So Who's On the Blazers?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Jun 28, 2007.

1. amador08

amador08 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Ed! Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Is Francis really that bad now? I thought he just sucked in NY because they have like 4 scoring PG's.</div>

yup thats what I was thinking.

2. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

He isn't that bad, but he would probably halt the development of Portland's young point guards, and he wouldn't bring Portland a lot more wins as a starter than Jarret Jack. If he had a smaller contract, Portland would probably keep him as a talented 6th man, but his contract is way too big for a role player so they'll probably do the reasonable thing and buy him out. If they release him, his contract is still on their cap, and I don't think there's a team in the league that wants/needs Francis right now.

3. amador08

amador08 JBB JustBBall Member

Good point kobimel now i better understand the situation! [​IMG]

4. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

CAN I PLEASE HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR WHAT ALL THIS DARIUS MILES STARTING SF TALK IS!?

The dude is a cancer for our team. We're probably gonna ship him off for Malik Rose. He also gained 40-50 pounds of fat in the season he didn't play. He's done in Portland. He may be working out in the facility or whatever, but that means nothing. Do any of you follow the Trail Blazers? Does anyone know who Darius Miles is? Come on people.

Martell Webster or Travis Outlaw will start in my opinion. There is a darkhorse chance that Ime Udoka will be back to contend his spot as the starter. Seeing as he was the most consistent player all season long last year for the Blazers. Then again there is the whole unnamed trade Pritchard discussed. Rumors for James Jones and Shawn Marion could come in and shake up the whole thing, as well as Rashard Lewis as a possibility.

But please, please get this Darius Miles starting SF bullshit out of here.

5. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Darius Miles is the lone Jail Blazer in there..[​IMG]</div>

He would've been gone but his contract is enormous. I see LaMarcus Aldridge starting over Frye. That team is gonna look good in 3-4 years. I think they just need a good PG. Steve Francis will be bought out.

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

In Hollinger's chat on ESPN's SportNation today he mentioned how Miles has gained a lot of weight, out of shape and that the Blazers are awaitng for him to announce his retirement so they can move on. Not the guy I would trust for that last bit of info, but Miles has really dug himself into a hole.

PG: Jack/Rodriguez/Green
    SG: Roy/Jones/Udoka
    SF: Outlaw(if re-signed)/Webster/Udoka
    PF: Aldridge/McRoberts/Frye
    -C: Oden/Frye/Pryzbilla/Lafrentz

There's been rumblings of Koponen and Fernandez staying overseas for another season. McMillan also mentioned Green will have to "wow" them to get on the squad.

7. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">hapnnsas Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">CAN I PLEASE HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR WHAT ALL THIS DARIUS MILES STARTING SF TALK IS!?

The dude is a cancer for our team. We're probably gonna ship him off for Malik Rose. He also gained 40-50 pounds of fat in the season he didn't play. He's done in Portland. He may be working out in the facility or whatever, but that means nothing. Do any of you follow the Trail Blazers? Does anyone know who Darius Miles is? Come on people.

Martell Webster or Travis Outlaw will start in my opinion. There is a darkhorse chance that Ime Udoka will be back to contend his spot as the starter. Seeing as he was the most consistent player all season long last year for the Blazers. Then again there is the whole unnamed trade Pritchard discussed. Rumors for James Jones and Shawn Marion could come in and shake up the whole thing, as well as Rashard Lewis as a possibility.

But please, please get this Darius Miles starting SF bullshit out of here.</div>

[​IMG]

I think I might shed a tear of joy if/when it gets officially announced that he retires.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

A lot of hate for Darius Miles. Last time I remember following him was in 2006 and he was averaging something like 18/7/2 before he was injured.

Who could the Blazers ship him out for if he is overpaid, fat, out of shape, and a cancer?

9. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

waive him or something

And if u think about it...the outcome of the Zach Trade isn't finish yet since we waived Francis so who ever we sign is actually who we traded for

10. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Who could the Blazers ship him out for if he is overpaid, fat, out of shape, and a cancer?</div>

I don't know, but it sounds like he'd fit right in with your Knicks.

Either way, I like the quote in Run BJM's sig about Hollinger -

"I'd let Hollinger do my taxes, but I wouldn't let him run my basketball team." - Adam Lauridsen, SJ Mercury News

With that said, who's taking his word that Miles is out of shape? Has the guy ever touched a basketball in his life? He's just a statistics geek and nothing more.