So the packers are preparing...

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by tko51, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Smiling ear to ear? You're acting like this is a playoff game... (If the Packers were up 27-7, I'd be smiling too, so I guess I'll lay off...) [​IMG]

The Bills look really good. They're going to do well this year.

The Packers, on the other hand, are answering some questions and raising some others. The last 2 pre-season games are going to be very interesting.

Some observations...

Will Whitticker neutralized Sam Adams. As soon as Whitticker came out of the game, Adams ran roughshod over the offensive line. He's locked up a starting spot on the line.

B.J. Sander had another good night of punting. Looks like taking him in the 3rd round last year might not go down in history as one of the stupidest draft picks ever.

Other than one big run, the Packers first string run defense looked better than they did against San Diego. Second and third string run defense, however, has been horrible.

Penalties are killing the Packers. Penalties took a Safety and a turnover off the board. Gotta cut down on the mental mistakes.

Special teams have been solid since Bonamego arrived in Green Bay. I don't know why they look like a girl scout troupe tonight. They'd better fix that fast or the defense won't have a chance this year.

Ugly game, to be sure. But some questions are being answered...

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>a proven back like Willis</div>

I'm sorry what has Willis proven?

He hasn't proven he's worthy of the hype hes received let alone any tangible accolades

3. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know, I'm getting all my info from a Bills board.</div>

Inaccurate or spun info from Bills board? Gee. I'm shocked. [​IMG]

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

4th quarter
    The offensive line looked horrible. Nall was getting beat around all quarter long. The Bills ran in a TD. A nice run to. The defense didn't look bad or good during the quarter. The specail teams coverage is awful. The Packers didn't play that good at all. Bills 27 Packers 7. Only preseason but when Favre went out it all went down hill.

5. tko51

tko51 nfl-*****s member

shut up already.

this thread doesn't concern you.

You don't believe me, watch ESPN News, and look at the newspapers tomorrow.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Answers.

Nick Collins and Whittaker both seem to have locked up starting guard jobs.

The defense looked ok considering every time the Bills scored a TD they started at our own 30. Special Teams played horrible. The coverage team was awful. We didn't get any good returns outside of a decent one by Fergy. BJ Sander looked good.

Rodgers didn't play much better. He made some nice runs but bad throws all day long. He is gonna need some work yet.

Michael Hawkins looked decent. He gave up a pass or 2 but was right there for the tackle. I think he was a late round gem for us as well and is gonna be better than Ahmad Carroll.

Note I think B.J. Sander lead the team in special teams tackles. I am dead serious.

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'>shut up already.

You don't believe me, watch ESPN News, and look at the newspapers tomorrow.</div>

That makes you look good. This is a public thread.

8. Pack Attack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Note I think B.J. Sander lead the team in special teams tackles. I am dead serious.</div>

I was going to say the same thing! And Longwell had to make a tackle, too! Great night for the kickers! [​IMG]

9. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>B.J. Sander had another good night of punting. Looks like taking him in the 3rd round last year might not go down in history as one of the stupidest draft picks ever.</div>

The jets taking Nugent in the 2nd could go down as the most idiotic. Who does Terry Bradway think he is? Al Davis? [​IMG]

10. tko51

tko51 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'>shut up already.

You don't believe me, watch ESPN News, and look at the newspapers tomorrow.</div>

That makes you look good. This is a public thread.</div>

That was directed at the dullphins fan who's just mad because Willis's coming out party was against Miami the first time we played them last season.

Like it or not, Willis is gonna be a premiere back in this league BA - DEAL WITH IT!

11. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Willis is much more proven than whomever the Chargers were running against us last week.

12. Pack Attack

Alright, guys... Group hug! Let's all be friends and play nice... [​IMG]

13. tko51

tko51 nfl-*****s member

You're joking right?

Asking a Bills fan and a Dolphins fan to work out their differences is like asking them to not do their job which they happen to love.

Not gonna happen.

14. FLORIDA PACKER

come Bills vs Dolphins time I can see some very "Interesting" conversing occuring, lol!

15. Pack Attack

Just like after Packers/Vikings games...

16. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Can anyone say preason?

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'>shut up already.

That was directed at the dullphins fan who's just mad because Willis's coming out party was against Miami the first time we played them last season.

Like it or not, Willis is gonna be a premiere back in this league BA - DEAL WITH IT!</div>

I no you were talking to him but telling him to shut up and say this thread doesn't concern you is kind of harsh since it's a public thread. I understand you hate the dolphins. But hate the game not the playa. [​IMG] [​IMG] :cheesey:

18. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

LOSERS

Just because Aaron Rodgers slipped down to the Packers, don't think they're looked at as a team that came out of the NFL Draft as a winner. (Mike Roemer / Associated Press)

1. Green Bay: There is no question that new GM Ted Thompson went building for the future with the first-round selection of Cal QB Aaron Rodgers while most competitors thought Bethune-Cookman CB Nick Collins was a reach in the second round. They also took a failed Arena League player in Michael Hawkins of Oklahoma. They saved themselves with solid picks in the sixth round with UCLA WR Craig Bragg and Texas A&M DT Mike Montgomery. Texas A&M WR Terence Murphy was called an underachiever by his coaching staff.

It will be interesting to see how low-key, workaholic Brett Favre and the talkative Rodgers get along in training camp.

19. FLORIDA PACKER

Wow that was totally unbiased! Hawkins has lit it up in training camp as has Collins, Just wait till we play Youse guys and your QB(whom ever it is!) sees what Collins and Hawkins can do, granted they are rookies and will make mistakes but they are extremely talented, just ask the Ravens about Collins who were gonna take him with their next pick if we hadn't, and I believe they know a thing or two about defense.

20. tko51

tko51 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tko51)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Like it or not, Willis is gonna be a premiere back in this league BA - DEAL WITH IT!</div>

I no you were talking to him but telling him to shut up and say this thread doesn't concern you is kind of harsh since it's a public thread. I understand you hate the dolphins. But hate the game not the playa. [​IMG] [​IMG] :cheesey:</div>

I don't hate the game at all. Especially with how fast Losman is progressing and our excellent D, and our Special teams (yeah, I know I've said it all on here at least a hundred times - but you guys got a taste of our special teams and I know none of you are gonna disagree on that bit). yeah, it's a public thread, but that's all dolphins seem to know how to do is be homers - 'Willis hasn't proven crap' let's see exactly what Willis has proven so far - let's see 13 TDs was pretty damn impressive for only being our featured back for 11 games, 1,128 yards rushing in only 11 games is damn impressive too - even moreso when you take into consideration that he pulled it off when defenses were stacking the box to try to stop him - and guess what? HE STILL DID GOOD.

Given the direction that Buffalo is going, if I were you and I had high blood pressure, I wouldn't watch any football at all this year - you might have a heart-attack.