Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The Alaskan Assassin. Nice reference Zhone.

I think Curry will be a solid pro player. He was scoring on double and triple teams consistently in college and has a quick release. The beauty of his game is the work he does without the ball running his defender into cross screens and making hard cuts and then reversing back to create space. He's really mastered the art of moving without the basketball.

The downside to his game is he's very streaky.

2. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Is he? I don't know man, look at his game log. It looks pretty good to me, really only a handful of games where he just didn't seem to have much, most games he is around 50%. And even in his off shooting games, he's giving you some points by getting to the line a lot and hitting a ridiculous 87.6%. Whereas you look at Craw's game log (just for one example) and you get this. Now that's streaky!

3. Shapecity

Look at his FGM vs. FGA

4. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

A little streaky but not bad by volume shooter standards. 7/34 games he shot under 40% and 5 of those were on the road. He still managed to shoot 45% for the season.

I can live with that.

5. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Something to remember, at Davidson, he really didn't have others to defer to. And when he did, he was passing out of double and triple teams. His percentages should go up and turnovers should go down, even against NBA talent.

6. Shapecity

True he did face a lot of defensive pressure. On the flipside though how will he do without as many touches in the NBA? It's always hard to predict how players are going to turnout when they go from being Option A for a team in college and then are asked to be a role player.

7. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    I'd have to say that all-in-all, the Warriors did came out smelling like roses last week. Landing Curry was obviously a welcome surprise to the Warrior camp considering how much Nellie and Riley have gushed over him in public. Also, the "war room" reaction seemed pretty genuine as well when they saw the Wolves pick Flynn.

A lot has happened during this time: Crawford traded, Amare trade talks, and let's just suppose that Curry is the PG that we've long coveted.

Other teams are not in the best situations right now. Look at New York who are trying to trade for Rubio. They have nothing to offer for him. The Suns are in a predicament with Amare...trade him or be stuck with a disgruntled superstar. The Wolves situation with Rubio and Flynn is pretty ridiculous. Utah's going to have to deal with Boozer and probably AK-47 sometime soon.

The point is, the Warriors, for now, are in good shape. I think Nellie-Riley have thus far done a good job.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  8. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I'll reserve my judgment for later but I agree. So far, they've done well. Dumped Craw for cap relief. Landed their guy in Curry in the draft. And even despite us not giving up Curry we're still in the discussion, perhaps even front runners for Amare. Even if we don't get Amare I'm sure they'll go after another big name guy- Boozer, David West, Josh Howard, etc.

9. Run BJM

Check out J-Rich's twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/jrich23/status/2390252358

They don't teach english at Mich St.? LOL

Good to hear though...

10. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    While the Warriors long-term financial forecast is currently unflexible, other teams' current financial situation is pretty dire. We should be targeting those small-market teams that are in or will be in the luxury threshold and "help" them. New Orleans seems to be one of those places. David West would be awesome. Blue collar big man who can shoot and rebound and run. Perhaps not to the ferocity of an Amare, but there's less baggage with him. Would New Orleans be desperate enough to dump him? I doubt it, but you never know. Maybe we can convince them to play small ball.

11. Run BJM

My thoughts exactly. How about Bogut in Milwaukee too? Beans + Azu/Beli/Wright for him? He'd be an ace in Nellie's system with his passing, shooting, ability to score on the block, and I think hes a little underrated rebounding the ball. Plus hes got some bulk, seems like a good fit next to Randolph. Beans seems like more of a Skiles player than Bogut anyway and a better fit alongside Charlie V.

12. Doctor Kajita

Finance
  13. Clif10

Clif10 Member

14. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

The Yao injury is an unfortunate way of giving us a fighting chance for a playoff spot, but that'll mean a lousy draft pick next year if we do make it.

15. Run BJM

It would go to NJ I believe if we were to avoid the lotto. Phoenix blowing it up gives us a better chance too plus Utah perhaps losing some key bigs in the frontcourt. New Orleans could ship off some good players too.

OKC and LAC could be a lot better though.

16. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    Don't you think the Warriors have enough young players they've accumulated through the lottery over the years? A foundation of Ellis/Curry/Randolph/Biedrins seems promising to me. We now need to start making that push towards 50+ wins and deep playoff runs.

17. Run BJM

18. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    I've become a NBA Twitter follower (although I'm not important to actually have an account). J-Rich says "Jus got done working out with Steph Curry n Brendan Haywood. GS fans he going to b realy good."

http://twitter.com/jrich23

19. Run BJM

They just showed that on Sportscenter as the "sports tweet of the day". Lets hope JR has some decent talent evaluation skills lol.

20. Shapecity

[​IMG]

All-Star Game Circa '92