Steal Of The Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by B.e., Jun 24, 2004.

1. jetlee6509

jetlee6509 JBB JustBBall Member

Hagrid i totally agree wit u dog

2. JJA

JJA JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">The steal of the draft is the easiest thing to name it was of course Jameer Nleson and anyone who says other wise is either syaing it as a bias choice or just dont like Jameer. He was a lottery pick that fell down dont know why probably because stupid GM's taking young players with not nearly as much talent like for example Telfier.

He is the college player of the year, lead st. joes to a perfect season, and almost a final four birth. He was the best player in the highest level of basketball out side of the NBA in America and hespent all four years there. He will probably be a top runner for rookie of the year.</div>
    I think its a little Biased.. He didn't deserve college player of the year IMO. IMO he was not the best player outside the NBA. Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordan and Luol deng to name a few were better. He prolly will be a runner for the rookie of the Year but, not in the top three.

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JJA:</div><div class="quote_post">I think its a little Biased.. He didn't deserve college player of the year IMO. IMO he was not the best player outside the NBA. Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordan and Luol deng to name a few were better. He prolly will be a runner for the rookie of the Year but, not in the top three.</div>
    I know the Gordon one was bias because of you being a uconn fan, but the Deng one is jsut crazy he was to young to even be considered for the award. Then the Okafor on here is why Nelson is ebtter Nelson lead his team to a perfect season Okafor didnt. Okafor had a lottery pick second option on his team Nelson had West who was taken in the late first round.

Also Nelson is 5"10 and is a great player Okafor is 6"10 or 6"11 and a good defender. Nelson had more credentials then Okafor in my opinion although I knwo some may disagree also soem may say that Okafor won the finalf our yet he didnt even play much or that well in the tourny do to the stinger and other injuries.

4. JJA

JJA JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">I know the Gordon one was bias because of you being a uconn fan, but the Deng one is jsut crazy he was to young to even be considered for the award. Then the Okafor on here is why Nelson is ebtter Nelson lead his team to a perfect season Okafor didnt. Okafor had a lottery pick second option on his team Nelson had West who was taken in the late first round.

Also Nelson is 5"10 and is a great player Okafor is 6"10 or 6"11 and a good defender. Nelson had more credentials then Okafor in my opinion although I knwo some may disagree also soem may say that Okafor won the finalf our yet he didnt even play much or that well in the tourny do to the stinger and other injuries.</div>
    No, The Gordan one wasn't Biased. Ive watched him for three years, ive seen every uconn game hes played in. Hes a great player. Better then some people think. And, IMO better then Jameer Nelson.

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JJA:</div><div class="quote_post">No, The Gordan one wasn't Biased. Ive watched him for three years, ive seen every uconn game hes played in. Hes a great player. Better then some people think. And, IMO better then Jameer Nelson.</div>
    I like him and think he will be one of the top runner for rookie of the year, but he is or at least was not better than Nelson this year. How can you consider him better than Nelson when he was never even thought of by almost anyone as a canidate for College player of the year and is the second option on his team while Nelson is the first.

Although he is talented he is not better than nelson did he lead his team to a undefeated record? No. He helped them win the finals four, but there roster had more depth on it then our roster at St. Joes.

6. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Jameer is just a little bit over rated. I think David Harrison with the last pick of the first round was a bigger steal then Jameer. and I was dissapointed by Gordon not being nominated for college POY.

7. invertedzero

invertedzero JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the steal of the draft would definately be the Charlotte Bobcats gettin Emeka Okafor at #2 pick...because Orlando didnt get him at #1 [​IMG]

Nah i would have to say Sebastian Telfair because i think hes gonna be the next Stephon Marbury since they both went to the same High School in Brooklyn and both threw up mad stats that were almost alike [​IMG]</div>

it's really hard to say who is really the steal of the draft. but doesn't okafor have back prob? telfair is small but time will tell cuz boykins plays for the nuggets hehehehe

my prediction it would be iguodala but again only time will tell

8. PPTheTruth34

PPTheTruth34 JBB JustBBall Member

I hope it turns out to be Al Jefferson. I hope he becomes a monster in the future as he develops.

9. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

I think it was Jameer Nelson going to the Magic. There were so many other temas that coudl have took him but they chose to pick High School players.

10. S.Livingston14

I sort of agree with you PP, I love Jefferson, he is a monster and has the potential to be a taller poor man's Barkley. But his downside is a Robert Traylor. So we'll have to wait and see.

11. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MavsJ33:</div><div class="quote_post">I sort of agree with you PP, I love Jefferson, he is a monster and has the potential to be a taller poor man's Barkley. But his downside is a Robert Traylor. So we'll have to wait and see.</div>

Poor mans Barkley? How are they comparable their games are different, and their size and statures are different as well. He's not a Robert Traylor because he's Al is more athletic than him. He can rebound and isn't as slow as a Tractor.

12. S.Livingston14

I didn't say he was like Traylor, I said if he doesn't work hard enough he could become like Traylor. But I personally think he will be a very good player. He has the work ethic, which was proved when he ballooned up to 295 pounds after his supreme sophmore season. He personally realized that was too much and went on a huge diet plan, and lost 25 pounds over his junior season and was sitting at 270. Since then he's lost another 5 pounds. I think he will be a big factor in the Celtics offensive game.

13. jjtheknick

jjtheknick JBB JustBBall Member

the knicks got this kid and sign him for less money and look howe good he is.

14. S.Livingston14

^ That didn't make anysense. Are you talking about Trevor Ariza? Or who are you talking about?

15. ilustrado

ilustrado JBB JustBBall Member

Jameer Nelson.... & Dorrel Wright :P

16. hollisbeenhosed

hollisbeenhosed JBB JustBBall Member

Luis flores, hes gonna end up a solid role player in this league

and whoever signs darius rice, hell also be a solid role player

17. S.Livingston14

I love Luis Flores, but noway will he be the steal of the draft. He is to small, and he will have to make big adjustments to be a solid player in the league. But I love him and sure would hope to see him excell.

18. celtfan

celtfan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JJA:</div><div class="quote_post">No, The Gordan one wasn't Biased. Ive watched him for three years, ive seen every uconn game hes played in. Hes a great player. Better then some people think. And, IMO better then Jameer Nelson.</div>

Doesn't the fact that you've watched him for three years and every game he's played make your choice of Gordon biased? unless you've watched every other players' game as well.

19. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

I will be patriotic and say that 11th pick Andris Biedrins is the steal of the draft. So is Jameer Nelson.

20. paulan81

paulan81 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea I agree wit everyone with jameer.. he'll come out strong and prove everyone wrong in the nba. I also think Ricky Paulding from Missouri (picked really late in the second round by Detroit) will be a shocker. He's got sick talent and athletism, Detroit really picked up a gem.