Soccer WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'England' started by bringiton, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    In football, soccer players kick field goals and are generally the smallest guys out there.</p>

Here's a soccer player who played football, in action:</p>

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="425" height="350"><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WywrHaOffFk" /><param name="width" value="425" /><param name="height" value="350" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WywrHaOffFk" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> </p>

2. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man, I could really go for a chocolate covered burger now...</div>

</p>

Hmmm sounds Finger lickin' Good. I'll wait for the Lawsuit on that one lol.</p>

Ever tried a Beattered Mars Bar. A local delicacy Up north of England. Thank god i live in the south lol </p>

</div></p>

</p>

We don't even get Mars Bars here, they are Milky Ways. I'd love to to try one, though, they are delicious. </p>

</p></div>

Milkyways and Mars Bars are different</p>

3. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man, I could really go for a chocolate covered burger now...</div>

</p>

Hmmm sounds Finger lickin' Good. I'll wait for the Lawsuit on that one lol.</p>

Ever tried a Beattered Mars Bar. A local delicacy Up north of England. Thank god i live in the south lol </p></div>

The battered Mars bars are in Scotland and not northern England.</p>

Max set up a poll for soccerv football. If football wins they'll have to rename there shitty sport.</p>

4. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Max set up a poll for soccer v football. If football wins they'll have to rename there shitty sport.</p>

</div></p>

That actually sounds like a good idea, although we'd get out voted because there are more people who call it "soccer" instead of Football. </p>

</p>

5. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolf UK)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Max set up a poll for soccer v football. If football wins they'll have to rename there shitty sport.</p>

</div></p>

That actually sounds like a good idea, although we'd get out voted because there are more people who call it "soccer" instead of Football. </p>

</p>

</div></p>

The site contains predominantly north american sports content and our users do know "football" to mean NFL and arena and college american style football. It'd be very confusing to have football twice on the pulldown menus, though we could change the word "soccer" to "football" in other places. In the sportsticker content, we wouldn't change it - whatever they write is whatever they write, and we're not allowed to alter it per our agreement with them.</p>

</p>

</p>

6. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

I think if its a predominant American website,then "SOCCER" fits it best, since "FOOTBALL" in america is another physical contactsport. I really dont have a problem with it, I will keep calling it Football in my comments. No reason to get cheeky about it bringiton.

7. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

I agree, although I do refer to it as football there are plenty of popular football sites out there that call it soccer (e.g. Soccernet, BigSoccer etc.)</p>

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Global *********

Was only a matter of time Bronco really but it is football on this side of the pond

9. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

It's called football/futbol/ fuBballeverywhere else except USA and Oz. And some of the ozzies call it football.

10. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Yes! The Brits are here! We're one step closer to having a Rugby forum!

11. The 12th Man

The 12th Man DYC Im Cantona i go as i want

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes! The Brits are here! We're one step closer to having a Rugby forum!</div> </p>

theyre not all brits. There was a number of Australians but they left when they heard of the news that we're merging with an american based site.</p>

</p>

12. HeadCase

I wouldn't go that far mate [​IMG]

13. downunderwonder

downunderwonder You have now entered area 51!

This is really stupid. The fact that some have got so angry over the name. What are you like 5?</p>

If you dont like the name go to another forum. Simple.</p>

14. HeadCase

Thanks for the warm welcome there mate!

15. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Downunderwonder)</div><div class='quotemain'>

This is really stupid. The fact that some have got so angry over the name. What are you like 5?</p>

If you dont like the name go to another forum. Simple.</p></div>

Thats a bit harsh seeing as only one guy got in a mood and your Stereotyping all of us. Also you tell us to go to another forum well we are part of this forum now ok. Like it or Lump it.</p>

16. HeadCase

Well said Max

17. Y2Kyle

Y2Kyle DYC This is Anfield

If you dont like the name go to another forum. Simple. </p></div>

It's quite funny that, cause if we renamed that shit sport to PuffsInPadBall you would go crazy. Well changing the name of football to soccer over here is the exact same thing you tard'. Grow up. </p>

18. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

The stupid yanks don't understand football and need something like American football and Basketball which are high scoring because they have such short attention spans and need to whoop every so often to make sure they still breath.I mean Basketball wtf, whoever wins the tip off wins the game.</p>

Anyway just change their football to NFL! (Not For Literates)</p>

19. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'>

The stupid yanks don't understand football and need something like American football and Basketball which are high scoring because they have such short attention spans and need to whoop every so often to make sure they still breath.I mean Basketball wtf, whoever wins the tip off wins the game.</p>

Anyway just change their football to NFL! (Not For Literates)</p>

</div></p>

So, I'm stupid? I have a short attention span? Talk about stereotyping.</p>

You guys are over-reacting. A solution will be reached. Stop acting like 4 year olds.</p>

</p>

20. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

If you dont like the name go to another forum. Simple. </p>

</div></p>

We're not interested in chasing people off to go to some other forum. The fellas (and gals) from dyc are very welcome here.</p>

As far as the term "soccer" vs. "football" goes, as near as I can tell, the word "soccer" appears only a small number of places on the site and we do have to distinguish between the two in as fair a way as possible to fans of both sports. </p>

We delayed moving dyc to the S2 platform for weeks just so we could really have a lot of nice features that we hope its members would appreciate. Things like standings and scoreboards and forums and game threads and schedules and news for the number of leagues we cover (so far).</p>

Football to fans of NFL or other american style games do not have another term or name for the sport. I encourage you all to call "soccer" "football" in all your posts and so on. </p>