Sonics Going to Start Choking

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Bosnian, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

If I can switch this topic to something more interesting, I want to ask you guys if you think your team will have any postseason success. I personally am not sure if your team can go far in the playoffs. Its just my opinion that teams that rely on the J too much usually struggle in the playoffs. I don't think they'll struggle in the season, but the playoffs is when these stuggling former contenders play their best.

2. Bosnian

Bosnian JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting R_ChutneY:</div><div class="quote_post">If I can switch this topic to something more interesting, I want to ask you guys if you think your team will have any postseason success. I personally am not sure if your team can go far in the playoffs. Its just my opinion that teams that rely on the J too much usually struggle in the playoffs. I don't think they'll struggle in the season, but the playoffs is when these stuggling former contenders play their best.</div>

I totally Agree

teams are going to start to figure out the sonics just like Boston did thats why the sonics have 2 losses against the Celtics

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">I totally Agree

teams are going to start to figure out the sonics just like Boston did thats why the sonics have 2 losses against the Celtics</div>

Well we're almost halfway through the season, surely someone would have figured it out by now apart from the Celtics and Clippers?

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

The regular season has nothing to do with it. I just think they don't got the depth and experience to contend with other contenders. For the record, I also don't think Phoenix will go that far in the playoffs for the same reason.

5. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, if we go 50/50 from here-on in, we're going to be playing post-season basketball.

Obviously after the start we've had, anything less than a top three seed (by winning the Northwest) will be a bit of a let down, but considering the expectations (or lack of) before the season, and how young this team is (particularly being led by a sophomore point who played sparingly last season), I would take a 5-8 seeding any day of the week. And if we don't draw homecourt, you can bet a team who does wouldn't fancy meeting us in the first round considering the shooters we can put on the floor.

Real Deal, lay off the Haterade.</div>
    If I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I would. I just thought it was kinda odd how the Sonics have lost 3 of their last 6. Big deal. The fact is the thread was based on an opinion...and if it wasn't for everyone's opinions, JBB wouldn't be where it's at today.

So if I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I could give you guys a run for your money...whether the Lakers would be involved or not...but I choose not to. I just stated a fact: the Sonics are 3-3 since Bosnian posted this...if that doesn't bother you, then so be it.

6. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">If I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I would. I just thought it was kinda odd how the Sonics have lost 3 of their last 6. Big deal. The fact is the thread was based on an opinion...and if it wasn't for everyone's opinions, JBB wouldn't be where it's at today.</div>

Doesn't really matter all that much. Especially considering how the Wolves are playing. Go look at the standings, we are the only team in the division above .500, and I think something like 9 of our next 16 are at the Key, so I'm not worried.

7. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">If I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I would. I just thought it was kinda odd how the Sonics have lost 3 of their last 6. Big deal. The fact is the thread was based on an opinion...and if it wasn't for everyone's opinions, JBB wouldn't be where it's at today.</div>

I agree. But the funny thing is how people are skewing this whole thing. NOBODY expected them to be even THINKING about the playoffs. After the start we have had it is laughable that some laker fan butts in to mention that we are a .500 ball in the last six games. That is so rediculous. We are .000 ball club in the last one game. Why don't you come by the site every loss to say that, we would appreciate that. If i where you right now I would be worrying myself to sleep over Kobes little accident last night and not what the sonics record is over the last obscure number of games.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">So if I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I could give you guys a run for your money...</div>

that's funny, I don't think you could...be my guest tough guy.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">whether the Lakers would be involved or not...but I choose not to. </div>

Oh dude. Please, Please, PLEASE. I have to hear you tell me how much better the Fakers are than the Sonics. I haven't had enough comic relief this week.
    Please?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">I just stated a fact: the Sonics are 3-3 since Bosnian posted this...if that doesn't bother you, then so be it.</div>

Nice fact guy, but, completely useless and info. Next you are going to tell us that kitty litter is crunchy. We are going to have to hold you back a grade.

