Suns @ Warriors---11/20

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Half way thru the first...what an entertaining game. Dunleavy is playing amazing off the bench AGAIN, even taking a charge defensively. This should be the most entertaining game of the season thus far.

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Why The Hell Is Baron Not Playing?!

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

He bruised his ribs. I had that happen. It sucks.

4. Custodianrules2

Damn, what's with all the turnovers? The warriors seem to throw it away on every third posession or so.

5. Custodianrules2

Nice shot by Biedrins! Gets fouled in the act and he makes the three point play too.

I'm impressed with Pietrus tonight. He was kind of sloppy with the ball but he wasn't picking up stupid fouls and he's been very productive across the board. He's got 5 blocks, I think. 50++% shooting.

Ellis owns Barbosa. LOL.

6. Rudeezy

That dunk by Ellis got me on my feet!!!

7. Custodianrules2

Simply great game. Very few appearances of Murphy, Dunleavy has 5 charges drawn, and Pietrus has 5 or 6 blocks. Ellis is becoming a true inside/outside threat where if he improves his playmaking, he'll be franchise level type guard.

Damn Biedrins would have brought down the house with that move on James Jones. But he's got his 5th foul now on the offensive foul.

Dunleavy with a nice drive and lefty finish. What ambidexterity!

8. Custodianrules2

Nash what a shot!

9. Custodianrules2

awwwwww. There's the game. Jrich had a super clean look and he missed it. Doh!

10. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Wow, terrible shot by JRich, maybe he wasn't expecting to be that wide open. I know I shouldn't be upset with this loss, with Baron out against a good team, but this one hurts. Warriors definitely let one slip away with too many mental mistakes.

11. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

I'd blame the loss on too many TO's and lack of perimeter defense. Not to mention we didnt have Baron, and Suns caught a break when Monta cramped up.

12. Custodianrules2

Lots of rookie mistakes, but it's a learning process. Too bad Jrich isn't in game season mode. He shot 38% from behind the arc on average of 6 attempts per game and he couldn't nail this open look. Damn.

Dunleavy and the rookies each got something like 4 or 5 turnovers each. Pietrus, I consider still a rookie. He's productive when he's under control and he's not trying to do too much on his own, but he doesn't know all the basketball skills that can make him a all-star or franchise player shooting guard. It's like the comments Barnett would make about Pietrus' game. It's true the guy is raw like veteran Adonal Foyle. But that's why Pietrus was drafted at #9 over a more sure thing because he's got all that upside where if he learns how to play ball, he'll be damned good. He's shown a lot of moves tonight and managed very good fg%. The shots he missed weren't his fault IMO because the team wasn't giving him enough time to get a good look at the basket and make something happen. They give him the ball with 5-7 seconds left. But I like Pietrus' pump fakes and willingness to go to the post and use the up and under moves.

13. Rudeezy

Do we really want JRich shooting that shot? The guy still isnt healthy and doesnt have his legs under him and it showed with that last missed shot. I would have rather of had Dunleavy shooting that one.

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">openglfx Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd blame the loss on too many TO's and lack of perimeter defense. Not to mention we didnt have Baron, and Suns caught a break when Monta cramped up.</div>

I blame our loss on Steve Nash. What a f-cker!

15. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rudeezy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do we really want JRich shooting that shot? The guy still isnt healthy and doesnt have his legs under him and it showed with that last missed shot. I would have rather of had Dunleavy shooting that one.</div>

Wow Dunleavy shooting that one? Man they'd boo his ass out of town, heh. Heartbreaker it is. Still early in the season, I hope we get redemption the next time we face em.

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I blame our loss on Steve Nash. What a f-cker!</div>

I totally agree, damn Steve Nash! I double damn him!

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Rudeezy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do we really want JRich shooting that shot? The guy still isnt healthy and doesnt have his legs under him and it showed with that last missed shot. I would have rather of had Dunleavy shooting that one.</div>

Actually, If Pietrus wouldn't blow the play, I'd like him to shoot it more than Dun. I think % wise, Dun and Pietrus are about the same, but I think Pietrus has nailed more memorable buzzer beaters. Heck even Troy could shoot it, but he wasn't warm, I guess.

Maybe we could get Biedrins to shoot it. You know, just for fun? It would have been a great prelude to an overtime game to see the one Euro who can't shoot outside of 9 feet, sink a 27 foot monster from another area code.

17. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Tough loss, I really wanted them to win but at least we lost respectably and proved we can play. Another great game by Monta, very solid games again by Dun, Pietrus, and Biedrins. Murphy also did very well rebounding in his limited minutes and Barnes was ok too. Phoenix lived by the three tonight, there wasn't a whole lot we could do.

As for the last shot, we really didn't have much better option than to go to JR. He had to hit a 3 off the dribble and after a pump fake which adds to the difficulty plus he doesn't have all his legs under him. If Murphy was in it would have helped alot because JR could have passed it to Murph for a spot up shot after the pump fake (much easier than JR's shot), I really have no idea why Biedrins was in.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">openglfx Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow Dunleavy shooting that one? Man they'd boo his ass out of town, heh. Heartbreaker it is. Still early in the season, I hope we get redemption the next time we face em.

I totally agree, damn Steve Nash! I double damn him!</div>

Yeah that was a heartbreaker but it was a good game nonetheless. I saw some things I didn't see before in our players and it's all because they're a year older and getting playing time and Foyle is warming the bench and the Fish is in Utah.

Steve Nash is awesome. He's my favorite non-Warriors player right next to Tim Duncan. Yao is also really growing on me. The guy looks pretty awesome consistently now.

19. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Yeah, I'd say Pietrus should have taken that shot. He was hot tonight, 10-18 overall and 3-5 from 3 pt land. And this game proves that Biedrins is a liability to have in the game down the stretch. The Suns knew this and took advantage of it. They really could have used Ike in there at the end.

But in the end, there were a lot of positives from this game. I am concerned about the upcoming schedule if we don't get Baron and Ike back healthy though. In the next nine games, they get:

Denver x 2
    San Antonio x 2
    Houston x 2
    Utah
    Indiana
    Milwaukee
    New Orleans / OK City
    Seattle
    Sacramento
    Phoenix

Gonna be tough, they need to get healthy fast.

20. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Great game from everyone. Particularly Monta, Beans, Pietrus, and Dunleavy. Monta just took over the game, this is what he must have looked like in highschool when he averaged 38 ppg his senior year.

If Monta didn't cramp up, we'd have a different story tonight.