Start Aminu at power forward?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Natebishop3, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I don't see why not. It's not like he's playing way above his head. We all knew CJ wasn't going to drop 30+ every night. I see that as an unsustainable result, but what Aminu is doing seems totally sustainable to me.

2. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

He can't continue to shoot 45% from three.

But maybe he can be above 30%? If he can do that his defense and pushing the ball is sustainable. Could be best free agent signing of offseason.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Yeah, I'm sure the three point shooting will come down a bit, but his overall numbers seem pretty reasonable.

Overall, most of Neil's acquisitions seem pretty solid.

Aminu
    Davis
    Harkless
    Plumlee

Even Vonleh looks pretty promising, but it's clear he's going to take a year or two before he's really ready to contribute.

4. MightyMouseOps1

MightyMouseOps1 Well-Known Member

For us to really maximize Aminus potential, he needs to log most of his minutes at the 4. He can be a Draymond Green like player, using his quickness to drive past players and taking and hitting open 3s when dame and CJ are doubled . Additionally it would allow us to switch up how we guard the pick n roll. If we can find a solid 3 and D type player, it will allow Aminu to play the 4 and really open up the floor for dame and CJ. Ed Davis has clearly shown how valuable he is snatching offensive rebounds and playing solid defense off the bench. If we really needed to play Ed there for a matchup (like zbo perhaps) we could, but we should let Aminu get acclimated to playing the 4 because it will maximize our future potential IMO.

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I would start Dame, Crabbe, Aminu, Leonard and Plumlee and bring CJ off the bench with Davis and Harkless. I want the best bench in the west. I like Crabbe defending starting 2 guards at the beginning of games and CJ being our Mo Williams, Jamal Crawford with a green light to score.