Spurs 87 @ Cavaliers 89

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by redscoon, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Skywzrd

Skywzrd JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Q Rich3:</div><div class="quote_post">WOW...The Cavs will make the play offs....holy crap I did not see this win coming...great win for you guys.</div>

Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?!

LOL, j/k. Believe me, we're just as happy as you are shocked [​IMG]

2. cavaliersfan25

cavaliersfan25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Skywzrd:</div><div class="quote_post">This win was huge, in the standings and as a confidence booster, both. Btw, are you the same CF25 from ESPN?</div>

Yeah, I've defected from Cuba. It's nice to be on a board that is moderated, and actually has educated b-ball fans.

3. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, I expected us to wilt under the pressure late in the 4th. I didn't foresee Battie and Mcinnis coming up huge.

That was definitely a playoff atmosphere and we hung tough with one of the best teams in the game. We are so much better off in crunch time when we have a healthy Battie in there.

Hopefully, we can build off of this win and take one against NY on Sunday. They are getting beat up on by the Jazz so they will be fired up.

4. cavaliersfan25

A nationally telivised game on a Sunday afternoon at MSG..........I know a certain 19 year old that will be ready to shine.

5. Skywzrd

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">I sure it is. He was p!sse over on ESPN so I told him to come over.

5 minutes later................

Time to work on CBBI, BlkMagic,JDailey, LADawg!</div>I can think of a few I'd like to leave behind as well [​IMG]

6. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

Cavs fans, do me a favor and call a win for your team every game. You jinxed my Spurs. As for the Spurs, why have Hedo and Ginobili on the floor at the same time? Hedo can't catch, and Ginobili is unorthodox. He had drop 21, though.

And please, please, PLEASE, someone buyout or trade Malik Rose in the offseason. The only thing he's good for is free throw shooting, and I still don't want him out there for that.

Good win for the Cavs, though. Taking advantage of the sixth game on the road trip.

7. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I can't stress how big Batman and Jazzy Jeff were tonight. Z had some huge shots, and even though he did not shoot well, Wagner looked to take it to the hole every single time he touched it, we ened more of that from everyone.

Box Score

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

This is why the Spurs were trying to trade Malik Rose so badly lol

Not a good confidence booster heading into the spurs game @ Wolves on sunday huh.

9. Skywzrd

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cavaliersfan25:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I've defected from Cuba. It's nice to be on a board that is moderated, and actually has educated b-ball fans.</div>
    El Duque, is that really you?! LOL

Hell, if only ESPN did half the policing Castro does, it'd be a halfway decent place over there.

10. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Skywzrd:</div><div class="quote_post">I can think of a few I'd like to leave behind as well [​IMG]</div>

How long do you guys think it'll take before Yizee shows up and starts bashing Lebron here?

11. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

Its amazing what this team can do with a bit of point guard play, an aggressive and efficient James, utilising Z as a target and hustling on D. Add to that Boozer played awful, Wagner stunk again and we still won. We can be good. But its a process, but we are taking steps. Its frustrating how some of those steps are baby ones!

12. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">How long do you guys think it'll take before Yizee shows up and starts bashing Lebron here?</div>

Hell, he may already be banned, amazing Bron haters came to this site only to try and piss off Cavs fans.

They were shown the door very quickly.

We don't play with trolls here, sometimes we milk them just for fun, then ban them after we are bored, ha.

13. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">How long do you guys think it'll take before Yizee shows up and starts bashing Lebron here?</div>

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH Red!

Dont wake him.

CBBI may be having a look over here. :thumbsup:

This was a pleasant board to post at tonight. Very refreshing!

Nice job King on this forum! :thumbsup:

14. cavaliersfan25

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">Its amazing what this team can do with a bit of point guard play, an aggressive and efficient James, utilising Z as a target and hustling on D. Add to that Boozer played awful, Wagner stunk again and we still won. We can be good. But its a process, but we are taking steps. Its frustrating how some of those steps are baby ones!</div>

Yeah, this team still has a ways to go. But this team has improved markably since the trades w/ Boston and Portland. If they continue to progress, everything should fall into place.

15. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">CBBI may be having a look over here. :thumbsup:

This was a pleasant board to post at tonight. Very refreshing!

Nice job King on this forum! :thumbsup:</div>

Would be awesome to get CBBI over here.

Thanks for the pub bro, I have worked so hard to get this forum where it is now, all since September. Best is yet to come, trust me.

16. KarmaCav

Some nice results around the league!

Toronto lose to NJ
    Washington go down to Indy
    Knicks smashed by Utah at home. LOL LOL LOL
    Kings beating the Bulls
    And hopefully 76's go down at Lakers.

Unfortunately the Heat won! You get that when you play the Hawks!

17. jbbKing James

Cleveland 89, San Antonio 87

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In the final minute, it was the Cleveland Cavaliers who looked like a veteran team and the San Antonio Spurs who made novice mistakes.

Rookie LeBron James had 32 points and 11 rebounds and Zydrunas Ilgauskas added 16 and 12 as the Cavaliers came up huge down the stretch en route to an 89-87 victory over the Spurs.

San Antonio is one of the most efficient, composed teams in the NBA but committed a pair of costly turnovers in the final 20 seconds to throw away a winnable game. The Spurs had a six-game winning streak snapped after wasting their final three possessions.
    </div>

Full Story

18. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Would be awesome to get CBBI over here.

Thanks for the pub bro, I have worked so hard to get this forum where it is now, all since September. Best is yet to come, trust me.</div>

Its pretty funny though!

I remember you posting your sight all the time and generally ignoring it.

Sometimes you had posted a small review which took my interest, but mostly I skipped it just like that annoying "amazing basketball system".

But hey, all is good, and we're slowly coming round.

Those damn trolls just hurried along the process for you!

Anyway, looking forward to many happy days posting and even more glorious Cavalier victories!

19. KarmaCav

CBBI just registed.

The revolution is in full speed!

20. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">CBBI just registed.

The revolution is in full speed!</div>

Thank you Karma!

Holy crap...what has this place turned into? Cavs fans headquarters!

I am in "awe"