Sonics Fans Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Dec 1, 2003.

1. grumpyd

grumpyd JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey all,

Any Sonics fans are welcome to leave their details here, it's always interesting to see who's a fan, and a few details about themselves. So if you're a dedicated fan, live in the Seattle area or even just like the way the team plays, feel free to leave your details here [​IMG]</div>

How long have you been a fan? 36 years!

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s) was Bones Barry, now too early to tell, maybe ray allen

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)? fred brown--a true shooting artist

Favourite Sonics moment this season? trading away booth!

Favourite Sonics moment alltime? winning the 1979 championship

Predictions for this season? lottery time again!

peace!

2. Mr. Sonic

Mr. Sonic JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? Since I was born (14 years, yeah I'm young but I know my basketball, Espcially the sonics)

Favorite current sonic. Flip Murray, he has that killer instinct.

Favourite all-tine Sonic. Nate McMillan, what a great team player and leader, my game is very similar to his.

Favourite Sonics moment this seaon. Last Season, Shard Dropping 50. Offseason, trading Booth.

Favourite All-Time moment. Winning the title in 79', even though I wasn't even alive back then.

Predictions for this year. 39-43, no playoffs. Allen won't resign.

can't wait for the season to start.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Great to have you around Mr Sonic, hope you stick by and contribute to the forum!

4. The Tigress

The Tigress JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? Ever since around 6th grade. (1996-97)

Favorite current sonic. Flip Murray, he has that killer instinct.

Favourite all-tine Sonic. Gary Payton

Favourite Sonics moment this seaon. Last Season, The first game against GP and the Lakers. The game where Ray Allen scored the winning basket.

Favourite All-Time moment. the 2000 playoffs vs the Jazz when GP posted a triple-double and got into Karl Malone's head, causing Malone to get ejected. Then GP hit a 3 right as the final buzzer goes off when the game had already been decided. (Sonics won)

Predictions for this year. 38-44. No playoffs, Allen gets traded.

5. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Tigress:</div><div class="quote_post">

Favourite All-Time moment. the 2000 playoffs vs the Jazz when GP posted a triple-double and got into Karl Malone's head, causing Malone to get ejected. Then GP hit a 3 right as the final buzzer goes off when the game had already been decided. (Sonics won)
    </div>
    I remember that. That defined Payton as a true leader and one of the best players in the game to me.

6. The Tigress

The Tigress JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard:</div><div class="quote_post">I remember that. That defined Payton as a true leader and one of the best players in the game to me.</div>

Yeah, that was such a great game. I really miss having Seattle in good playoff games like that. Looks like we have a long wait to see more games like that with our inept management.

7. SonicExplosion

SonicExplosion JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? For 10 + years I've been a Sonics guru.

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s)? Lewis is my currrent fav but Collins is working hard on winning that 'fav player' title.

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)? Nate McMillian baby!

Favourite Sonics moment this season? Went to opening night vs the Clips. TERRIBLE game but it was great to making the first game of the season.

Favourite Sonics moment alltime? Has to be when we played Chicago in the finals in the late 90's.

Predictions for this season? Hate to say it, but it's a rebuilding year for us. We're a young team that will make a splash next year.

Go Sonics!

8. Dr. J

Dr. J JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan?

I have been a fan of the Sonics ever since I was born.

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s)?

My Favorite players on the Sonics would be Ray Allen and Luke Ridnour

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)?

Nate McMillian by far.

Favourite Sonics moment this season?

My favorite Sonics moment is when we beat The Spurs in San Antonio.

Favourite Sonics moment alltime?

Winning the Champoinship in 1979.

Predictions for this season?

I think that the Sonics will make it to the playoffs but not quite the Championship but there is still more season left.

9. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Welcome aboard Dr. J, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Great avatar, too.

10. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? 1995 season

Who's your current favorite Sonic(s) Reggie Evans/Dominique Wilkins (what?)

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)? Detlef Schrempf/Bones/GP until he went sour

Favourite Sonics moment this season? The Texas two step. Spurs & Mavs back to back.

Hersey Hawkins used to hit buzzer beaters all the freakin time.

2nd round, but it would be quite a series between Pho and Sea wouldn't it?

Favorite Line-up?
    GP/Hawk/Schrempf/Kemp/Big Smoove

11. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

Welcome to JBB, enjoyed your posts in the "Sonics Going to Start Choking" thread and of course like it that you have some love for Detlef.

12. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coranor:</div><div class="quote_post">Welcome to JBB, enjoyed your posts in the "Sonics Going to Start Choking" thread and of course like it that you have some love for Detlef.</div>

Thank you.

