Spurs 87 @ Cavaliers 89

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by redscoon, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Page 6 [​IMG]

Wow i don't remember the last time a preview thread has went 6 pages. Great job redscoon. And welcome ESPN posters to a great Cavs forum.

Back on topic. Very suprising win over the defending champs tonight. It seems when LeBron is on a roll so is the whole team. I can't wait til LeBron's game peaks it's level.

2. Skywzrd

Skywzrd JBB JustBBall Member

Karma,

I have a feeling a few of the regulars will stick to ESPN. Humans are creatures of habit, and despite how irritating it is to load that board sometimes, it's still a habit. I used to smoke 2 packs of cigs a day, then quit cold turkey after developing a sinus infection. So, if it takes getting sick for me to quit something, then quitting ESPN should be a breeze.

Or a sneeze[​IMG]

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

^ I think we better get used to 6 pages of Cavs talk in our previews bro.

How in the world did Jeff McInnis hit those shots in the 4th? Just saw some highlights, they were extremely difficult shots.

4. Glen Infante

Jeff was outstanding tonight. Just like Austin said, we need our pointguard to get at least 12-15 points a game. And he did just that.

5. CBBI

CBBI JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">Jeff was outstanding tonight. Just like Austin said, we need our pointguard to get at least 12-15 points a game. And he did just that.</div>

Jeff used to make some very tough runners, floaters and jumpers from the 10-17 foot range when he was with Portland.

Hopefully he can start hitting them here around the same 45-48% clip he did in Portland.

6. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

If he can give us 10 points a night, occasionally busting out with a big one, shooting over 40%, and continuing to control the ball well, he should be kept on next year!

Now will he do that?

7. Skywzrd

Skywzrd JBB JustBBall Member

I know that keeping Andre would've meant no LeBron, but do you think this team would have a losing record if 'Dre were running the point this season? While he isn't the prototype shooter the Cavaliers need, he's the kind of scorer and distributer that would've taken this team over the top, IMO. It aggravates me, seeing one of my favorite players helping 'Melo instead of 'Bron.[​IMG]

8. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

I went to this game *my birthday present* and all I have to say is just wow. What a game! LeBron was unstoppable, McInnis was clutch and Z was great. What a great win.

9. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

When I started reading these posts, there wer 4 pages........now there's six! soon to be seven!!........WOW!

Great game, got nervous at the end. Can't wait for the Knicks........big game! Good to see everybody here!

10. Glen Infante

Awsome gift man. I bet it was great to see the Cavs beat the champs on ur b-day.

11. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

Hell yeah, happy birthday man! Was it you who I told to get laid? Or was it Norway? Either way, glad you had fun.

12. CBBI

Some Cavs Notes

The sellout of 20,562 was the Cavs' seventh this season, the club's most at Gund Arena since 1995-96.

Cleveland is averaging 17,527 fans per game -- a 66 percent increase from a year ago.

James has now scored more than 30 points nine times this season.

13. KarmaCav

To sell out after that Dallas debacle was nice!

Pat on the back to the Cavaliers faithful. And I guess to the bandwagon fans as well!

That crowd could of lifted them!

14. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">To sell out after that Dallas debacle was nice!

Pat on the back to the Cavaliers faithful. And I guess to the bandwagon fans as well!

That crowd could of lifted them!</div>

If I still lived in Cleveland.... I would be at every game no matter what their record was.

15. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CBBI:</div><div class="quote_post">If I still lived in Cleveland.... I would be at every game no matter what their record was.</div>

And I would just like to see 1 game! [​IMG]

There is always gonna be fickle fans out there!

I just hope we are creating a faithfull fanbase!!!

Not being a local I'm not completely educated here, but its a football town 1st, baseball 2nd and Cavs 3rd???????

Am I on the money???? :thumbsup:

16. Yes!AndTheFoul!

Yes!AndTheFoul! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">And I would just like to see 1 game! [​IMG]

There is always gonna be fickle fans out there!

I just hope we are creating a faithfull fanbase!!!

Not being a local I'm not completely educated here, but its a football town 1st, baseball 2nd and Cavs 3rd???????

Am I on the money???? :thumbsup:</div>

Your pretty much right on there. The Browns have always ruled Cleveland. The Cavs had their day back when Price and co were there. But they were for the most part a distant 3rd.

17. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

James scores 32 as Cavaliers dull Spurs

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron James ripped off his headband and fired it into the stands as red-and-gold confetti rained down from high above in Gund Arena.

For one night, the Cleveland Cavaliers and their fans got a taste of what the NBA postseason is like.

Now, they just have to get there.

James scored 32 points, Zydrunas Ilgauskas made a key putback in the final minute and the Cavaliers caught Tim Duncan on an off night for an 89-87 win Friday over the San Antonio Spurs.
    </div>

Full Story

18. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

What a GREAT game, thank you Cavaliers, you made my day great! [​IMG]

19. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

I thought the Cavs had a lot better chance of winning this game than they did against Dallas, but I'm truly suprised at how Mcinnis and Battie stepped up in the 4th. I've become used to the Cavs making a run to overtake the opposing team with a few minutes left, then not being able to respond when the other team starts throwing back punches of its own.

When we fell down by 6 or 7 with about 9 to go and Lebron and Z were still riding the pine, I was afraid Silas had waited too long to get some offense in. However the Cavs fought back hard and stayed with the Spurs even after the Spurs repeatedly answered our buckets down the stretch. It was refreshing to see Silas mix the rotations up a little. Thats the first non garbage time Kapono has seen in quite a while, and bringing Williams off the bench is the best thing in my opinion, even though he didn't play very well tonight. The only question that remains is, what in the hell did Kedrick Brown do to get shoved in the eternal dog house?

Lebron was a lot more aggressive in attacking the boards and getting to the hoop tonight. We have a lot better chance with him taking the majority of his shots from within 8 feet rather than 18.

Big win for the Cavs to stop the bleeding and knock of a big time foe without one of their key contributors having a good game (Boozer).

Knicks appear as though they may be coming back to earth after getting beat up on by the Jazz tonight. Sunday will be a big game for us.

Approaching 120 posts for a Cavs preview...who would have guessed that just a couple months ago? Props to KJ for being an absolute class act and for his hard work and determination to see this forum grow. Also, thanks a ton to all the recently converted ESPN posters that have livened things up around here considerably. Great things are coming here...

20. CBBI

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Approaching 120 posts for a Cavs preview...who would have guessed that just a couple months ago? Props to KJ for being an absolute class act and for his hard work and determination to see this forum grow. Also, thanks a ton to all the recently converted ESPN posters that have livened things up around here considerably. Great things are coming here...</div>

I have to admit.

This board is serious quality.

I prefer this one over the Insiders board because that particular board seems to have a problem with people disagreeing with the mods.

Plus this board has me.... which is enough to make it legendary.

[​IMG]