Spurs @ Warriors 11/27

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Funny how we craved for a big man who can defend, rebound, block, and score inside. And, we wonder how that kind of big man could turn this team around. Well, it turned out that we had that man all along! I don't know how long this will last, but right now, I am not sure I would trade KG for Biedrins straight. Talk about improving game by game including FTs!</div>

I thought the guy was at least another year away before producing Jeff Foster like double doubles (only because of foul discipline and strength). But he's got some nifty moves he showed off this year. I don't know if he's superstar, but he's very productive. We'll see if the league can figure him out. He doesn't like to go to his right much because he's not ambidextrious as of yet. But, I like the fact he's got some footwork and the strength to actually use it. If we can keep Ike and Beans, that is a powerful frontline. High-low all the way.

2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Hey, he's got some sweet pump fakes and nifty up-and-unders!

3. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, he's got some sweet pump fakes and nifty up-and-unders!</div> Kind of. I figure the real big man pump fake masters are guys like Duncan and Shareef.

4. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Andris plays 42 minutes...now that's what I'm talkin' about. This is a different team without him in the game and they would have no chance of winning this game without him. He didn't even look tired at the end, and he's really starting to get good at staying out of foul trouble. 18 pts, 15 reb, 6 blk, 4 ast and only 1 turnover in 42 minutes, wow. My 18-14 projection for him I made a few weeks ago is starting to look conservative! [​IMG]

5. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, he's got some sweet pump fakes and nifty up-and-unders!</div>

Once he learns the The Dream Shake, it's GAME OVER.

6. Custodianrules2

Shapecity must be loving this guy. Beans' value in fantasy league is F/C. The only % he really kills you in is free throw% and turnovers, but he doesn't take a lot of free throws. And more times than not, he's not creating with the ball to turn it over, but he's increasing his shot attempts and still maintaing a good fg%. His catch and dunk/layup transition is so smooth.

7. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Shapecity must be loving this guy. Beans' value in fantasy league is F/C. The only % he really kills you in is free throw% and turnovers, but he doesn't take a lot of free throws.</div>I drafted Andris right from the beginning in my fantasy league. A co-worker told me I wasted the pick, hah hah! Honestly, I was thinking more of a fill-in utility than everyday guy but man is he delivering. My little Latvian stat machine!

8. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I thought the guy was at least another year away before producing Jeff Foster like double doubles (only because of foul discipline and strength). But he's got some nifty moves he showed off this year. I don't know if he's superstar, but he's very productive. We'll see if the league can figure him out. He doesn't like to go to his right much because he's not ambidextrious as of yet. But, I like the fact he's got some footwork and the strength to actually use it. If we can keep Ike and Beans, that is a powerful frontline. High-low all the way.</div>

Yeah, I thought he may average 8-11-1.5 blk about a year or two from now as well. But, I am not complaining with 15-12-3 [​IMG]. Certainly, our running style is benefiting him, but the league may adjust sooner or later. And, it may be bit tougher for Biedrins to overcome, because he still is quite a raw player. Maybe, they will try right toward Biedrins in order to draw some fouls. But, if he can counter-adjust and add some more skills, we may have something special in here. After all, he is way too quick for other 5 to guard. His product really made Murphy obsolete, didn't he??

9. Kwan1031

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Once he learns the The Dream Shake, it's GAME OVER.</div>

Maybe, POB can teach sky hook as well...

10. Custodianrules2

I don't know what to think. In this matchup, we talked about how Murphy would matchup well with Duncan given Murphy's history of games played against Duncan. Murphy basically is never seen on the floor again once Biedrins heats up and Dunleavy heats up too. Dunleavy actually racks up 5 assists and if I remember correctly, most of them went inside to Biedrins. I guess inside presence will do that for your guards. It makes the guards want to look inside rather than hoist, unless that guard's name is Derek Fisher or the third Utah Jazz guy that didn't get waived.

11. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

The best thing about Biedris are his hands. It all starts with his hands. He catches the passes that Foyle used to fumble away and he snags the key rebounds and makes the outlets that gets the Warriors running. I think he's getting respect now because he had those couple of blocks on Duncan in the 4th that last year would have been foul calls.

The hustle in the 4th was amazing. Seeing McCloud and Dunleavy get on the floor was nice to see.

My man Dunleavy looked sweet hitting the transition 3 in rhythm, facing up and hitting the J, then taking Udrih on the blocks and hitting the turnaround bank. Those are unique shots and he's got to go to them more often.

JRich? Big game. Still hate seeing him with the dribble in transition, TO waiting to happen. 4/8 on 3s, hope he does not think he's Ray Allen now.

Great game by the Warriors and great finish. Thanks.

