Steve Francis Offically a Knick

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting giftedvisionz:</div><div class="quote_post">I would see them trying to bomb the rest of the season to try and get the best chance for the 1st pick.</div>
    Don't mean to add to the misery, but Chicago has our pick this year. [​IMG]

2. giftedvisionz

giftedvisionz JBB JustBBall Member

bleh. then the players should bomb the rest of the season to try to convince Isiah and/or LB to leave.

3. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

oh to be a knick fan =[

funny thing is i bet mike d'antoni would have a field day with this roster

but brown's gonna push defense...........hahahahahaha

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Personally I think this trade was good for the Knicks, just because I think that they can't go anywhere but up. Steve Francis and Marbury although both are SGs in a PG's body, I think something will work out with their combined offensive ability.

I was acutally thinking though that the Ratliff/Patterson or Miles for Penny would have been the best scenario for New York, because then they would be a pointguard away from being a pretty darn good team.

PG: ? / ?
    SG: Marbury / Crawford
    SF: Miles or Patterson / Jalen Rose
    PF: Ratliff / Frye
    C: Curry / Ratliff

Although not as star-studded as having Steve Francis, I thought that Ratliff/Patterson could bring a defensive toughness that the current Knicks seem to need.

Well maybe they can still do something to land Ratliff.

5. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">Supposed to be the second coming of Clyde and the Pearl according to Isiah.

It's a huge hit or miss. We'll just have to see what happens.</div>

Yea that has to be it...if it works as its supposed to, Marbury and Francis will be arguably the most dynamic backcourt in the NBA...this also relieves some of the pressure off Curry, and there are more than able role players in Robinson, Rose and Frye...

However, I just dont see this panning out, simply because Brown's style of coaching contrasts sharply with the way Marbury and Francis wanna play ball...

6. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

AWFUL for the MAGIC?

WHAT?!

Their one cancer is now gone, Dwight has time to mature with Jameer Nelson as a point guard. They get another prospect in Ariza..

Penny can be waived if he is inelligible to play (per the career-ending injury rule), and his contract would NOT count against the Magic's cap. The Magic free up a load of contract space to go after big FA's in 07, and would be able to resign Howard and Nelson to long-term deals.

The Magic had to get rid of McGrady, and they effed up with that trade. Mobley, Cato, and now Francis are all gone, the team can start from scratch.

The Knicks however .. further their cap-hell, pick up another undersized point/shooting guard, who will compete for time with 4 other, fat contracted players (Starbury, Richardson, Jalen, Crawford). He brings a contract that could be on the table till 2009.

Not being pessimistic here, but to those who say the MAGIC got ROBBED here..

From a better POV - Marbury and Francis could do some damage in the backcourt, if both find their niche with each other. A bench of whoever doesn't play the 3 (Richardson, Crawford, Rose -- I don't really know, maybe MrJ can provide better insight), will be a strong one. I would suspect Q-Rich to be moved to the bench actually, because his defense sucks. Crawford might be undersized at the 3, so that leaves Jalen, an experienced veteran -- like Francis and Marbury.

Francis is no stranger to defense, and if Larry Brown inspired AI, he might just be able to make Francis into the 20-6-6 guy he used to be.

It will also be interesting to see what schemes Brown uses with these two, as both are very ball-in-hand type players. I wouldn't be suprised to see a tank of the season so they can really start fresh, or a total lock-down and the Knicks turn it around.

But man, Isiah is getting murdered cap-wise . . . How far down are they?

And multi-year deals . . . how does he still have a job?

Great player .. but crappy GM.

Kudos to the man whose entertainment and bamboozling moves keep the league in check.

7. NYCfinest123

NYCfinest123 JBB JustBBall Member

we got a knicks hater in here... but i cant wait to watch friday's game finally we get a chance to murder the nets

8. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Isiah Thomas...wow

This is not going to end well for New York. Unless Marbury or Francis gets traded this could set them back awhile. This is just....wow.

9. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SkiptoMyLue11:</div><div class="quote_post">Personally I think this trade was good for the Knicks, just because I think that they can't go anywhere but up. Steve Francis and Marbury although both are SGs in a PG's body, I think something will work out with their combined offensive ability.

I was acutally thinking though that the Ratliff/Patterson or Miles for Penny would have been the best scenario for New York, because then they would be a pointguard away from being a pretty darn good team.

PG: ? / ?
    SG: Marbury / Crawford
    SF: Miles or Patterson / Jalen Rose
    PF: Ratliff / Frye
    C: Curry / Ratliff

Although not as star-studded as having Steve Francis, I thought that Ratliff/Patterson could bring a defensive toughness that the current Knicks seem to need.

Well maybe they can still do something to land Ratliff.</div>

Marbury cannot play shooting guard.

Where the hell is the 3pt shooting on that team?

The whole roster are a buch of players we don't know.

Isiah is a moron. I can't ellobrate, cause I repeat myself over and over.

All his deals are all the same.,

Give the other team cap space so they can save up to sign a superstar and become a winning/competitive player.

We get an overpriced aging player who we don't need, thats not even in his prime anymore.

Its unreal really.

10. Platehpus

Platehpus JBB JustBBall Member

The Magic just made room for C-Bosh, look out

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">Isiah Thomas...wow

This is not going to end well for New York. Unless Marbury or Francis gets traded this could set them back awhile. This is just....wow.</div>
    How can it set us back for a while? We really can't go back any further.

12. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NYCfinest123:</div><div class="quote_post">we got a knicks hater in here... but i cant wait to watch friday's game finally we get a chance to murder the nets</div>

Yea ok...keep dreaming[​IMG]

13. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Its seems Isaiah may have just gone after Francis to stockpile on marketable players to acquire KG once Minnesota feels like trading him.

If it works, a lot of people may start praising Isaiah. Including Tribute lol [​IMG]

14. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mag:</div><div class="quote_post">AWFUL for the MAGIC?

WHAT?!
    </div>

I think this is putting it into perspective.. Basically you guys lost T-mac and got nothing back.

15. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tradebark:</div><div class="quote_post">I think this is putting it into perspective.. Basically you guys lost T-mac and got nothing back.</div>

Well we didn't lose T-Mac. . . considering I have been a Rockets fan all my life -- and never a Magic fan. [​IMG] .

But I see what you are saying.

And no, I am not a Knicks Hater. . . just find it unbelievable that people think the Magic got ripped on this one. Expriring contract + Prospect for a guy they didn't want on their team in the first place? I think that's a steal.

This could work out well for both teams, but since their haven't been any games played with Francis in a Knicks Uni, the upperhand goes to the Magic.

Anyone know what number Francis will be wearing? Marbury has number 3, and Q-Rich has 23 (IIRC).

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone know what number Francis will be wearing? Marbury has number 3, and Q-Rich has 23 (IIRC).</div>
    Number 1. Ironic huh.

17. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Platehpus:</div><div class="quote_post">The Magic just made room for C-Bosh, look out</div>

I highly doubt that. With Dwight there and trading for Darko they'd be much better off persuing a swingman/shooting gaurd and a point gaurd upgrade.
    Alot of teams will be looking for C-Bosh but how many players are gunna turn down the longer and more lucrative contract that the home team can offer.
    And why in gods name do you accept less years and $$$ to go play for a team thats no better off in terms of talent, picks, cap space? I mean i could sort of seeing him risk it to be the man on a winning team.....but no the Magic.

Bosh is staying in Raptor land

18. bravest

bravest BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Number 1. Ironic huh.</div>
    Last I heard he was going to sport #8, but I don't know much more than that.

19. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

20. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Steve Francis to the Knicks -- unbelievable. I've been trying to think of an analogy that equates to what Isiah is doing to the woeful Knicks and I've got it. The Knicks are his scab and he keeps picking at it. He looks at it, knows it's not healed, picks it … and it bleeds again. Unfortunately, now it's infected, beyond repair, and it's time to amputate."</div>
    LoL, that's the best analogy for the Knicks that I've ever heard.