Summer Trade Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by playaofthegame, Apr 16, 2007.

1. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (High54Life @ Jun 25 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There was a rumor or something saying that Phoenix was working out Brewer and Noah. I think the Suns will trade down.</div>Down or up?

2. DRob-50-Forever

You think Pierce would consider Artest a good enough "co star". I wouldn't mind that as long as he stayed inline.Boston Trades: Theo's contract, Tony Allen and PoweKings Trade: Artest and SalmonsBoston why?: They get an all-star caliber player and one of the leagues top defensive players. Takes tons of pressure off Pierce on the defensive end and Artest's offesense has always been underated. Salmons adds another vet aswell.Kings why?: They don't want Artest. They get cap relief and a couple youngsters. I could see Powe getting some minutes and if Allen is healthy he is a solid rotation player and better than Salmons(who makes 4x the money). They seem to be trying to rebuild a little bit. So this is a nice move for them. Or if they can't nab Pierce a sidekick...Boston trades: Pierce, Telfair the #32 pickClippers trade: Cassel(expiring), Maggette(only 2 years left), Williams(expiring), Rebraca(expiring), and the #14 pick.Boston why:? They committ to the rebuild finally. They clear up room to resign the youngsters and nab another first round pick.Clippers why?: They get a true all-star to put with Brand and get rid of CMaggz. Pierce would probably play great in his home town. They also get a young point, which they would have taken in the draft. The Clippers look better after this trade imo.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ Jun 26 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You think Pierce would consider Artest a good enough "co star". I wouldn't mind that as long as he stayed inline.

Boston Trades: Theo's contract, Tony Allen and Powe

Kings Trade: Artest and Salmons

Boston why?: They get an all-star caliber player and one of the leagues top defensive players. Takes tons of pressure off Pierce on the defensive end and Artest's offesense has always been underated. Salmons adds another vet aswell.

Kings why?: They don't want Artest. They get cap relief and a couple youngsters. I could see Powe getting some minutes and if Allen is healthy he is a solid rotation player and better than Salmons(who makes 4x the money). They seem to be trying to rebuild a little bit. So this is a nice move for them.
    Or if they can't nab Pierce a sidekick...

Boston trades: Pierce, Telfair the #32 pick

Clippers trade: Cassel(expiring), Maggette(only 2 years left), Williams(expiring), Rebraca(expiring), and the #14 pick.

Boston why:? They committ to the rebuild finally. They clear up room to resign the youngsters and nab another first round pick.

Clippers why?: They get a true all-star to put with Brand and get rid of CMaggz. Pierce would probably play great in his home town. They also get a young point, which they would have taken in the draft. The Clippers look better after this trade imo.</div>
    Wyc removed Telfair's nameplate and publicly announced he was "done" in Boston, you think he'd tolerate having a guy like Ron Artest around? I doubt it, and quite frankly, I don't want that headcase around our young players.

Also, if we do end up dealing Pierce, I think we should pursue something other than Maggette and the #14 pick. I doubt Cassell would report here, by the way.

4. DRob-50-Forever

Cassell is an expiring deal. It's basically the 14th and caproom to lock up the youngsters.

5. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

trading for Artest is like a 1 year rental.. after that he's too unstable to trust.I seriously think the guy needs meds or heavy psychiatric treatment

6. time takes time

time takes time BBW Member

here's an idea I thought of a second ago. I know I'm just speculatin and it will probably never happen, but I think it makes sense, for boston atleast. it seems logical overall.Boston Receives:Jermaine O'NealIndiana Receives:Theo RatliffGerald GreenSebastian Telfair2008 1st round pick2008 2nd round pic (if necessary)Why for boston?well, it pretty much makes them a very very stacked team in the east. if they can get a star post like O'Neal without giving up Al I think they should pull the trigger.Why for Indiana?it's clear this team is looking to rebuild. The future is going to be built around Danny Granger, Marquis Daniels, and Ike Diogu. Bringing in a huge expiring contract and a possible future leading scorer like gerald green could be a great deal for them.Boston line-up:Rajon Rondo/ Brevin Knight(assuming they sign him, I think they will)/PruittRay Allen/ Tony Allen/Allen Ray(ha)Paul Pierce/Brian ScalabrineAl Jefferson/Ryan Gomes/Leon PoweJermaine O'Neal/Kendrick Perkinsbooyah. that team could make it to the finals.