I have been posting at www.sonicscentral.com/forum for several years now, but, unfortunatly that site has dwindled down to less than five regular posters. I started looking elsewhere. When I came upon this site the first thread I saw was "Sonics Going to Start Choking". It was not a great first impression, so, the first thing I did was start jumping down peoples throats. After a little more looking around I think I will be right at home here and everybody will realize that I am not always attacking people.

Detlef is the man. Long live Detlef.

13. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

^I think you might like it here, it's not always like that, well, I hope it isn't like that in the Sonics section, I hardly visit it (was a fan of the Sonics with Detlef, Kemp and GP but haven't followed the team since then) but I guess no, this choking thread drew my attention, and when I saw your post I had to look what you posted in the Roll Call.

See you around

14. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">Thank you.

I have been posting at www.sonicscentral.com/forum for several years now, but, unfortunatly that site has dwindled down to less than five regular posters. I started looking elsewhere.</div>

I speak to Kevin Pelton, who created that site, regularly online, and while the site has dwindled, he's having a ball running the Supes' official website (which coincidentally, creating Sonics Central helped him to get the job).

We have SC in our affiliates here I think, but he's a good guy.

15. odde23

Ya we are all very prood of kev

16. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

New to JBB

New to JBB...came over since the life seems to have slowly drained out of SonicsCentral since Kevin went "pro."

Here are my answers...

How long have you been a fan?
    Since I was living in Florida watched Nate inspire some passion in the finals when the team was down and he was still hobbling from injury. Seeing him sub in and despite being injured inspire a sagging team made me realize this was a team to watch. Grew up a Celtic fan just south of Boston, never took to Shaq/Penny in Orlando, and moved to Seattle in the lockout year. Have had ticket packages since then, though I gave up my season tickets this year when I couldn't convince my 5 year old to go to the games with me. I was also frustrated with the lack of action and the loss of Barry.

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s)
    Reggie. All heart and tenacious as hell.

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)?
    wow. tough. Nate made me a fan, but I will never forgot the Glove for every amazing thing he did here.

Favourite Sonics moment this season?
    I can't even name one. I am just in overall awe at what they have done and continue to do. They are playing ball the way it should be played, focusing on the things that matter and thumbing their noses at contracts, roles, minutes and all the crap NBA players usually whine about. They are the antithesis of what the T-Wolves are this year.

A new one now...the Ray/Kobe showdown in GP's return to the Key with Ray coming through over Kobe in the last seconds. The showdown was classic one on one rivalry and the energy in the key was electrifying. You completely forgot the emotional introduction of GP by the end of the game.

Late to make predictions. I just say that they will make us proud and walk away with Coach of the Year and the 6th man award at the very least.

17. jbbjyjck5

jbbjyjck5 JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? All my life (18 years)

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s) Rashard Lewis

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)? Gary Payton

Favourite Sonics moment this season? Every Game we won. (52)

Favourite Sonics moment alltime? The Bulls vs Sonics game in the NBA Finals 97

Predictions for this season? *All the way baby*

18. sonicman

sonicman JBB JustBBall Member

How long have you been a fan? Since I follow NBA, 6 or 7 years.

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s)? Rashard Lewis

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)? Lenny Wilkens

Favourite Sonics moment this season? Comeback at Memphis, winning the division

Favourite Sonics moment alltime? This year?s beautiful run, 79 championship

Predictions for this season? Since the season and I have no clue about what?s going to happen this offseason I?ll make no predictions.

I?m a brazilian guy looking for some b-ball talk. Hi!

19. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sonicman:</div><div class="quote_post">How long have you been a fan? Since I follow NBA, 6 or 7 years.

Who's your current favourite Sonic(s)? Rashard Lewis

Who's your favourite all time Sonic(s)? Lenny Wilkens

Favourite Sonics moment this season? Comeback at Memphis, winning the division

Favourite Sonics moment alltime? This year?s beautiful run, 79 championship

Predictions for this season? Since the season and I have no clue about what?s going to happen this offseason I?ll make no predictions.

I?m a brazilian guy looking for some b-ball talk. Hi!</div>

Bem-vindo sonicman! Nice to see some southern hemisphere Sonics fans. The global base is growing!

De onde e que voce e?

20. sonicman

sonicman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting psheehy:</div><div class="quote_post">Bem-vindo sonicman! Nice to see some southern hemisphere Sonics fans. The global base is growing!

De onde e que voce e?</div>

Cool! I?m from Mogi Guacu, near Campinas.

Basketball in Brazil grows as our players get more attention.