8. odde23

I agree. But the funny thing is how people are skewing this whole thing. NOBODY expected them to be even THINKING about the playoffs. After the start we have had it is laughable that some laker fan butts in to mention that we are a .500 ball club in the last six games. That is so rediculous. We are .000 ball club in the last one game. Why don't you come by the site every loss to say that. We would appreciate that. If i where you right now I would be worrying myself to sleep over Kobes little accident last night and not what the sonics record is over the last obscure number of games.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">So if I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I could give you guys a run for your money...</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">whether the Lakers would be involved or not...but I choose not to. </div>

Oh dude. Please, Please, PLEASE. I have to hear you tell me how much better the Lakers are than the Sonics. I haven't had enough comic relief this week.
    Please?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">I just stated a fact: the Sonics are 3-3 since Bosnian posted this...if that doesn't bother you, then so be it.</div>

Nice fact guy, but, completely useless and lame info. Next you are going to tell us that kitty litter is crunchy.

9. odde23

I agree. But the funny thing is how people are skewing this whole thing. NOBODY expected them to be even THINKING about the playoffs. After the start we have had it is laughable that some laker fan butts in to mention that we are a .500 ball club in the last six games. That is so rediculous. We are .000 ball club in the last one game. Why don't you come by the site every loss to say that. We would appreciate that. If i where you right now I would be worrying myself to sleep over Kobes little accident last night and not what the sonics record is over the last obscure number of games.

Oh dude. Please, Please, PLEASE. I have to hear you tell me how much better the Fakers are than the Sonics. I haven't had enough comic relief this week.
    Please?

Nice fact guy, but, completely useless and lame info. Next you are going to tell us that kitty litter is crunchy.

We are going to have to contact your parents and tell them to hold you back a grade.

10. odde23

After reading your Q&A i have more respect for you as a poster than my previous tone would let on. Your "fact" is still useless and pointless.

11. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">I totally Agree

teams are going to start to figure out the sonics just like Boston did thats why the sonics have 2 losses against the Celtics</div>

One day you will post something. That something will be well thought out and actually mean something. It will provoke thought in the people that read it and those persons will have come away from that post feeling like they actually read something. Then they will will respond to you with something other than "troll" or "idiot", and you will have the respect of your peers. One day it will happen. Keep trying.

12. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Is anyone else loving this odde23 guy?

"Next you'll be telling me that kitty litter is crunchy."

[​IMG]

13. Bosnian

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">Is anyone else loving this odde23 guy?

"Next you'll be telling me that kitty litter is crunchy."

[​IMG]</div>
    ''

He Hurtin Me Soon I will go Artest on him the Harrasment needs to stop Dammit LOL

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

odde23 those are some strong statements up there!

15. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree. But the funny thing is how people are skewing this whole thing. NOBODY expected them to be even THINKING about the playoffs. After the start we have had it is laughable that some laker fan butts in to mention that we are a .500 ball club in the last six games. That is so rediculous. We are .000 ball club in the last one game. Why don't you come by the site every loss to say that. We would appreciate that. If i where you right now I would be worrying myself to sleep over Kobes little accident last night and not what the sonics record is over the last obscure number of games.</div>
    I didn't say I was worried about your record. Hell, I didn't say anything really. All I simply mentioned was how weird it was that the Sonics have lost 3 of their last 6. Get off your pedastal and welcome to the real world. You agree with what I said, but then make the lame attempt to bash my team and tell me I'm wrong? Nice.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">that's funny, I don't think you could...be my guest tough guy.</div>
    Tough guy? So you think you can sit and debate with me? Be my guest, new guy.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh dude. Please, Please, PLEASE. I have to hear you tell me how much better the Lakers are than the Sonics. I haven't had enough comic relief this week.
    Please?</div>
    What's that smell? I smell BS. Go find ANYWHERE in this thread where I said the Lakers are better than the Sonics. All I said was the debate would probably involve the Lakers, only because someone always brings them up when I post. Don't believe me? Look at your first comments.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">Nice fact guy, but, completely useless and lame info. Next you are going to tell us that kitty litter is crunchy.</div>
    What, like this useless one?
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">We are .000 ball club in the last one game</div>
    And this useless opinion?
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">NOBODY expected them to be even THINKING about the playoffs</div>
    And this unnecessary comment?
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">If i where you right now I would be worrying myself to sleep over Kobes little accident last night and not what the sonics record is over the last obscure number of games</div>
    By the way, welcome to JBB.

