St. Louis Cardinals vs New York Mets

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

A lot of people said the Cards would win.

2. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Oct 19 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 18 2006, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>METS WIN GAME 7 2MORROW. I WAS AT THIS GAME AND SHEA WAS ROCKIN'. LETS GO METS. JENKS WTF DID I SAY. DOMINATED U PUNKS.</div>You said the Mets would win game 7. How did that work out? [​IMG]</div>STFU, u picked your twins to go all the way. How did that turn out. Those bums,choke artists didnt even win a game. :LMAO: :LMAO: . If we had Pedro, Sanchez, El Duque, and Floyd healthy then It wouldve never been this close.

3. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Oct 20 2006, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>A lot of people said the Cards would win.</div>I'm talking Flores. He's lights out in the clutch.

4. Jenkz

Jenkz NFLC nflcentral.net Member

You wanna talk injuries? Cardinals had key injuries too. Quit complaining. You lost...wait your the immature little kid who kept IM'ing me cussing me out and stuff lmao.

5. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

6. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 20 2006, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Oct 19 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 18 2006, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>METS WIN GAME 7 2MORROW. I WAS AT THIS GAME AND SHEA WAS ROCKIN'. LETS GO METS. JENKS WTF DID I SAY. DOMINATED U PUNKS.</div>You said the Mets would win game 7. How did that work out? [​IMG]</div>STFU, u picked your twins to go all the way. How did that turn out. Those bums,choke artists didnt even win a game. :LMAO: :LMAO: . If we had Pedro, Sanchez, El Duque, and Floyd healthy then It wouldve never been this close.</div>Just thought i'd let you know... I never picked the Twins to go all the way.

7. GotSkillz92

hhaha sure you didnt brookie. you were on their dicks when they were hot and you said they couldnt be stopped. and the cards didnt have who? isringhausen whose blown tons of saves. who else/??

8. Brooksie5

You're just a prick because the Mets lost. Go look through all of my posts, if in one of them I say "the Twins are going to win the World Series".. give me the link. kthnxbye.

9. Jenkz

Mulder was out,Pujols was playing on a bad calf,Isringhausen (As you mentioned),Scott Rolen was playing with a messed up shoulder, and many more. So you sir,just need to get over it. YOU LOST!

10. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jenkz @ Oct 21 2006, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mulder was out,Pujols was playing on a bad calf,Isringhausen (As you mentioned),Scott Rolen was playing with a messed up shoulder, and many more. So you sir,just need to get over it. YOU LOST!</div>To be fair, Albert Pujols and Scott Rolen really shouldnt count as they were healthy enough to play. Carlos Beltran had a Strained Abs, Paul Lo Duca needs surgury on this Thumb, but they were also healthy enough to keep playing and played just fine. Every team in the major leagues has players banged up, it happens. Which is one of the main reasons im not trying to use injuries as an excuse. The Cardinals are a good baseball team, and one that at the beginning of the season were expected to be in the World Series, so I don't really consider it a 'Choke Job' or anything like that as we lost to one of the most talented teams in Baseball, no matter what their record said. In the end, we just lost to a better team, and one that I did severly underestimate. Just means that We're gonna have to get better to take them on again next year with a Different Result. :thumbsup: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Cardinals, with their 17th pennant in hand, charged out of the dugout and mobbed Wainwright in front of the mound.During the champagne celebration in their clubhouse, players gathered around several times and chanted "Jo-se, Jose, Jose, Jose," mocking the popular chant Mets fans crow when Reyes comes to the plate.</div>I will say though, that the Cardinals are a Classless organization, and now I hope they do lose. First Albert Pujols cries to the media about how much he thinks Tom Glavine sucks and now they are mocking the New York Fans. They deserve every loss the Tigers are going to give them, karma is a bitch and I hope it hits them hard. :glare:

11. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

^ Not to mention Tony LaRussa enjoys headhunting. God, I fucking hate the Cardinals.

12. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Carlos Beltran sure was worth every penny when he struck out looking with the bases juiced in the bottom of the 9th....He's a good player, but his contract should be half of what it is. 1 Fluke post-season in a contract year...

13. GotSkillz92

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Oct 21 2006, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're just a prick because the Mets lost. Go look through all of my posts, if in one of them I say "the Twins are going to win the World Series".. give me the link. kthnxbye.</div>Mets were only 6-9 vs the AL East. 3-3 vs the Yankees, just like the Twins. Only good teams the Mets have played are year (Red Sox and Yankees) they are 3-6 against. The Mets will make it the WS series probably not losing a game (unless they start Perez who is HORRIBLE). But after that, doubt they'll do anything.Three of the four playoff teams in the AL have a better record than the Mets, and the Tigers and Yankees are 10 games better than the Dodgers (2nd best team in the NL). I think if either the Twins/Yankees/Tigers were in the NL, they'd have their 100 wins already.The Twins may not have AMAZING record vs those teams, but if the Twins get homefield advantage, they should be 'Good to go'. They are 2-1 vs NYY at home, 6-4 vs DET at home, and 5-1 vs OAK at home. Not to mention Minnesota lost only twice to NL teams and they were both on the road. So we aren't the best road team no, but not many teams are. And we may have the best homefield advantage. Well they do have the best homefield advantage. It's not a maybe, it's a for sure. Their record at home (better than anyone else in baseball) should prove that.You should we should be good to go. Its vague but you still thought the twins were going to do something in the playoffs.O and Vilma, Beltran was worth every penny. He an MVP type season and he was great in the postseason. He won game 1 for us with his 2 run shot. He a 5-tool player and I love that he's a Met. Plus he's worth more than those overpaid bums the yankees have.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 21 2006, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Carlos Beltran sure was worth every penny when he struck out looking with the bases juiced in the bottom of the 9th....He's a good player, but his contract should be half of what it is. 1 Fluke post-season in a contract year...</div>Give credit where it is due, that was a nasty curveball by Wainwright. Regardless, Beltran and Floyd both need to swing the bat there.

15. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yea, the Cardinals are a real classless team. Poor baby, that your Mets lost. [​IMG]

16. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 21 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yea, the Cardinals are a real classless team. Poor baby, that your Mets lost. [​IMG]</div>Speaking of which, how is Ozzie Guillen doing playing Golf?I guess the 2 week head-start he got on Willie Randolph should help him sharpen up his game. :innocent:

17. Rex Grossman 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Oct 21 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 21 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yea, the Cardinals are a real classless team. Poor baby, that your Mets lost. [​IMG]</div>Speaking of which, how is Ozzie Guillen doing playing Golf?I guess the 2 week head-start he got on Willie Randolph should help him sharpen up his game. :innocent:</div>Hmm, your team is doing the same. [​IMG] Golfing.

18. GotSkillz92

lol what a stupid comeback. Ozzie can compete with Tiger right about now. He's been golfing for a long time.

19. Rex Grossman 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 21 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lol what a stupid comeback. Ozzie can compete with Tiger right about now. He's been golfing for a long time.</div>Eagles and Mets fan. Interesting.

20. Jenkz

Yeah,the Cardinals are so classless, that they shook the hand of every Padres player after the series ended. Real classless act right there. How many times do you see that after a major league game now? It should be required by all teams.