Sonics Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by odde23, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Fact. Losing JJ and AD won't affect that, and from all accounts Bobby was right in the thick of any sort of fun, while Nate was quite stand-offish and serious. Brunson is also a terrific locker room guy, while Luke and Nick will take on bigger leadership roles.

FF - We will finish above Dwane's Wolves and Nate's Blazers in the NW?

2. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. Losing JJ and AD won't affect that, and from all accounts Bobby was right in the thick of any sort of fun, while Nate was quite stand-offish and serious. Brunson is also a terrific locker room guy, while Luke and Nick will take on bigger leadership roles.

FF - We will finish above Dwane's Wolves and Nate's Blazers in the NW?</div>

FACT--As I already said I think we will win the division and I honestly think Denver might be the biggest competition for that. Although Minnesota is somewhat of a wild card. I expect the Blazers on the other hand to finish the season between 20-30 wins.

F or F---Ray Allens shot attempts goes up while his % goes down this year.

3. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">F or F---Ray Allens shot attempts goes up while his % goes down this year.</div>

Fiction. # of shots won't go up, and I doubt his % goes down.

FoF, the Sonics match Damien Wilkins deal, figuring while they could replace him for cheaper, he is a solid insurance policy if Vlad signs the QO and with the interest he has generated should be able to be moved in the next couple of years regardless.

4. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting M_Cage89:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. # of shots won't go up, and I doubt his % goes down.

FoF, the Sonics match Damien Wilkins deal, figuring while they could replace him for cheaper, he is a solid insurance policy if Vlad signs the QO and with the interest he has generated should be able to be moved in the next couple of years regardless.</div>

Fiction. Hes on his way out.

F or F---Are starting lineup on opening night is the same as it is at the midway pt of the season and in the playoffs (not counting minor injuries)

5. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fiction. I think Fortson or Evans will start at PF to begin the season, but Collison will earn it eventually.

Fact or fiction: The Sonics can't play run and gun like they want because there are no true finishers on the roster.

6. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or fiction: The Sonics can't play run and gun like they want because there are no true finishers on the roster.</div>

Fact. It is going to be more like run and shoot and shoot and shoot. Without a super athletic flusher of any kind on the roster at all most of our shots will be jumpers.

FoF, Pots will absolutly be, without a doubt, the starter at the beginning of the season if he is healthy.

7. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Odde24:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. It is going to be more like run and shoot and shoot and shoot. Without a super athletic flusher of any kind on the roster at all most of our shots will be jumpers.

FoF, Pots will absolutly be, without a doubt, the starter at the beginning of the season if he is healthy.</div>

Fact. Even if Swift outplays Pot I dont think they will want to put the pressure on Swift. Petro has no chance at being healthy and Fortson wont be considered. Its just an automatic. This is of course with the assumption that we dont add another center of course.

F or f---Rashard Lewis sits out 6 or more games with "minor" injuries this season

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Fact. Rashard will miss the odd game here and there with tendinitis anyway, and I don't think his shoulder ever healed properly.

F/F - Now that Nate is gone and he'll likely be available for the minimum, management will pursue Cal Booth just to have a shotblocking presence on the roster?

9. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Fact (just for fun [​IMG]): like I said in some other thread, he's capable of spot minutes and clogging the middle, I think. Ah the days of the 2 headed monster - JJ and Cal...

F or F: Flip and Ray learn to co-exist and blossom into an unstoppable 1-2 punch in the backcourt.

10. M_Cage89

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">F or F: Flip and Ray learn to co-exist and blossom into an unstoppable 1-2 punch in the backcourt.</div>

Fiction. So far Flip hasn't shown he has the ability to run anything but a clearout - he'll need to learn if he's going to get much floor time with Ray.

FoF, Weiss coaches the length of his contract without being fired

(just for fun...FoF, Craig Ehlo spends all summer speaking in front of a mirror and turns into Calabro's best sidekick yet)

11. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting M_Cage89:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. So far Flip hasn't shown he has the ability to run anything but a clearout - he'll need to learn if he's going to get much floor time with Ray.

FoF, Weiss coaches the length of his contract without being fired

(just for fun...FoF, Craig Ehlo spends all summer speaking in front of a mirror and turns into Calabro's best sidekick yet)</div>

Fiction. My heart is cheerin for Weiss but my head says hes not going to make it.

Fiction. Ehlo seems like a nice guy but he just isnt much of a commentator.

12. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Just to get this going again...

Fact or Fiction: There will be big changes next off season since our core will be under contract for quite some time. (Meaning is Rick Sund satisfied with this group of players staying together for the next three years?)

13. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">Just to get this going again...

Fact or Fiction: There will be big changes next off season since our core will be under contract for quite some time. (Meaning is Rick Sund satisfied with this group of players staying together for the next three years?)</div>

Apologies on not adding a fact or fiction on my last thread. Guess answering 2 questions I thought I did lol. Anyways...

Fiction. Small changes next season too...i think Sund will be fairly satisfied this season.

14. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">Just to get this going again...

Fact or Fiction: There will be big changes next off season since our core will be under contract for quite some time. (Meaning is Rick Sund satisfied with this group of players staying together for the next three years?)</div>

Sorry guys about leavin off a question last time..I answered two ForF's so I guess in my simple head I thought I had done it. Anyways....

Fiction. The team will continue with this same core for the next several years without anything major

ForF---ESPN has us ranked 20th or worse to start the season.

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Fiction - We'll be somewhere between 12 and 20, which is low enough to satisfy Stein's disdain for us, but high enough to respect the fact we almost took the Spurs to seven games in the second round.

F/F - The team will be under the same ownership in three years time.

16. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction - We'll be somewhere between 12 and 20, which is low enough to satisfy Stein's disdain for us, but high enough to respect the fact we almost took the Spurs to seven games in the second round.

F/F - The team will be under the same ownership in three years time.</div>

Fact.....it will be closer to 5 yrs I think.

ForF---if Flip Murray resigns he has a fairly CONSISTENT role in the rotation.

17. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fact, but that doesn't mean the role will be significant.

Fact or fiction? The Sonics contend for an NBA Finals appearance in the next five years.

18. M_Cage89

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or fiction? The Sonics contend for an NBA Finals appearance in the next five years.</div>

Fiction, they win a single second round playoff series, but are considered more of a darkhorse than contender come playoff time - team that no one wants to play.

FoF, Ray Allen plays all five years of his recent contract for the Sonics.

19. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

Fact. He is the face of the sonics now. He will leave for a contender when his contract is up after failing to get an extention.

F/F Tre Simmons makes the roster and plays some minutes from time to time.

20. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: I think we match Damien's deal, which means we either don't sign Tre or he gets no minutes.

ForF: Ridnour has a breakout year, say ~15-8, under Weiss's free-wheeling, up-tempo, high-octane offense. He also adds another 10lbs of muscle and improves his bench press to 185lbs.

PS ForF: We do get a new and improved Ehlo next year, as he adds 'shamaladingdong' and 'Woo-hoo' to his broadcasting vocabulary to compliment his signature 'Unbelievable'.