Stanley Cup Finals!

Discussion in 'NHL General' started by Big Frame, May 24, 2008.

1. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jun 4 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 4 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well earned by both teams.

I wonder if the Pens would have done any better if they had not traded for Hossa?</div>

The Pens don't make the Finals without Hossa and Dupuis
    </div>
    Pens had the easy road to the Finals and depth seem to have killed them. Hossa played good but had some costly turnovers in the Finals.

I don't think it would have mattered but Pens looked dead tired tonight.

2. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Jun 4 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jun 4 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 4 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well earned by both teams.

I wonder if the Pens would have done any better if they had not traded for Hossa?</div>

</div>
    What are the chances they bring Hossa back next year?
    </div>

I don't think it looks good. Fleury, Malkin (starting the year after) and Staal (starting the year after) need to get paid and there are several other FAs. Hossa, Roberts, Malone (hometown guy), Orpik, Dupuis, Laraque, Ruutu, Hall and Conklin.

3. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 4 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jun 4 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 4 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well earned by both teams.

</div>
    Pens had the easy road to the Finals and depth seem to have killed them. Hossa played good but had some costly turnovers in the Finals.

</div>

How exactly did trading 3 players for 2 hurt the Pens depth when 1 of those players was still in junior hockey?

While Armstrong and Christensen are solid players, Hossa and Dupuis performed better than they could have in the playoffs.

4. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jun 4 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 4 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jun 4 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 4 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well earned by both teams.

</div>

</div>

How exactly did trading 3 players for 2 hurt the Pens depth when 1 of those players was still in junior hockey?

While Armstrong and Christensen are solid players, Hossa and Dupuis performed better than they could have in the playoffs.
    </div>
    That's why I said I didn't think it would matter but still the chemistry before Hossa even though they played well as a team when he was there as well.

5. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Big Frame is most likely hammered out of his mind right now haha.

6. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

man that last minute waz CRAZY! Hockey is back. Congrats to the Red Wingz

7. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Poor Brendan Shanahan...

8. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe @ Jun 5 2008, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Big Frame is most likely hammered out of his mind right now haha.</div>
    I didnt drink a thing.

9. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Bringing in Hossa was a brilliant move, but I don't really see how they can reasonably keep him. They probably should just pat themselves on the back and gear up for next year's trade deadline.

10. ghoti

I agree that Lidstrom doesn't get enough recognition. I think he's the most important player in the NHL and one of the greatest defensemen of all time.

11. o.iatlhawksfan

It was always Pronger, chris chelios, and Nichlas Lidstrom

12. ghoti

Neidermayer is comparable to Lidstrom and better than Pronger. Chelios was very good in the 80s and 90s but was never at the level of those two.

13. o.iatlhawksfan

Better than Pronger? hell naW!!!

14. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

pronger was good, but never reached his potential. plus he was kinda injury prone. Lidstrom is the best defensemen ever.