Sonics Going to Start Choking

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Bosnian, Jan 1, 2005.

1. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't say I was worried about your record. Hell, I didn't say anything really.</div>

My point exactly

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">All I simply mentioned was how weird it was that the Sonics have lost 3 of their last 6. Get off your pedastal and welcome to the real world. You agree with what I said, but then make the lame attempt to bash my team and tell me I'm wrong? Nice.</div>

I agree with, "The fact is the thread was based on an opinion...and if it wasn't for everyone's opinions, JBB wouldn't be where it's at today."

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">Tough guy? So you think you can sit and debate with me? Be my guest, new guy.</div>

ok. start the dreaded "Sonic hating"

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">What's that smell? I smell BS. Go find ANYWHERE in this thread where I said the Lakers are better than the Sonics. All I said was the debate would probably involve the Lakers, only because someone always brings them up when I post. Don't believe me? Look at your first comments.</div>

OK, tell me how you are going to do your "Sonic hating", involving the Lakers without saying the Lakers are better. What are you going to say? That our team sucks but they are better than yours?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">What, like this useless one?</div>
    "Originally Posted by odde23
    We are .000 ball club in the last one game"

thats a good one. take my example of how useless your comment was and call it useless. move to the front of the class.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">And this useless opinion?</div>

Read the preseason rankings at SI, Sporting News, and USA today.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">And this unnecessary comment?</div>

That was out of line. Poor sportsmanship. Uncalled for and unnecessary. Sorry.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">By the way, welcome to JBB.</div>

Thank You. Enjoying it.

2. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">
    So if I wanted to hate on the Sonics, I could give you guys a run for your money...whether the Lakers would be involved or not...but I choose not to. </div>

I get it now. You could, but, you won't, because you can't. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

3. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">ok. start the dreaded "Sonic hating"</div>
    So I say something about a debate, and suddenly it's Sonic hating? Figures.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">OK, tell me how you are going to do your "Sonic hating", involving the Lakers without saying the Lakers are better. What are you going to say? That our team sucks but they are better than yours?</div>
    How about because everytime I post in this forum, someone else brings up the Lakers, no matter what? In other words, the Lakers will be involved and it's not because of me. You haven't been here long enough to know it.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">"Originally Posted by odde23
    We are .000 ball club in the last one game"

thats a good one. take my example of how useless your comment was and call it useless. move to the front of the class.

Read the preseason rankings at SI, Sporting News, and USA today.</div>
    The preseason rankings...okay. I did read them and I did see that the Sonics were at the bottom of the charts. That doesn't mean everyone predicted it. I'm sure alot of Sonic fans had high hopes for this team at the beginning.

And stating a fact about the Sonics being 3-3 in their last 6 games was not a useless comment...that is, unless that bothers you. Just something I thought everyone would think about since the thread was created on the 1st of January, but I guess some Sonic fans are bitter about going .500 so far in January. It's the NBA...it happens. Ask the predicted top West team, the Wolves.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">I get it now. You could, but, you won't, because you can't. Sorry for the misunderstanding.</div>
    I surely can...if anyone can, it's me.

Come on guys, let's talk about that other West team now. [​IMG]

4. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">So I say something about a debate, and suddenly it's Sonic hating? Figures.</div>

Read back. That is how it started.
    Other than that there is nothing to debate. Were cool. This thread is played out. I will come over and talk about the Lakers with you whenever you like. Unfortunatly my least favorite player (and yours) has moved on and so laker hating is not one of my top priorities these days.

I'm a fan of Odom, Mihm, Butler, and have alot of respect for Kobe's game so there really isn't much to debate on that spectrum. We could talk about Kermit Washington vs. Rudy T. I guess.

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Good Job guys [​IMG]

6. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">Read back. That is how it started.
    Other than that there is nothing to debate. Were cool. This thread is played out. I will come over and talk about the Lakers with you whenever you like. Unfortunatly my least favorite player (and yours) has moved on and so laker hating is not one of my top priorities these days.

I'm a fan of Odom, Mihm, Butler, and have alot of respect for Kobe's game so there really isn't much to debate on that spectrum. We could talk about Kermit Washington vs. Rudy T. I guess.</div>
    Fair enough. Opinions are important...but I just figured it was an odd situation being the given circumstances, with the Sonics losing 3/6...that's all. I've already had a debate about the Sonics anyways, more about fans complaining...simply stating that you really don't have anything to complain about with a record like you have.

I went through years where I used the term "haterade" and even used it during the championship seasons...but it happens now as well. It happens with every team, really...unless you're the Bobcats or the Hawks right now.

7. TheNextJordan8

TheNextJordan8 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Laker fans never cease to amaze me. A good part of why I don't post on JBB as much now, too much bias provided by some of them.

I would love to see any of you try and hate on the Sonics. In actuality the Sonics and Lakers are similar, the main difference is that while we rely on the three we are not limited to it. Brian Cook, Jumaine Jones, Chucky Atkins all rely and the three and can't do much else. Ray, Shard, and Radman can all move without the ball, and Ray can create.

Our best player is having a better year than yours, and our we are doing this with a less experienced coach, and probably a lower budget.

So yeah, you could hate on the Sonics. I guess their uniforms aren't the fanciest, or maybe you just dont like the color green. Larry Bird might say we don't have enough white guys (this is not to be taken seriously). Or maybe you could hate on the fact that we disrespected Gary Payton.......oh wait that would be hypocritical, Laker groupies.</div>

^^ Lmao your best player is having a better year than ours?? Lmao [​IMG]

8. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheNextJordan8:</div><div class="quote_post">^^ Lmao your best player is having a better year than ours?? Lmao [​IMG]</div>

Um, let's see here. His team is winning more games. I get the joke. It's funny because...uh...wait...I don't get. Why don't you Lyoa all the way back to loserland from which you came. This thread was finally starting to chill out.

9. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheNextJordan8:</div><div class="quote_post">^^ Lmao your best player is having a better year than ours?? Lmao [​IMG]</div>
    As soon as you're done laughing your ass off, make sure you let us all know why it's so funny. Explain to us why the thought of Ray Allen having a better season than Kobe Bryant is so hilarious. We would appreciate that.

But for some reason I don't think you will, that would require you to post more than one sentence and a smilie.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

What I didn't understand, Real, is why you'd come into this thread and say "Well, since he started this thread, the Sonics are 3-3" or words to that effect. Why would you say that? Is going .500 suddenly choking? Is a 41-41 season a choke job?

I don't really see the point of that comment in the first place, unless you were implying that Seattle are starting to choke. And if not, what was the point of posting that?

Anyway I'm going to lock this thread, as the last post by TheNextJordan8 pretty much says that there isn't anything more to be said.