Starting 3?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DRob-50-Forever, Jun 29, 2007.

1. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

2. blackngold15

blackngold15 BBW Member

I Think it will be Martell Webster. He is really good!!!!!!!!!

3. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

I'm not sure if Webster is ready to start quiet yet. I see him as more of a 2 aswell. I think Jones is a smart player with a little more experience who would add somewhat of a veteran presence to the starting lineup.

4. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Jones or Outlaw will be starting at the three, it will be one of the two.Webster has yet to prove himself as a player, once he's done that then id be thinking about starting him at the 3.

5. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

I would like to see outlaw start at the 3. he had a solid season last year and I think it was his best. what happened to ime udoka? he didnt play near the end of the season.

6. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

ime took a rest because he had really sore knees and needed to rest em....at the end of the season; lamarcus aldridge, zach randolph, brandon roy, udoka, and joel pryzbilla were out. That left us with one starter: Jarret Jack.I think outlaw should come off the bench still. Hes a good insta-offense guy, but hes also a ball hog (at least at the end of the season he was). Id like Jones to start, Outlaw to come off the bench, and Udoka to finish in the fourth or something. Dont leave portland ime! :(as for martell webster, I think he will improve a lot this next year. Hopefully hes not as shy and nervous to take shots because he will get a lot more open jumpers with aldridge and oden getting double teamed like they will be.

7. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I think Portland will address this need by signing a free agent or making another deal. If not, I hope Martell Webster begins to show something. He's out of high school, and like Gerald Green in Boston, he's going to need time. However, he has progressed even slower than I thought he would. I'd like to see him make some bigger improvements this year, maybe earn some consistent playing time.

8. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 3 2007, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Portland will address this need by signing a free agent or making another deal. If not, I hope Martell Webster begins to show something. He's out of high school, and like Gerald Green in Boston, he's going to need time. However, he has progressed even slower than I thought he would. I'd like to see him make some bigger improvements this year, maybe earn some consistent playing time.</div>I sure hope so too. Webster's a great guy.we got james jones from phx....... im not sure if thats good enuff.Our free agent signings will probly happen in 08'. Were lookin towards the future anyways. No rush.

9. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>shooting a disappointing 36.8 percent from the field</div>wasnt udoka your starter

10. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    I think Webster will be the starter before too long. There was an article in the Oregonian a while ago saying he has slimmed down and gotten help getting his head on right. Outlaw is the best athlete and could also start if his BBIQ finally gets to where it should be. If Jones starts, it signifies that the young players aren't ready yet and I think that would be bad news, just like it was when Udoka started. Don't get me wrong, I really like Udoka, and Jones could be a taller, and therefore better, version of him, but if a player like that is starting when you have an athlete like Outlaw and a shooter you took with the #6 pick like Webster, you have problems. There are two other possibilities we need to consider as well, another trade could easily be coming and it is very easy for forget about Miles.