7. DRob-50-Forever

I am not in favor of moving West and Green both. I think moving West, is or should be an idicator that Danny is not gonna make the same type of mistakes Pitino did. Keep Green/Jefferson/Rondo, they will become the new faces of the franchise. I would like to move Theo aswell but not with Green.

8. time takes time

yeah I understand where you're coming from definitely. but my thoughts are that we have an asset in a large expiring deal, and we are one big piece away from a large run. just making a suggestion. If TA wasn't such a bonehead and didn't hurt his knee this would be different.

9. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (time takes time @ Jun 30 2007, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>here's an idea I thought of a second ago. I know I'm just speculatin and it will probably never happen, but I think it makes sense, for boston atleast. it seems logical overall.

Boston Receives:
    Jermaine O'Neal

Indiana Receives:
    Theo Ratliff
    Gerald Green
    Sebastian Telfair
    2008 1st round pick
    2008 2nd round pic (if necessary)

Why for boston?
    well, it pretty much makes them a very very stacked team in the east. if they can get a star post like O'Neal without giving up Al I think they should pull the trigger.

Why for Indiana?
    it's clear this team is looking to rebuild. The future is going to be built around Danny Granger, Marquis Daniels, and Ike Diogu. Bringing in a huge expiring contract and a possible future leading scorer like gerald green could be a great deal for them.

Boston line-up:
    Rajon Rondo/ Brevin Knight(assuming they sign him, I think they will)/Pruitt
    Ray Allen/ Tony Allen/Allen Ray(ha)
    Paul Pierce/Brian Scalabrine
    Al Jefferson/Ryan Gomes/Leon Powe
    Jermaine O'Neal/Kendrick Perkins

booyah. that team could make it to the finals.</div>
    http://www.bballworld.us/forum/While-every...tar-t32883.html

10. DRob-50-Forever

Well the Suns are trying to dump salary. How about renting Kurt Thomas for a year and bring back Banks?Theo for Kurt Thomas and Marcus Banks?

11. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ Jul 1 2007, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well the Suns are trying to dump salary. How about renting Kurt Thomas for a year and bring back Banks?

Theo for Kurt Thomas and Marcus Banks?</div>
    No. Like you mentioned, Thomas is only a 1-year rental player, and Marcus' contract is too hefty. Not to mention, we just drafted Gabe Pruitt, who I would take over Marcus Banks as it is. I wouldn't do this.

12. DRob-50-Forever

How about Theo's deal in a sign-and-trade for Darko?They sign Darko to about 5-6 per and ship him to the C's along with Arroyo or Dooling(which ever the Magice prefer). The C's would have to throw in some money and/or pick(s). Thoughts?

13. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ Jul 4 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How about Theo's deal in a sign-and-trade for Darko?

They sign Darko to about 5-6 per and ship him to the C's along with Arroyo or Dooling(which ever the Magice prefer). The C's would have to throw in some money and/or pick(s). Thoughts?</div>
    No. Darko is cocky, unproven, and way too greedy.

