on us and he has been a big part of that.

Another huge Snub Is Tyrone Poole. We do not have Ty law following the best receiver around the field and Poole is the reason why. He has 48 tackles 6 int's and is tied for the lead in breakups with 21. He has one more pick than law and 1 more pass defended. He should have made it over McAllister without a doubt. But he doesn't line up on the same field as Ray Lewis so he isn't an automatic Probowler.

It's such bullshit. I will not argue Tom Brady because he has had a couple horrible games in Washinton and Buffalo and the Quality in the AFC at the postion is very good.

Your right though Cowboy it isn't that bad because they are a TEAM and always play that way.