Stojakovic MVP 2004

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by madmonkey, Feb 10, 2004.

1. obie1124

obie1124 JBB JustBBall Member

Without a doubt Peja is the best shooter in the league in my book. He just dosen't seem to put up MVP type numbers to me. Once Webber comes back then his numbers WILL decline.

The MVP now has to be Kevin Garnett. He does everything it takes to make his team win by getting points, rebounds, blocks, assists. He is a monster, but in a good way. This is his year, Duncan will come close again but KG will win it, mark my words.

2. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

To all that say KG isn't clutch, especially Kings & Peja fans, how do you explain the 2 threes in 29 seconds to go to overtime, or the gamewinning fadeaway shot from the corner at the buzzer to beat the Clippers. Yes, they give the ball to Cassell a lot because he IS clutch and he CAN cary a team and he DOES make his free throws. But if you think that Kevin Garnett can't do each of those things then your out of your mind and don't deserve to talk in this debate.

KG is putting up the insane stats, his team is 2nd best in the league right now, barely behind Sacramento. His team has only 4 players from last year still on it, and only one of them hasnt been injured at all, KG. The whole team has had to come together from a bunch of new guys from all different teams, overcome injuries to their starting center, clutch all star shooter, and explosive 6th man. not to mention various roleplayers. The Kings have lost Chris Webber, and there is a debate that maybe they are better without C-Webb. The kings had depth last year, and have kept their depth. They are a well meshed team, they didn't have problems playing together in the beginning, they didn't have 4 people out so they had to sign 3 backup pointguards youve barely ever heard of for ten day contracts. But the Wolves are barely behind the Kings? Why? Because Kevin Garnett makes people want to play the game. After watching KG at practice, Sam, a notorious AI like "its just practice" guy, increases his work ethic because hes impressed by the focus and determination KG shows all the time. When they interview the other players on the team, they talk about how KG works hard all the time and makes sure everyone does better and gets in the game. He tries to get the best from everyone and he does it. Mad dog is averaging more points than he ever did in LA. Cassell is putting up career high numbers. At times Spree looks 5 years younger. KG is a great leader to go with his insane stats. Without him, the team would fall apart. No one would play as hard or as well as they are playing. KG is the glue to the team. He is the franchise.

Not to mention 24 14 5.

3. Progidy

Progidy JBB JustBBall Member

THere should be two awards

MVP- the guy most valuable to his team, winning, clutch, etc.
    MOP (most outstanding player)- The guy with the crazy feats and stats

4. T Streets

T Streets JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Progidy:</div><div class="quote_post">THere should be two awards

MVP- the guy most valuable to his team, winning, clutch, etc.
    MOP (most outstanding player)- The guy with the crazy feats and stats</div>

And MVP Goes to Peja [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Romination

Romination JBB JustBBall Member

KG should win both MVP and MOP. Why is it that last year, when KG was alone, he didn't win MVP even though he should've. Peja doesn't bring anything else ahead of KG, except for 1-2 points a game more. What else does Peja do that can equal KG performance enough for him to win MVP? If the Timberwolves continue to win, and Kevin Garnett continues to put up these numbers or higher, he probably will be the MVP. Peja isn't immortal. Trenton Hassell of the Timberwolves limited Peja to only 15 points last game we decimated you guys, and we weren't playing a zone on Peja, it was a full man to man, no double teaming for 90% of the time on Peja. Now compare Kevin Garnett. If you try to take Kevin Garnett 1 on 1, he'll burn you. Now you can have the argument that Peja is more of a team player, but guess what, if there's no more of a team player in the NBA, it's Kevin Garnett. And count the fact that we beat you guys by 17 points.

6. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

Peja sometimes can have bad games but sometimes he can Catch on fire and shoot the ball even with a hand at his face.He is one of the greatest shooters of all time.Thats one thing he is better at than KG and get some few more points.But everything else,KG is better at.

So i think KG should Win MVP.He is the most complete players in the league,most efficient, and more.He is as important as Peja to his team.

7. Romination

And for you Duncan for MVP fans, guess what. Last year, if the Timberwolves didn't have KG, we'd be way below .500, so you can't argue that. If Duncan and KG sort of "switch each other's last season selves", i.e. Duncan has the experience KG had last year and KG has the experience of having a great team, but KG is the one coming our with the more polished performance, KG should definitely win MVP. And for Jermaine, the Eastern Conference is not as hard or competitive. Forget about the time zones. The Nation Basketball Association SHOULD change the league to the NFL style, with an NFC and AFC style Conference, both with teams from the East and West coast. That will help balance the NBA, and will probably help the East in trying to get big men to compete with the West.