14. time takes time

here's a good idea for Marcus Camby.Boston Receives:Marcus CambyDamon JonesBoston Trades:Sebastian TelfairTheo Ratliff2nd Round PickDenver Receives:Theo RatliffIra Newble2nd round Pick (BOS)1st Round Pick (CLE)Denver Trades:Marcus CambyEduardo NajeraCleveland Receives:Sebastian TelfairEduardo NajeraCleveland Trades:Damon JonesIra Newble1st Round Pick--------------------------------------line-ups and reasoningBOSTONRajon Rondo/Damon Jones/Gabe PruittRay Allen/Allen Ray/Tony AllenPaul Pierce/Gerald Green/Brian ScalabrineAl Jefferson/Ryan Gomes/Leon PoweMarcus Camby/Kendrick PerkinsWhy?-They get a quality center without giving up much needed talent. Camby is an excellent force defensively, definitely one of the best shotblockers in the league. A problem is obviously him being injury prone. But when he is healthy he is more than solid.-A lot would complain about getting Jones, and I'm personally not a fan, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I highly doubt we'd be able to get Steve Blake from Denver for Telfair. That's why I even added in cleveland to begin with. Regardless, he's still a pretty good shooter, he has finals experience on two different teams, and two years left on his contract.DENVERSteve Blake(assuming they re-sign him)/(Allen Iverson)Allen Iverson/JR SmithCarmelo Anthony/Ira NewbleKenyon Martin/Linas KleizaNene Hilario/Theo RatliffWhy?-Supposedly, Denver is looking to clear up some cap room. Theo gives them an expiring contract, and they get rid of two fairly overpaid players in Camby and Najera.CLEVELANDDaniel Gibson/Sebastian Telfair/Eric SnowLarry Hughes/Shannon BrownLeBron James/Donyell MarshallDrew Gooden/Eduardo NajeraZydrunas Ilgauskas/Anderson VarejaoWhy?-Cleveland needs another ballhandler to take pressure off of LeBron. Last year in the finals, it was pretty atrocious because no one could initiate any offense, because they didn't have any ballhandlers. Sebastian Telfair could possibly fit in nicely in this role. He's a very good slasher, all he really needed to work on was finishing last year, and I don't think he needs to do finish as much if he goes to cleveland.-Eduardo Najera is a great glue guy to bring in to a contending team. He hustles, plays good defense, and fosters chemistry. Great addition.

15. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Personally, I don't think Denver will deal Camby. Everyone brings up the age issue, but if the guy just had one of his more better and healthier years in his career, Denver will keep him. He's obviously in a lot of trade rumors because Denver supposedly wants Nene to really blossom into their premier post player.. Camby is just as valuable, in my opinion.

16. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

so if not camby, whose salary does Denver dump.everyone has heard that they're looking to cut payroll, so they gotta ditch a big contract.

17. DRob-50-Forever

I came up with a crazy 4-team deal...Boston trades: Theo RatliffWashington trades: Brendan Haywood and Darius SongailaHouston trades: Rafer AlstonCleveland trades: Damon Jones and Zydrunas IlgauskasBoston gets: Brendan Haywood and Damon JonesWashington gets: Zydrunas IlgauskasHouston gets: Darius SongailaCleveland gets: Theo Ratliff and Rafer AlstonBoston why?: They get a decent 7 footer and a savy veteran for Theo's valuable expiring deal. Haywood will most likely win the starting 5 spot from Perkins and back a nice frontcourt mate for Big Al. Boston solidifies their frontcourt rotation and adds another veteran with playoff experience(although he is primarily a trade filler and won't get tons of pt)Washington why?: They become legit contenders out of the east and end the feud that's been fueling in pratice between Haywood and Thomas. Z is obviously their new starter and fits into their system pretty well.Houston why?: With the re-arrival of James Alston become expendable. The Rockets need some energy, tougness and size. Songaila embodies all of those things and likely starts alongside Yao in the frontcourt. This would be a smart move for them.Cleveland why?: You may be thinking they are giving up a lot here and not getting much of anything in return. Well the Cavs primarily need two things, offense and cap space. By moving Z they are able to match any offer made to Varejo with Theo's deal coming off the books. The Cavs also need some offense, a point guard and some shooting...Rafer Alston is all of those things. Z doesn't really fit into the type of play the Cavs are looking to run. Alston makes up for the points lost by loosing Z and then some. Alston also likely becomes the starting point. Varejo starts at the 5 and gets tons of easy buckets and likely grabs more rebounds than Z.Overall each team benefits from this trade. On paper it may look like the Cavs are getting the raw end of the deal but actually they get what they need. Boston and Washington both solve their problems in the middle and Houston quietly grabs their starting 4. I love this deal for all teams involved. Thoughts?

18. CelticBalla32

I don't see Big Z going anywhere, nor do I think he could fit in Washington's system. D-Jones isn't my idea of a veteran point guard. Houston could probably get better value for Skip, especially if they package him.

I honestly don't like this deal much for any team, sorry.

19. DRob-50-Forever

It is rumored the Cavs have made all their bigs available. Z is getting up their in age and the Cavs would love to clear up some space and lock up Varejo. As I said Damon is mostly a filler. Songalia is underrated and I don't see Skip having a ton of trade value.

20. CelticBalla32

I certainly agree that Songaila is underrated, but as I said above - they can get better value for Skip, especially if they package him (which they can afford to do since they have James and Head).