Soccer WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'England' started by bringiton, Aug 30, 2007.

1. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Downunderwonder)</div><div class='quotemain'>

This is really stupid. The fact that some have got so angry over the name. What are you like 5?</p>

If you dont like the name go to another forum. Simple. </p>

</div></p>

We're not interested in chasing people off to go to some other forum. The fellas (and gals) from dyc are very welcome here.</p>

As far as the term "soccer" vs. "football" goes, as near as I can tell, the word "soccer" appears only a small number of places on the site and we do have to distinguish between the two in as fair a way as possible to fans of both sports. </p>

We delayed moving dyc to the S2 platform for weeks just so we could really have a lot of nice features that we hope its members would appreciate. Things like standings and scoreboards and forums and game threads and schedules and news for the number of leagues we cover (so far).</p>

Football to fans of NFL or other american style games do not have another term or name for the sport. I encourage you all to call "soccer" "football" in all your posts and so on. </p>

</div> </p>

Nicely rounded up Denny. Chances are most NFL fans aren't going to go into the Football Forums and Vice Versa. So lets just leave it at that shall we?</p>

</p>

2. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Yeah, well, get this.</p>

My team, Toronto FC play in the national soccer stadium.</p>

Dispite the confusion, we still enjoy the team and the sport.</p>

3. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

I know this topic gets people fired up... but its like pushing shit up a hill... the Americans will never stop calling their sport football and the English will never stop calling their sport football. Just accept it, and accept the way this site is structured. Its just a name on a top menu.

4. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Yeah, stubborn Americans versus stoic, yet stubborn British. Let the games begin. </p>

All Aussie, Irish, Scots meet me and my fellow Canucks at the pub. We'll toast to being so darn great.</p>

5. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

I see sense as prevailed. Now lets get rid of these stupid yanks...........only joking

6. downunderwonder

downunderwonder You have now entered area 51!

For the Record I am a Aston Villa fan, prefer Rugby League to NFL and dont care either way. Being australian its soccer in my country too, which after living in London the last 5 months is slightly confusing but hey whatever.</p>

My comments were 'ghoti-style' sarcasm but none of you got it. Sigh. Whatever. I think the terms 'NFL' and or 'Pigskin' would work, conversely 'futebol' also. This thread however is largely lame, and remember ALL OF YOU that Denny works his tail off around here and needs to be respected as such.</p>

We are all here for the same reason, the love of sport. Hopefully Bronco92&acute;s comments will be remembered (even if he is a queenslander). I dont care if they call it the 'English Premier League of I love lamp', I'll still be in Villa colours. Peeeeace. </p>

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

This seems like a silly argument, but I think I have a solution....who ever won the Revolutionary War gets to decide which one is "football"....

8. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

lol well the Symbols on the tags have cleared it up now. Let's leave it at that now shall we

9. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>This seems like a silly argument, but I think I have a solution....who ever won the Revolutionary War gets to decide which one is "football"....</div>

No lets have who can shoot the least allies.</p>

10. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    How about the guys with the most money and biggest guns wins?</p>

</p>

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

whoever has the most carrier battlegroups wins in reallife, maybe we should use that....CVBG FTW

12. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Downunderwonder)</div><div class='quotemain'>

For the Record I am a Aston Villa fan, prefer Rugby League to NFL</p></div>

</p>

League!? Boooo! Union! I'm sick of all these downunderwonders coming on this board trying to claim that true rugby is anything but union! Rarrr!!!! </p>

In all honesty, being a guy from the states, I've come to love rugby union but can't tell the difference between union and league. From what I can tell the jersies are different. Can you help me out?</p>

</p>

(I know its off topic but I don't have a rugby forum to post it in so...)</p>

13. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Do it in the S2 general forum. I too like Rugby and my favorite team is France.

14. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane)</div><div class='quotemain'>

How about the guys with the most money and biggest guns wins?</p>

</p></div>

</p>

Most money? That would be Chelsea FC's owner.</p>

-Petey</p>

15. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Stupid argument to begin with, Americans, stick to your "Soccer" and Europeans,Aussies,Ect, Stick to your "Football", respect every nations way of describing the beautiful game called Football,Futbol,Soccer,ect, get over it ppl.

16. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

3 things1. Actually Aussies call it soccer aswell.2. WOOHOO! They changed it.3. Kyle and bringiton work well together.</p>

17. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

finaly it has being changed to the proper name