Spurs @ Warriors 11/27

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah!!! We beat the Spurs!!! I will be riding high until we get our asses beaten by Charlotte or Memphis minus Pau Gasol.

What a great team game tonight. Lots of guys getting assists without Baron Davis involved. Like Nick Van Exel, Monta Ellis had ups and downs in the same game. We played high% game against a good defensive team. Biedrins had the good kind of double double. Offensive rebounds were crucial to our team as well as swift passes and smooth handles.

Also, by some miracle, our free throw shooters actually scored like an above average team down the stretch. You know, Troy Murphy at 77% free throw leads our team. OMG.

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG]

How about the kids! I was really impressed with Biedrens defense straight up on Duncan in the 4th quarter...

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Beans just looks like Bill Russell or Mt. Mutumbo in there -- he alters almost every shot in the paint, even blocked Tim Duncan several times, tipping balls, changing shots, tipping rebounds to himself, tipping in put-back shots, forcing kick-outs and shot-clock violations -- I mean wow, this kid is for real, and he's got a humble joy for the game to boot!!

4. Warriorfansnc93

It is going to be sweet when I go to school tomorrow and hear it from the Spurs fans I was talking to tonight! I called it too. He said the Spurs are undefeated on the road and I said so was Utah, but we handed them their first loss of the season and we will hand the Spurs their first road loss...

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

^^Me too, those two blocks by Beidrins on the same possession against duncan was amazing.

6. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> I mean wow, this kid is for real, and he's got a humble joy for the game to boot!!</div>

[​IMG] you gotta love those types of players...

7. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah!!! We beat the Spurs!!! I will be riding high until we get our asses beaten by Charlotte or Memphis minus Pau Gasol.
    </div>

C'mon, CR2 -- just soak it in, enjoy it for a night. [​IMG] This win was no fluke!

8. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

How about the kids! I was really impressed with Biedrens defense straight up on Duncan in the 4th quarter...</div>

Guess who Biedrins idolizes and tries to pattern his game after?

9. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Rudeezy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^^Me too, those two blocks by Beidrins on the same possession against duncan was amazing.</div>

yup..

Its midnight and I got school at 7am. Night fellas!

10. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Impressive back-to-back wins against top 2 teams in West. Who would have thought that we would actually outscore Spurs at 4th quarter by 34-24. Biedrins (18/15/6 blk/4 ast) essentially matched Duncan (22/16/6 blk/4 ast). And, two clutch FTs from Biedrins. This guy is improving game by game. Great game by Richardson and Dunleavy as well. Richardson is slowly recovering from thie injury, and why didn't we bench Dunelavy earlier? Monta also played well at 2nd half, and Barnes also contributed with 13/7/6. Guess Nelson knows how to squeeze from everybody...

11. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">C'mon, CR2 -- just soak it in, enjoy it for a night. [​IMG] This win was no fluke!</div>

You are right, we have an 8 man rotation that basically put Murphy on the bench and Dunleavy this time around didn't suck so bad that we had to put Murphy back in for shooting. [​IMG]

12. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Would've been a blowout if not for those 3 to 4 phanton foul calls that lead to 8 Spurs points at the line.

13. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

It's all coming together there is no quiting in this years Warriors. It seems that the chemistry is great. Dunleavy of the bench = best position for Dunleavy, great boost of the bench.

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Impressive back-to-back wins against top 2 teams in West. Who would have thought that we would actually outscore Spurs at 4th quarter by 34-24. Biedrins (18/15/6 blk/4 ast) essentially matched Duncan (22/16/6 blk/4 ast). And, two clutch FTs from Biedrins. This guy is improving game by game. Great game by Richardson and Dunleavy as well. Richardson is slowly recovering from thie injury, and why didn't we bench Dunelavy earlier? Monta also played well at 2nd half, and Barnes also contributed with 13/7/6. Guess Nelson knows how to squeeze from everybody...</div>

Man I'm nuts about Biedrins! He's turning into Jermaine O'neil! All those offensive rebounds and shotblocks are awesome! And he scores! How, I've longed for an athletic defensive big guy that can also score almost from either sides of the post! Now, he needs a jump shot so we can play him at power forward [​IMG]

15. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Wow...with plenty of excuses to lose-the warriors pull it out.

Priceless

16. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Man I'm nuts about Biedrins! He's turning into Jermaine O'neil! All those offensive rebounds and shotblocks are awesome! And he scores! How, I've longed for an athletic defensive big guy that can also score almost from either sides of the post! Now, he needs a jump shot so we can play him at power forward [​IMG]</div>

..or turning into Euro-Duncan[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Man I'm nuts about Biedrins! He's turning into Jermaine O'neil! All those offensive rebounds and shotblocks are awesome! And he scores! How, I've longed for an athletic defensive big guy that can also score almost from either sides of the post! Now, he needs a jump shot so we can play him at power forward [​IMG]</div>

Funny how we craved for a big man who can defend, rebound, block, and score inside. And, we wonder how that kind of big man could turn this team around. Well, it turned out that we had that man all along! I don't know how long this will last, but right now, I am not sure I would trade KG for Biedrins straight. Talk about improving game by game including FTs!

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">REREM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">..or turning into Euro-Duncan[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

He's got to learn how to bank it and pump fake it first to be a lot like his idol [​IMG]

Ballhandling, check
    Passing, check
    All-around defensive ability, check
    Midrange Jump Shooting....??????

19. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Oh man. I just got back from classes and it sounds like I missed the best game of the season. Missed both Utah and San Antonio [​IMG].

As for JRich [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

20. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He's got to learn how to bank it and pump fake it first to be a lot like his idol [​IMG]

Ballhandling, check
    Passing, check
    All-around defensive ability, check
    Midrange Jump Shooting....??????</div>

The dude is 20, he has plenty of time to work on a mid-range game [​IMG]