Summer Trade Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by playaofthegame, Apr 16, 2007.

1. time takes time

time takes time BBW Member

real quick idea ( I have to leave in a second), but I kind of like it.Theo RatliffSebastian TelfairforZydrunas IlgauskasDamon JonesCleveland gets a ball handler that they need, and an expiring contract. Boston gets a solild center and a "veteran" back-up point guard. yeah I know, it's still Damon Jones, but I would definitely do this deal.

2. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Damon Jones' life is a kill.Ilgauskas is a stiff if I've ever seen one.

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Z clogs up the middle, Jones adds nothing to the team

4. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

I don't think Z would be a good fit at all.

5. Flaco

Flaco BBW Member

Danny said yesterday that the roster is in no way finished. Could this mean that he's still possibly chasing Garnett or somewhat of another all-star? Or maybe just singning a MLE?

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I believe that we will sign a free agent as well as move Theo's contract.

7. DRob-50-Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 7 2007, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I believe that we will sign a free agent as well as move Theo's contract.</div>That is ideal. I am very anxious to see what Aigne gets for Theo.

8. Celtics4Life

Celtics4Life BBW Member

There's a topic on the Realgm board, about this, and it sounds really good.Camby, Evans for Green, Gomes, Ratliff, and a 2nd RounderOur lineup would look like:RondoAllenPierceJeffersonCambyBench : Allen, Powe, Perkins, Telfair, Pruitt, Scal, Evans, Wallace, Davis, Ray?Now if that team stays healthy, we should win the Eastern Conference IMO.-Green wasn't going to play much anyways with Ray Allen, Pierce, and Tony.- Although Gomes is a great player to have on your team, I belive from watching Powe, that he can make up for the loss of Gomes.- Evans is a verygood rebounder.I would do this trade in a heartbeat, what about you?

9. Celtics4Life

Celtics4Life BBW Member

Idk, if this has been said already, but.....Camby and Evans -for- Gerald, Gomes, Ratliff, and a 2nd Rounder.

10. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Celtics4Life @ Jul 12 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Idk, if this has been said already, but.....

Camby and Evans -for- Gerald, Gomes, Ratliff, and a 2nd Rounder.</div>
    I wouldn't give up Gomes in that deal, and I highly doubt we end up with Marcus Camby.

11. Celtics4Life

Celtics4Life BBW Member

Gomes would have to play the 3 spot if we ended up keeping him.Rondo/ Telfair?Pierce / Tony AllenR. Allen/ Gomes? WallaceAl Jeff/ PoweCamby/ PerkIt all depends how well his 3 point shooting is coming along.

12. Living_Legend33

Living_Legend33 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Celtics4Life @ Jul 12 2007, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There's a topic on the Realgm board, about this, and it sounds really good.Camby, Evans for Green, Gomes, Ratliff, and a 2nd RounderOur lineup would look like:RondoAllenPierceJeffersonCambyBench : Allen, Powe, Perkins, Telfair, Pruitt, Scal, Evans, Wallace, Davis, Ray?Now if that team stays healthy, we should win the Eastern Conference IMO.-Green wasn't going to play much anyways with Ray Allen, Pierce, and Tony.- Although Gomes is a great player to have on your team, I belive from watching Powe, that he can make up for the loss of Gomes.- Evans is a verygood rebounder.I would do this trade in a heartbeat, what about you?</div>I'm sorry but that bench is one of the worst in the league. Actually I'll go out on a limb and say it would be THE worst bench in the league. Perkins is the 6th man and he's only a decent backup. Nobody knows how Tony Allen will recover. The rest have pretty much no value at this point in time. Everyone is getting way to worked up about Powe. It's the summer league. Wait for him to prove himself against guys that will actually be in the league before we start singing his praises. That team could win the East, but I wouldn't say they should win it.

13. Celtics4Life

Celtics4Life BBW Member

LivingLegend, I believe with that bench, what you really need, is a person to come in and play good solid defense. Which I believe Perk and Tony can both do. We don't need alot of scoring off the bench with Pierce, R. Allen, and Jefferson starting, most of the shots will be from them. Powe did pretty well at the end of last year as well. You might say that he wasn't going against ala Tim Duncan, and other superstars, but he was playing in compition higher than the summer league. The teams that could stop the Celtics are as follows: Miami and Detroit.( Now I may have forgot others considering its 1 o' clock in the morning and it isn't exactly thinking time for me). Detroit stands the biggest chance at stopping us, because of their trio of 4. But we as well will have four. Look at the starting lineups.......Detroit....Billups > RondoHamilton < Ray AllenPrince < PierceWallace = JeffersonWebber < CambyMiami....Williams = Rondo IMOWade > Ray AllenTwoine? < PierceHaslem < JeffersonShaq > Cambyand its not like Camby is terrible either, he won Defensive player of the year.Now, some team like the Cavs, Wizards or Magic or Nets, may get hot, but I still belive the celtics could beat that cavs team this year and last year with this unit.

14. DRob-50-Forever

Brilliant idea here...Washington is trying to dump so salary, so let's take some.C's trade: Theo's expiringWizards trade: Daniels and HaywoodC's why?: They fill their 3 main needs in this deal. Veteran pressence, veteran point, and solid big man.Wizards why?: They shed the contracts of two players of which they are actively trying.If the Wizards need more incentive than this a pick could be added, but I think they would bite on this. The C's come away looking rather nice!Rondo/DanielsAllen/AllenPierce/GreenJefferson/GomesHaywood/PerkinsVery solid rotation, not a single weak spot. Daniels may eve start if Rondo's growing pains become unbearable.

15. CelticBalla32

Decent. That deal would definitely fill 3 huge holes on this team: experience, a defensive presence at the 5, and a veteran point guard. I'd love this deal, but I also think that Theo's contract may be more valuable around the trade deadline for something bigger.

We'd also probably have to throw something else in there.

16. time takes time

I would love having AD. we'd probably have to throw in a pick, or Allan Ray or something. Just theo is not enough, but I like it.

17. Celtics4Life

Celtics4Life BBW Member

I like Antonio daniels, but not so high on haywood.

18. time takes time

haywood is solid. he's a better option that what we have now.

19. DRob-50-Forever

Haywood is something the C's don't have right now, a legit 7 footer.

20. CelticBalla32

I, along with valo, have talked about Haywood in other threads as well. We both agree that Haywood has been kind of held back a bit in Washington with their faster paced offense. Here, we are going to have a nice balanced attack, and I think Haywood would be excellent.

Let's face it, we aren't getting a guy like Marcus Camby. More realistic options are guys like Haywood, Etan Thomas, Joel Przybilla, etc. I like Haywood the best of all the reasonable options out there, and I think we could get him cheaper than what he'll actually contribute. A serious 7 footer at the 5 who uses his size well, plays defense, and rebounds.

Like I said in another thread, if we don't fill fill at least one of our needs by the end of camp, I (along with most fans) will be very disappointed. Let's go Danny.