Sources: Carmelo Anthony leaning toward leaving Knicks; Bulls, Rockets in contention

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Denny Crane, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Re: Sources: Carmelo Anthony leaning toward leaving Knicks; Bulls, Rockets in content

Whiff!

Almost as good as the phone and cobwebs.

Getting Gasol would at least be a foul tip.

2. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Re: Sources: Carmelo Anthony leaning toward leaving Knicks; Bulls, Rockets in content

Do the Bulls' front office failed attempts to improve the team make you happy or is it just my imagination?

3. transplant

4. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

No. I would have truly celebrated getting Melo or Love or any elite player not past his prime.

I liked K4E's joke.

You realize if we sign Pau, we effectively traded Lu for him. I liked the deal back when, and now.

5. transplant

If you're happy, I'm happy.

6. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  7. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

There was an alternate universe here — Chicago, for less money, for a chance to become Olympic Melo for nine months per year. He would have been flanked by Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Doug McDermott, Nikola Mirotic, Kirk Hinrich and a top-five coach (Tom Thibodeau). He would have found his 2011 Mavs. He would have played on a 60-win team, been the crunch-time guy on a title favorite, reminded everyone how terrific he was over and over again. Thirty years from now, long after he has retired and hopefully spent his more than $300 million nest egg wisely, Carmelo will be sitting on the porch of one of his nine houses, nursing a drink, staring out at an ocean and thinking about the unknown. Should he have picked Chicago? How much money is enough money? What’s the price of peace? What would it have been worth to know — to really, truly know? Was he good enough? Could he have gotten there? Did he have it in him?

Instead, he’ll have to settle for people like me: the ones maintaining that he WAS good enough, only it’s an opinion and not a fact. In A Bronx Tale, Sonny famously tells Calogero that “the saddest thing in life is wasted talent.” Well, what happens if you didn’t waste your talent, but it kind of got wasted anyway? Welcome to Carmelo Anthony’s world. What if, what if, what if.

Read more http://grantland.com/features/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-legacy/

8. TomBoerwinkle#1

TomBoerwinkle#1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Whether it is management or player.

9. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

That's fine. Really good players make $100M-$200M over their careers. JR makes $55M a season and another $billion or two in asset appreciation of the team.

I side with the players.

10. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley

Obviously.