16. Bosnian

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't say I was worried about your record. Hell, I didn't say anything really. All I simply mentioned was how weird it was that the Sonics have lost 3 of their last 6. Get off your pedastal and welcome to the real world. You agree with what I said, but then make the lame attempt to bash my team and tell me I'm wrong? Nice.

Tough guy? So you think you can sit and debate with me? Be my guest, new guy.

What's that smell? I smell BS. Go find ANYWHERE in this thread where I said the Lakers are better than the Sonics. All I said was the debate would probably involve the Lakers, only because someone always brings them up when I post. Don't believe me? Look at your first comments.

What, like this useless one?

And this useless opinion?

And this unnecessary comment?

By the way, welcome to JBB.</div>

Thanks Real Deal now i dont feel bad anymore

Owned get on your knees and Beg Odde

Althought i will admit this thread was somewhat stupid on my part

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Let's cool it fellas. Let's remember we're only talking about a game of basketball. I have decided to lock this thread.

J/K guys I'm not even a mod. [​IMG] On the real, let's keep it on bball before someone really does [​IMG]

18. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Laker fans never cease to amaze me. A good part of why I don't post on JBB as much now, too much bias provided by some of them.

I would love to see any of you try and hate on the Sonics. In actuality the Sonics and Lakers are similar, the main difference is that while we rely on the three we are not limited to it. Brian Cook, Jumaine Jones, Chucky Atkins all rely and the three and can't do much else. Ray, Shard, and Radman can all move without the ball, and Ray can create.

Our best player is having a better year than yours, and our we are doing this with a less experienced coach, and probably a lower budget.

So yeah, you could hate on the Sonics. I guess their uniforms aren't the fanciest, or maybe you just dont like the color green. Larry Bird might say we don't have enough white guys (this is not to be taken seriously). Or maybe you could hate on the fact that we disrespected Gary Payton.......oh wait that would be hypocritical, Laker groupies.

19. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">All I said was the debate would probably involve the Lakers, only because someone always brings them up when I post. Don't believe me? Look at your first comments.</div>
    Well, when all that you post in the Sonics' forum is negative comments about them, you have to expect people to comment on your team as well.

Newton's 3rd Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

20. jbbReal Deal

Wow, AGAIN.

Let me try and make this high school level for everyone to understand: I'm not hating on the Sonics. If I was hating on the Sonics, you'd know it. All I did was simply mention the Sonics' record and how odd it was to see them losing 3 out of their last 6 (which is actually a compliment, because it is odd) and then everyone throws the Lakers into the mix.

Laker groupies, ooook...how about Sonic groupies? Or Bobcat groupies? Wow.

"Our player is better than yours! Our record is better! We are better!"

Discuss your problems to someone else, if all you guys can do is stick the Lakers into your replies to try and justify your comments. This is getting old.

And Shard, if I wanted to dig through my posts, I could find where I did mention good, positive things about the Sonics. I thought it was great for the Sonics to be winning...I personally know Nick Collison, and I wanted to see him succeed...but for one, the Sonics aren't perfect (no team is). So there are going to be negatives. Two...I hardly post in this thread...but my first posts were actually positives, that is...until the great Sonics fans mocked my quote in my sig.

Nice quote in your post at the end. Think about it.