8. Romination

Plus, Peja is just riding out a good season. When Webber comes back, mark my words, this BS talk about Peja4MVP is going to stop, when Peja's average finally settles down. But then again, Peja's average could go up due to all the defense the other teams have to play on Webber.

9. Romination

Peja isn't so great as he's made out to be. Do what Trenton Hassell of the Timberwolves did, not even let him take many shots. When that happened, guess what? Peja went 5/15 that game.

10. Linkin

Man do you know how to *EDIT*.

Anyway's you can't judge a player on one game.Peja just had a bad night.
    And i agree that it would be a good idea to make conferences like the NFL.
    It would balance the talent and players.The West are just too strong.

11. Romination

The new restructuring is drawing one interesting move, the Hornets to the west. Everyone, watch the spectacle of what will happen to a current East power moving to the west next season. Too bad the restructuring had to happen like this, where they still retain East and West. At least Minnesota gets a pretty easy division, barring no miracle draft picks from the other teams in the Northwest division Minnie is going to be in.

12. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

I like Peja, he's a MVP candidate this year, but it's obvious KG is winning this and he should.

13. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it will. KG will most likely get MVP and deserves it. If Peja keeps this up for next season, I'm sure he'll get it then, but I think Garnett got this one on lock.

14. svarozich

svarozich JBB JustBBall Member

I think the MVP award should always go to the best player of the best team. Just looking at the stats is wrong in my opinion.

15. Linkin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting svarozich:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the MVP award should always go to the best player of the best team. Just looking at the stats is wrong in my opinion.</div>

I agree that you shouldn't just look at stats.They might sometimes fool you.But I don't think that the best player on the best team should always get it.It should be awarded to the best player in the league not in the best team and who is the most valuable to his team.Sometimes great players are on really bad teams.That doesn't mean they are bad players.

16. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Why should Peja be MVP? Because he's the leading scorer on Sacramento who currently has the best record? I don't think that's reason enough. Is he a good rebounder? Does he make his teammates better? Can he stop people defensively? How much energy does he bring to the game? Fact is Peja is just a GREAT shooter, but that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Peja and I love Sacramento as well, but Peja does not do nearly as much as Kevin Garnett does. Garnett rebounds, he scores, he defends, he makes his teammates better, he DEMANDS double teams, he blocks shots, he pumps up his teammates, and he has his team right on Sacramento's tail. When you look at what Garnett brings to his team, when you look at their record, and when you look at Garnett's contributions and statistics there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind, Garnett is infact MVP of the Wolves and the entire NBA!

17. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

The MVP is not just about the best player on the best team in the league. If it was then it would be the most boring selection process in the world. It should be about who contributed to their teams success the most, and abou who is the best player in the NBA.

If anyone thinks that Peja is the best player in the league hands down then hook me up with what you are smoking, it must be some good sh!t. KG and maybe Duncan (but he has been injured frequently this season) are the best of the best.

18. svarozich

svarozich JBB JustBBall Member

I agree that Peja is not best player in the NBA.
    If we look contribution to the team then McGrady would always be MVP, which is , I think we all agree , wrong.
    It's very difficult to get best score in the league, and you can imagine what is like to lead that team. What is reward for that player ?
    Surely J.O'neal or Peja would not get award.
    Most Outstanding Player is good idea and it would certainlty go to KG. Since there isn't that kind of reward he'll be MVP.
    Maybe it will help him to finally beat someone in the 1st round

19. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtVision:</div><div class="quote_post">The MVP is not just about the best player on the best team in the league. If it was then it would be the most boring selection process in the world. It should be about who contributed to their teams success the most, and abou who is the best player in the NBA.

If anyone thinks that Peja is the best player in the league hands down then hook me up with what you are smoking, it must be some good sh!t. KG and maybe Duncan (but he has been injured frequently this season) are the best of the best.</div>MVP=Most Valuable Player to his team. Where would Sac Town be without Peja's scoring? With Webber out the first half of the season, where would the scoring come from? He is more valuable to that team than you might think.

20. Nemanja

Nemanja JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.nba.com/statistics/index.html

2003-04 Regular Season Points Per Game
    Player G FG FT P PG
    1. Predrag Stojakovic (Sacramento Kings) 81 665 394 1,964 24.2
    1. Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves) 82 804 368 1,987 24.2

Peja 1964 points / 81 games = 24,246913580246913580246913580247
    K G 1987 points / 82 games = 24,231707317073170731707317073171

PEJA FOR MVP!