Sources: Carmelo Anthony leaning toward leaving Knicks; Bulls, Rockets in contention

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Denny Crane, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Re: Sources: Carmelo Anthony leaning toward leaving Knicks; Bulls, Rockets in content

What do your german insiders have to say about it?

2. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Re: Sources: Carmelo Anthony leaning toward leaving Knicks; Bulls, Rockets in content

Every published report I've read lately has said that Anthony is leaving the Knicks. Houston and Chicago are the frontrunners for Anthony's services. If you've decided that there's no way Anthony is coming to Chicago, you're dismissing the NBA media.

Yeah, me too.

3. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

If we go on past history, only if Melo were the 4th or 5th best FA on the market would we have a shot at him. That's how we got our best FA ever - boozer.

Even so, we didn't get our other choice of FAs - Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and Joe Johnson. The Knicks chose Amare, Warriors chose Lee. Over Boozer, that is.

But they really should send in Benny the Bull so they can claim they pulled out all the stops.

truebluefan likes this.
  4. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Do you know one? I'm not.

I can only wait...and see what happens.

5. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Chicago Bulls nothing is set in stone but everyone I talk to seems to think Carmelo Anthony is going to the Bulls.

Twitter: Mike Greenberg/ESPN

6. truebluefan

Chris Webber says: "If I'm Melo, I'm definitely not going to Chicago."

New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony: Chris Webber says: "If I'm Melo, I'm definitely not going to Chicago."

"If I'm Melo, I'm definitely not going to Chicago," Webber, a former NBA star and current TV analyst, said Wednesday on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" on ESPN Radio. "That's just not the place to go. When D-Rose was healthy, they had terrible offense. [Coach Tom] Thibodeau is a great, great coach, but offensively you have to have an offensive-minded coach as well, someone who can adapt like a [Spurs coach Gregg] Popovich, who uses talent and not just harps on them that we're going to play hard every night. Everybody can play hard every night, but can you play with the IQ, can you play with smarts every night?"

Read more http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/19471/webber-carmelo-shouldnt-go-to-bulls

7. truebluefan

New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony all you hear throughout the league is he's seriously considering joining the Bulls. My understanding still is if they strike out, they'll amnesty Boozer, use cap space on depth.

Interview: K.C. Johnson/@TheBullsZone

8. truebluefan

Audio: "Chicago Bulls are the frontrunners for Carmelo Anthony lets get that straight. Smart players stay in the Eastern Conference. Anthony fits extremely well in Chicago. Chicago Bulls are best place for Carmelo. I expect that he ends up with the Bulls."

Skip to 0:51

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=11108846

9. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

Bulls' mouthpieces making it look like management is really trying.

It's Plan B that's not going to be so good.

10. transplant

Past history? There was Ben Wallace in 2006 and there was Boozer in 2010. Wallace was generally considered to be the top FA in 2006. In 2010, Boozer was clearly behind James, Wade and Bosh. Stoudemire, Boozer and Lee each had his proponents. I kinda liked Lee and I wanted nothing to do with Stoudemire.

11. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls

12. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

Remember TMac? Wade? Bosh? LeBron?

Ben Wallace was the only FA in his class who'd earn more than MLE, no?

13. transplant

TMac was Krause and a true doormat team...ancient history. I mentioned all of Wade, James and Bosh by name, so yes, I remember them.

As for B.Wallace, you made a statement that past history has the Bulls getting the FA leftovers. This was the case in 2010, but not the time before, that's all I wanted to point out. No doubt about it, 2010 was a historically strong FA offseason and 2006 wasn't. Interestingly, due to all the player options that hit this offseason, the summer of 2014 could be as strong as 2010 or maybe even weaker than 2006.

14. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

TMac was The Chairman. The one constant.

15. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

Who else wanted Wallace ?

16. transplant

Detroit, but the Bulls overpaid, which is inherent in signing FAs.

17. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

Like the Bulls wanted Lu.

18. transplant

By God, we agree twice in one day! Yes, exactly like the Bulls wanted Luol Deng. The Pistons offered Wallace 4 years for $48mil, telling him that was their best and final offer. That was damn good money, but the Bulls went 4 years for something like $60mil (the cheap bastards!). The Bulls offered Deng 3 years for $30mil. That's damn good money, but it was neither what Deng and his agent had in mind nor did they much like the "take-it-or-leave-it" nature of the deal.

Now I suspect that you believe that in both these cases the incumbent team was praying that the player rejected their offer, but neither offer was exactly an insult...many feel that Deng will be unable to match that 3/$30mil the Bulls offered him.

19. Denny Crane

Never lost a case

I don't think either team wanted the player. They offered enough to be able to say they made an effort, even if it was a token one. The offer to both were insulting ones.

How would you like a pay cut?

20. truebluefan

Via David Schuster on Facebook

Sources out of NY say that Phil Jackson is now ready to sign and trade Carmello Anthony, with the Bulls the front runner as a trade partner. Stay tuned

Supposedly Boozer is included in current talks

https://www.facebook.com/david.schuster.188