Politics So he's not racist huh??

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by dviss1, Nov 27, 2017.

1. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I remember. I don't think it has changed all that much.

I got reported to HR dept. and taken to task for inappropriate behavior once. I put my hand on this young womans shoulder during a discussion. I had habit of doing such sometimes with the guys too.

Well, I had hired about 40 or so women over the recent years then and they came to my aid in mass. So it passed. It was also exacerbated because I had been to her apartment and she had put that in emails. The thing is, she hosted a going away party for one of the people in her apartment so when I attended, I was invited and I entered with maybe 8,9 other people. She failed to mentions any of this in the emails. I alway sort of wondered what was up with this shit? Never did find out. She was fired for performance 4 or 5 month later.

rasheedfan2005 likes this.
  2. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

So what if I called it a gender slur and he didn't, are you trying to create some kind of argument in your head between us? I have a different opinion than him, what's your point? The word bitch has been used to describe female prostitutes. It can be used as a slur just like "boy" can be used as a slur... i.e. someone you can dominate.

Chris Craig likes this.
  3. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I don't call him a midget. I call him lil bitch and he calls me big bitch. He calls another fat guy at work elephant.

I said that the way I did because it just happened and I love the guy like he's a brother. He's a friend. If Spud can call her friend bitch why can't I call him a midget?

Cippy91 likes this.
  4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

For all the sexual harassment that does happen in the work place, false claims like those are fucked up. If she would have said that made her feel uncomfortable I am sure you would have been apoligetic and not done so again. I try to be very careful and mindful so there is no mistake, no behavior that can even be construed as harrasment. Such complaints can end a career. If someone is truly being harassed they should report it, but they should be mindful too...if something makes you uncomfortable say it...

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  5. bodyman5000 and 1

The N word was used for worse than calling prostitutes something. Yet it is ok for black guys to use any way they see fit (what you need to realize is that it doesn't bother me if they do)

You keep referring to how things CAN be used but white guys don't get the leeway.

We just joke with each other about not being able to say certain things and laugh at the hypocrites that do the same shit over and over.

My point and I'll say it once more and be done with it.....

Logically your argument doesn't hold water and I accepted that long ago. I just think you should have realized it by now and just admit that you lefties just won't tolerate us saying certain things.

Now, if I could get the Right Wing morons to drop the holier than thou Christian anti abortion, family values garbage (while they're all going to bisexual orgies most likely) THEN WE'D HAVE SOMETHING.

BonesJones likes this.
  6. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

Unfortunately people will make false accusations to save their butts sometimes. And believe me, you could put your hand on my shoulder and I'd never think twice but I can't predict how another person is going to respond. I sit by a guy who used to be a physical therapist and we were just talking about this yesterday. He was saying he and his co-workers would adjust each other's backs all the time but he would never do it where we work now!

7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Because its at work....if your work has rules against you can't say it. What you do on your own time is up to you. Does your have rules against those kinds of language

8. bodyman5000 and 1

You pick a body shop over 5 years old anywhere in the country and I'll go work there. I'll call someone a bitch and get fired.

In retaliation I'll call OSHA and get them a nice little 50 thousand dollar fine. A razor blade on the floor is a grand.

That isn't even the point anyway, the point was about intent and context.

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Like my mother? Her and I have talked about how my father verbally abused her many many times and yes she says it hurt worse than physical harm, but she has also said it shouldnt be that way. She should be tougher and stand up to the verbal abuse or just leave it.
    It was her choice to stay and continue to be abused and she has fully admitted that though it was wrong, she enabled it by not being tougher and letting the words eat at her.

Secondly, I used pussified because you used the word boy. trying to show you how much of a hypocrite you are.
    You have all these issues with words, but yet many posts I've read you on here belittle many others. Of which you wont have a comment on, like usual....
    So to me, I think it is best to first look within yourself and how you behave before condemning others behavior...(especially when you are doing the same thing....)

But this boy doesn't care, so neither should you. ;)

BonesJones likes this.
  10. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

It's not about logically arguing, it's about what is reality in 2017... you have the right to use any word you want, in any context you want, at any time you want... but like it or not, there are repercussions. If you want to yell out the N word in the middle of a Blazer huddle during a time out that's your right as an American. But I don't think anyone is going to care if you didn't think it was a racial slur in your mind when you said it. You're going to get (and deserve) an emotional and unpleasant response from some people.

11. bodyman5000 and 1

You got me. I just want approval to say the Nword at a Blazer game. I was trying to get you to give me permission but you're too smart.

Cippy91, Orion Bailey and Spud147 like this.
  12. Spud147

Spud147 Mercy Mercy

Great, something we can agree on. It's a start.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  13. bodyman5000 and 1

I have a question. Why is it that women never remember anything they say during an argument but remember everything their opponent in the argument has ever done wrong?

14. Chris Craig

Or to get attention

15. Chris Craig

Oh they remember

16. bodyman5000 and 1

Look, I don't wanna say the N word. However, when I listen to Public Enemy and sing along I have to be careful.

The entire argument here was whether Pocahontas is always a racial slur as Trump said it. Some said it isn't, some said anyone saying it and it is a slur and some said for known racists like Trump it is a slur because of his history.

I also took exception to the premise of the thread being new information on Trumps racist tendencies if you will.

Back to the bitches... I've won one argument with my wife in 17 years. She can't remember which switch controls the ceiling fan but sure as shit on October 15th 2008 she knows what I did, what I was wearing and what she had for breakfast that day.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. Chris Craig

Trump used pocahontas as a slur

18. bodyman5000 and 1

This reminds me. Outside I feel like it is almost 1984 Big Brother time.

At work in the body shop it is more like 1980.

19. bodyman5000 and 1

He used it as a way to demean a political enemy. Who he thinks isn't a Native American.......no need to rehash this.

I know the subject of the thread. Like I said before, it was like someone using a new accusation against Harvey Weinstein as if it were some Earth shattering revelation. It isn't.

BonesJones likes this.
  20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Exactly. I call my wife my babe. baby, baby girl.
    Context.

Same as above. :)

NOw this is hilarious... and sooo true!!! Pisses me off sooo bad......

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.