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I drafted Andris right from the beginning in my fantasy league. A co-worker told me I wasted the pick, hah hah! Honestly, I was thinking more of a fill-in utility than everyday guy but man is he delivering. My little Latvian stat machine!</div>

I probably got laughed at for the JR smith and Ellis picks, but look who is laughing now? And Baron is hurt not even 8 games into the season. LOL. JR Smith is pouring in Cuttino Mobley type numbers and Ellis is doing the Leandrinho Barbosa thing at pg and sg.

The one pick I probably f-ed up on was Shaq pick and getting Shelden Williams in the draft. Hey, it was worth a try. Williams could have been the next Okafor type of guy on defense.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe, POB can teach sky hook as well...</div>

I hope POB sure doesn't teach Biedrins the ill-advised deep two. We want him playing inside, not going further and further out like Murphy!

I'm also fearing as well that the rest of the league wil adjust to Biedrins in their defensive game plan. Not many guys really know about Biedrins. They know he outworks guys, but his tendencies might be studied on tape just like they do in football.

14. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

The good thing about Beans is he gets most of his points from garbage points off pick and rolls, etc.

The one thing I am disappointed about in this game is how little floor vision Ellis displayed. There were SEVERAL times where he missed an open man in the paint or a guy like Jrich wide open outside and he did not get a single assist...

15. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The best thing about Biedris are his hands. It all starts with his hands. He catches the passes that Foyle used to fumble away and he snags the key rebounds and makes the outlets that gets the Warriors running. I think he's getting respect now because he had those couple of blocks on Duncan in the 4th that last year would have been foul calls.

The hustle in the 4th was amazing. Seeing McCloud and Dunleavy get on the floor was nice to see.

My man Dunleavy looked sweet hitting the transition 3 in rhythm, facing up and hitting the J, then taking Udrih on the blocks and hitting the turnaround bank. Those are unique shots and he's got to go to them more often.

JRich? Big game. Still hate seeing him with the dribble in transition, TO waiting to happen. 4/8 on 3s, hope he does not think he's Ray Allen now.

Great game by the Warriors and great finish. Thanks.</div>

Completely agree. Jrich should not be setup guy, because he is not a shooting guard. Everyone knows it. But everyone respects how hard it is to find a 20ppg scorer that has more polish than Ellis/Pietrus as of now and more athleticism/quickness than guys like Dunleavy or Fisher. And if Dunleavy can play more consistently/get more aggressive on scoring, he just adds another dimension to what our guards are supposed to be doing for the big men inside or shooters on the wing or guys running around backdoor. Boy, I loved this game because Murphy and Foyle were barely seen! Playoff teams are usually made with their center or their power forward emulating center and Foyle and Murphy were neither! LOL. They combined to make one really bad player under the hoop. Soft on defense, bad with hands, and no inside scoring or passing. I know I'm dissing those guys, but man I'm just so high on the fact Biedrins is playing well, and other guys are making plays without Baron Davis. Maybe we don't need him in the near future.

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The good thing about Beans is he gets most of his points from garbage points off pick and rolls, etc.

The one thing I am disappointed about in this game is how little floor vision Ellis displayed. There were SEVERAL times where he missed an open man in the paint or a guy like Jrich wide open outside and he did not get a single assist...</div>

Yeah, Ellis ain't that creative yet in the team game. But at least he's not like Fisher laying the 30 foot jack with 20 seconds left on the shotclock. Ellis tried to go inside a few times and eventually rounded out his fg%. So I'm happy because I own him in fantasy league.

It's funny that Ellis is as quick as Parker, but which one of those two can actually dunk without getting denied by the iron? [​IMG] Tony Parker has dunked like maybe two times in his nba career. Mad quickness, no hops.

17. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm also fearing as well that the rest of the league wil adjust to Biedrins in their defensive game plan.</div>They probably will, but a) he is still improving his game, so it's a moving target, and [​IMG] having defenses key on Andris should open up opportunities for others on the court (and he did have 4 assists tonight). When Baron comes back he's going to benefit from other players' newfound respect of Andris' game, and I really want to see how an Andris-Ike frontline will do now. It could open up a lot of opportunities for Ike to work his post magic.

18. Kwan1031

Well, we can't hide Biedrins forever, so I guess it would be better for him to meet the challege sooner. We will see how he can counter-adjust

Richardson is definitely getting healthy as well. For last 9 games after he took a game off, he is averaging 17.7 pts / 45.3 fg% / 38.8 3 pts%. His % is there, and I guess it's just a matter of time until he gets his usual production back.

Dunelavy is also thriving in bench role. Ever since he was benched, he averaged 12.8 pts / 51 fg% / 34.4 3 pts%. The day when he was booed seem to be over for now...

19. AnimeFANatic

20. AnimeFANatic