“Sugar” Shane Mosley vs. Saul Canelo Alvarez: A genuine mismatch

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Former three division champion Shane Mosley was a terrific boxer, talented and skilled but Kronos has done his job. The current WBC light middleweight champion Saul Alvarez is a young lion, hungry for fame and glory but he is over protected and spoon-fed.

Beside casual boxing fans as a friend of mine who thinks Shane is still in his prime and believes that Mosley is a real threat to Canelo. Only Mosley fans must still believe that He deserves a chance to dispute a world title. A year ago, in his last fight he lost to Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao in the poorest performance of his long boxing career. My friend strongly believes inactivity wont hurt Mosley’s reflexes or timing (what?).

A neighbor of mine thinks Mosley is too experienced for Alvarez, but he also believes Shane is in his early thirties. He was astonished when he heard Shane is already 40 and has 19 years as a pro; He said it cannot be possible because he had never heard of him before. He was not aware Shane beat Oscar De la Hoya twice, uh! The main reason might be that he was only 11 years old when Sugar faced the Golden Boy.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/02...anelo-alvarez-a-genuine-mismatch/#more-101733