Steve Smith?

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by Klabbe, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Klabbe

Klabbe JBB JustBBall Member

Will Griffin be back? I would love to see him back, but I think it won't happen. Will Walt Williams be back? Wouldn't mind having him back but I don't think he will be. So is Josh Howard our starter? Is he ready? How about Steve Smith? A free agent. Great guy, Great shooter, good teamplayer. Anyway has he anything left? I belive he has. And doesn't this sound good for a starting lineup?

Nash
    Smith
    Finley
    Nowitzki
    Lafrentz

Bringing in Steve Smith would make Finley a small forward where he is better. It would benefit the team a lot. Smith can knock down the open three and he can or has at least been able to create his own shot. Wouldn't it be good to have Smith play about 20 minutes a night and at the same time Howard would get playing time. But most of all I wanna see Griffin back. I love that guy.

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Steve is no longer a starter..he is old and is only good for 10 minutes a game..to shoot a few threes..thats it.

3. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

that is a monster of a line up, i see nelly always shaking up Finley/Bell etc at SF and SG... He could be a good additon for the Mavs off the bench but not as a starter....

4. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deestillballin:</div><div class="quote_post">that is a monster of a line up, i see nelly always shaking up Finley/Bell etc at SF and SG... He could be a good additon for the Mavs off the bench but not as a starter....</div>

I agree with allnet in that Steve Smith is only good for a few minutes a night. I dont know if Smith would take a backseat role on this team. he is a team players its just that he isnt use to coming off the bench. He is one heck of a shooter though and would be extremely valuable to this team in the clutch of a game. Imagine in the final streches of a close game Nash, Smith, Van Exel, Finley, Dirk. Sure that is one short line-up but they could light it up and in a hurry.

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Now the rumor is Denver wants him to give some leadership to the young players.

6. Stefen

Stefen JBB JustBBall Member

Finleys a shooting guard IMHO. He will not excel at SF as he has as a late first round pick at SG. He's a big SG and thats where he needs to be IMO. The Mavs are set, they need no one else, they will be competive even with no changes. We will see in october I guess.

7. t-mac

t-mac JBB JustBBall Member

i dont think that steve smith has got in him to start, just look at last season where he played less minutes then kevin willis for the spurs, i think that u mite have to llok at another option