St. Louis Cardinals vs Detroit Tigers

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Oct 19, 2006.

1. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Worst team ever to win a Ring.

2. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 28 2006, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Worst team ever to win a Ring.</div>Yea, that worst team beat you in 7 games. You fucking jagbag. :bigfinger:

3. GotSkillz92

The fuck is a jagbag? Speak english. The series shouldnt have gone that long if we were clicking offensively or if we had Pedro/El Duque. Chavez and Valentin didnt help offensively at all. We put a team on the field that wasnt our best. It's just sad that the team with the worst record won it all. Didnt they get sweep by the pirates before the season ended? Werent they about to get passed the Astros for the division lead? That doesnt sound like a championship team. I give respect to them because they did beat the tigers who pulled a chokejob btw but quite frankly they shouldve never got that far.

4. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 28 2006, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The fuck is a jagbag? Speak english. The series shouldnt have gone that long if we were clicking offensively or if we had Pedro/El Duque. Chavez and Valentin didnt help offensively at all. We put a team on the field that wasnt our best. It's just sad that the team with the worst record won it all. Didnt they get sweep by the pirates before the season ended? Werent they about to get passed the Astros for the division lead? That doesnt sound like a championship team. I give respect to them because they did beat the tigers who pulled a chokejob btw but quite frankly they shouldve never got that far.</div>I do use english. You're a whiner and nothing more.

5. GotSkillz92

what are you doing on a sports forum if you dont have any opinions. get the fuck outta here idiot. u got nothing 2 say.

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 28 2006, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The fuck is a jagbag? Speak english. The series shouldnt have gone that long if we were clicking offensively or if we had Pedro/El Duque. Chavez and Valentin didnt help offensively at all. We put a team on the field that wasnt our best. It's just sad that the team with the worst record won it all. Didnt they get sweep by the pirates before the season ended? Werent they about to get passed the Astros for the division lead? That doesnt sound like a championship team. I give respect to them because they did beat the tigers who pulled a chokejob btw but quite frankly they shouldve never got that far.</div>Try being humble man.They beat our asses cause they were the better team at that point in time. Yes, it would have likely been another story with Pedro and Duque and a healthy Floyd, but that wasnt the case. Congrats to the Cardinals, I'm glad La Russa finally got that second ring....

7. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Cardinals actually swept them, 5 games in a row..... That Kenny Rogers cheating game should be forfeited. :glare:

8. GotSkillz92

I doubt it since he took it off after the 1st inning which really couldnt have decided the outcome of the game. Kenny pitched a gem after he took the substance off.

9. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 28 2006, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt it since he took it off after the 1st inning which really couldnt have decided the outcome of the game. Kenny pitched a gem after he took the substance off.</div>Took it off his Palm, doesnt mean that he didnt move it somewhere else or resort to some other form of cheating. :glare:

10. GotSkillz92

I think the Refs/Players/coaches wouldve had their eye on him. Looking out for any unecessary movements he made towards his glove or any places like that. They didnt complain after that inning. And there are too many ways to cheat in baseball. He might've used another form like you said.

11. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 28 2006, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think the Refs/Players/coaches wouldve had their eye on him. Looking out for any unecessary movements he made towards his glove or any places like that. They didnt complain after that inning. And there are too many ways to cheat in baseball. He might've used another form like you said.</div>Not hard to move around. Hat one inning, inner of glove the next, inside the back pocket the next, under the belt line the next, etc. They didn't exactly check him, he could have moved it around and cleaned it between innings.Or put it in his glove and kept it there. Not like he didn't put his hand to his glove 80 times or anything and they never checked him. :glare:

12. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Who's to say Kenny Rogers was the only one cheating?There were some pitchers pitching way better than they ever did during the season but noone cared (example... look at Randy Flores that Vilma's parading around... 5.62 ERA during the season and then lights out in the postseason?)If you stripped search every single batter and pitcher before every inning, I guarantee you'd get at least half oor more of each team cheating some way or another. Baseball is THE dirtiest sport in America.

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Oct 29 2006, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who's to say Kenny Rogers was the only one cheating?There were some pitchers pitching way better than they ever did during the season but noone cared (example... look at Randy Flores that Vilma's parading around... 5.62 ERA during the season and then lights out in the postseason?)If you stripped search every single batter and pitcher before every inning, I guarantee you'd get at least half oor more of each team cheating some way or another. Baseball is THE dirtiest sport in America.</div>Randy Flores didn't go from throwing 84-85 to 92-93 overnight though. And your kiddiing yourself if you think Football or Basketball are any cleaner. :whistling:

14. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Oct 29 2006, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who's to say Kenny Rogers was the only one cheating?There were some pitchers pitching way better than they ever did during the season but noone cared (example... look at Randy Flores that Vilma's parading around... 5.62 ERA during the season and then lights out in the postseason?)If you stripped search every single batter and pitcher before every inning, I guarantee you'd get at least half oor more of each team cheating some way or another. Baseball is THE dirtiest sport in America.</div>The Gambler is the only one that we know is cheating. Throwing my family under the bus to make your point is a low blow. :glare:

15. GotSkillz92

Yea he's lucky he didnt talk about my cousin Edgar because he's not a cheater.

16. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Same with my cousin's.

17. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The team that won the World Series got their asses handed to them by the worst team in the National League all season - and they did it to them w/o the glass doll twins and Lee for most of the season

18. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

So you're all basically saying, "Oh, I hate player X cause he's doing well. He must be cheating. But I love player Y. He's doing well just because. There's no way he's cheating."You can't say that Kenny Rogers cheated cause he did better in the postseason and then say that just cause you know someone means they didn't cheat. What do you think people thought about Barry Bonds? They used to LOVE him when he was hitting HRs and not that many people thought he was cheating but now everyone hates him and believes he cheated.In basketball and football, you can't cheat by applying substances to balls when the officials touch the ball almost every other play. I'm sure there are steroids in basketball and definately football though.

19. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Oct 29 2006, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So you're all basically saying, "Oh, I hate player X cause he's doing well. He must be cheating. But I love player Y. He's doing well just because. There's no way he's cheating."You can't say that Kenny Rogers cheated cause he did better in the postseason and then say that just cause you know someone means they didn't cheat. What do you think people thought about Barry Bonds? They used to LOVE him when he was hitting HRs and not that many people thought he was cheating but now everyone hates him and believes he cheated.In basketball and football, you can't cheat by applying substances to balls when the officials touch the ball almost every other play. I'm sure there are steroids in basketball and definately football though.</div>The rule clearly states that applying any foriegn substance to the ball (and yes, dirt is just as foreign as spit) that that is deamed as cheating.I'm not saying he cheated because he performed better in the playoffs (although some are), I'm saying he cheated because he cheated.