Politics STATE OF THE UNION 2020

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Feb 4, 2020.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Starts at the top hg. As long as trump continues to use personal attacks and childish name calling whenever he describes a democratic politician, there will be no unity.

Lanny likes this.
  2. CupWizier

retired
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
  3. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

So I listened to about the first 20 minutes of the SOTU last night while I was waiting to pick my brother up from school, and my only real take away from it was:

"Ok. So now I understand what it's like to attend one of the Trump 2020 Campaign rallies."

Lanny and calvin natt like this.
  4. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

The youth gave up on the boomers a long time ago. Its hard to respect a generation that mocks them as snowflakes who needs a safe space and avocado toast, then demand respect all while destroying the planet and creating an economy that is unlivable for them.

calvin natt and Rhal like this.
  5. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

So then how do you teach elementary kids to act and deal with issues? Do you teach them to disrespect boomers because you have an issue with them?
    I have grandkids and kids that I try and coach to be respectful of others opinions and always try and find some common ground.

Lanny likes this.
  6. Hoopguru

I agree, but both sides have a top.
    And its up to each individual to conduct himself with respect of others regardless. Part of the problem is people are to focussed on what others think and allow themselves to get confrontational.

7. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

How many elementary kids do you know who pay attention to the state of the union address? What they do listen to is their parents saying things like "look at racist grandpa making an idiot of himself all over facebook again".

8. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

9. Hoopguru

I agree with what they are exposed to but not just grandpa, but dad and /or mom and how they conduct themselves.

10. CupWizier

retired
    where do you start? At the top. It's never going to be perfect, but it's also never been this bad before either. Get rid of the problem and it immediately improves.

11. Hoopguru

I agree get rid of Trump and it changes but Im not all that optimistic that it changes that much as the parties cant stand one another and the media loves it as it creates the frenzy that people seem to like.

12. CupWizier

retired
    You get rid of a cult leader and things are bound to improve. The republicans are like a zombie cult group that bows down to all things trump as if they are afraid to go against him. Does he have compromising pictures on all of them or they just a bunch of cowardly spineless sheep, but they are the only ones that can really do anything before the election. Get rid of Moscow Mitch as the majority leader as well. Watch how much things will improve.

13. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Spineless sheep is your answer

14. Hoopguru

There are cults with both sides those that follow trump and those that follow radical progressives that want things their way to, both trouble makers.
    There needs to be an emergence of a centrist moderate group that out numbers both to get some compromise and respect going again. So who do you like to beat out Trump?

15. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
  16. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Paul Harvey won one.

And now you know....

the rest of the story.

17. Hoopguru

I heard James Carvel last night on MSNBC say he dems need to decide if they want to be an Ideological Cult and follow the extreme left or guard the Party with power.

18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

It was reality TV with no reality.

Trump said he inherited a weak economy. He inherited a strong economy. He claimed greatest ever job growth. There were 1.5 million more new jobs created in the last year of the Obama administration than all three years of Trump administration combined.

He said he is protecting people with pre-existing conditions. His administration has a case before the Supreme Court trying to get the court to declare unconstitutional the requirement that insurance companies not discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. They asked the court to wait until after the election to hear the case. Normally if you think something is unconstitutional you don't ask the court to wait 10 months to decide, unless you are afraid of elctoral consequences.

He ostentatiously brought one soldier home to cover for the fact that he has increased troop presence in the Middle East. While a large number of troops are people of color, increasing numbers are women, and gays can still serve openly he made sure the soldier was white, male, and straight and I am sure they vetted him to be certain he's a Trump supporter. He claimed support for the troops but ridiculed 60 soldiers with traumatic brain injury as having "headaches". I guess he likes people who were not injured. He took credit for ISIS setback after screaming at the generals they were losers and babies.

He lied about immigrants and attacked women's rights because that is in his DNA.

The Medal of Freedom used to be prestigious; now it's given out to his supporters and donors regardless of merit. He awarded the Medal of Freedom to racist, misogynist, divisive Limbaugh and had his submissive female appendage hang the medal on him because she cares so much about bullying.

He extolled freedom of religion, while extending the Muslim ban to five new countries, including Myanmar, where Muslims face horrific persecution.

He had the gall to mention Harriet Tubman after his administration blocked having Tubman on US currency. Bet bottom dollar he has no idea who Harriet Tubman was and even less who the Tuskegee Airmen were (one person who could school him on that: Rasheed Wallace. Serious.)

He claimed right to life for fetuses but no one must EVER restrict guns.

As John Lennon said, nothing is real, nothing to get hung about.

19. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

I admire that you are still able to write posts that show...patience. Because I am out of it. I’m so disgusted by anyone who can follow this idiot, it’s hard for me to sit down and try to “sell people”. It’s useless.

Lanny and twobullz like this.
  20. Hoopguru