Rumor SPURS TO TRADE LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE TO PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS, DEMAR DEROZAN TO MIAMI HEAT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Phatguysrule, Sep 1, 2020.

1. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I don't hold any ill will towards the guy. His mom was battling cancer and he wanted to go home. Pop & Duncan gave him the big Spurs pitch. People change their minds for a lot of reasons.

2. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    He did have 5 blocks in the first LAL playoff game. The season, on the whole, was not his shining career year .

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

sure seems like Olshey is convinces Zach is the PFOTF. It took Olshey 7 seasons to give up on Meyers, It's unlikely he'll give up on Zach after 3. I just back after 10 days gone to the high desert so I haven't read this thread, but I'd assume that people have pointed out how hard it would be for the Blazers to absorb LMA's 24M salary next off-season; and they can't trade Whiteside now unless they extend him...and it's hard for me to believe the Spurs want Whiteside anyway

4. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I never had a doubt that he was leaving. I would have been shocked if he'd stayed.

riverman likes this.
  5. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Agreed. Exactly how I feel. I'm not at all interested in giving up equivalent value because I know how much of an unknown his commitment and drive can be.

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I got the impression he was done playing with Nico...done playing next to Jared Jeffries and JJ Hickson types ...at one point he told the media he'd love to play with Paul Millsap...Rolo second half of that last season wasn't the same as first half...I think LA was over it and sealed the deal when Wes went down...9 years was a good stretch in Portland for him...now he's stretched his legs and Portland doesn't seem so bad after all.