So who starts at SG? Who is the backup?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by EGame, Apr 24, 2010.

1. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

First of all great win! We may not win the series, but any wins for the experience and learning process is good! Major props to Aldridge for answering the call tonight, but I don't want to see him regress in the next game, keep being agressive!

With that said this is a question of who starts at the 2 and who is the backup. It is hard, but I think for at least the next game we should ease Roy in as he still isn't 100% and we should start Bayless. However, if Roy feels fine perhaps we should go with him and then Bayless can back up both the PG and SG (which he should, at this point Rudy should be near done playing). What are your guys' thoughs on this?

2. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

If Roy feels he can start and play starter minutes, then start him. If he thinks he can only play limited minutes to be effective, bring him off of the bench so he's available at the end of the game.

3. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

What about backup? Should Rudy get another audition at back up if Roy starts or is it now Bayless' to lose essentially? Bayless may not be a PG (though had some nice assists today), but he seems to be pretty good at SG.

4. BGrantFan

BGrantFan Suspended

Bayless should either start, or if not, he should be first guard off of the bench. Rudy should practice waving towels next to Pendergraph.

5. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

I think the reason we keep Bayless around is because Rudy seems to be a rental. But anyway; yeah you go with what worked, right? Bayless and Miller did good early, and Roy wasn't gassed at the end of the game because he didn't start. I think you go with that next game.