SPRINT SHOWDOWN May 20

Discussion in 'Racing' started by truebluefan, Apr 13, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 05-20-16
  1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

7:00 PM ET
    Charlotte Motor Speedway FS1

2. truebluefan

Rain washes out all track activity Friday for All-Star weekend

Rain washed out all track activity Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway, which will now try to cram its All-Star weekend into one day.

The steady showers forced NASCAR to call off the scheduled Sprint Showdown, a race that will send five drivers not already qualified for the All-Star race into the main event. The Truck Series race also was postponed.

Read more http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...-all-star-weekend-rain-washes-sprint-showdown

3. truebluefan

LARSON: 'I HAD TO DO WHAT I HAD TO DO' IN SHOWDOWN

Kyle Larson shoehorned his way into the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race by whatever means necessary, making a full-contact lean on Chase Elliott's fenders on the last lap of Saturday's Sprint Showdown preliminary.

Did the contact cross the line of sportsmanship? Maybe not, with both drivers deeming it a compulsory evil with the checkered flag in sight and a chance at a $1 million payday in the Sprint All-Star Race up for grabs.

In the end, both drivers won out by transferring into Saturday night's main event, but through different methods. Larson snatched one of three transfer spots available to segment winners, joining Roush Fenway Racing's Trevor Bayne (first segment) and Greg Biffle (second segment) in the non-points invitational. Elliott claimed his berth by winning the Sprint Fan Vote. Danica Patrick finished runner-up in the fan vote to fill the 20-car field.

read more http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...1/sprint-showdown-results-charlotte-2016.html