'Sup fam

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by RiverspoonJones, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

No need to apologize to Voodoo Child.

There are some people that take offense when they are "outed." Voodoo has made some of the most outrageous statements that I've heard on this site, and any time I've challenged him on it, he's tried to make it personal.

Don't throw nothing that you can't catch, Voodoo. It really isn't that serious, fam. It's Just BBall.

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

If he gets picked over Wayne Simien or Ronny Turiaf it's a crime.

There, I reposted it. Everyone happy?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't throw nothing that you can't catch, Voodoo. </div>

For the record, I still think Carmelo Anthony is a thug, and it's not because he's black; it's because of his actions. Also, the confederate flag is a symbol of Southern pride to a lot of people and not a symbol of racism.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">If he gets picked over Wayne Simien or Ronny Turiaf it's a crime.

There, I reposted it. Everyone happy?
    </div>

Nup. Who's 'he'?

Show some respect, my child.

4. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pwn3d!:</div><div class="quote_post">Nup. Who's 'he'?

Show some respect, my child.</div>

Not sure, but that was the orriginial post I made.

5. Iron Shiek

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post"> For the record, I still think Carmelo Anthony is a thug, and it's not because he's black; it's because of his actions. Also, the confederate flag is a symbol of Southern pride to a lot of people and not a symbol of racism.</div>

If that avatar and those comments were the only outrageous things that have been associated with you, I wouldn't have even replied in this thread.

Keep it clean, fellas. This thread is getting hot.

6. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">If that avatar and those comments were the only outrageous things that have been associated with you, I wouldn't have even replied in this thread.</div>

Oh? Shoot me a PM about it then.

7. Iron Shiek

8. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">Some interesting reading that I thought you would find interesting Voodoo:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...whitlock/050512

When it comes from your own, there just might be some merit to it.</div>

I acknowledge that racism exists; I just don't think that it plays as big of a role in the NBA today. Just for the record, I thought that Allen Iverson and LeBron James were more deserving of the MVP award than both Nash and O'Neal, and a year or two ago I was posting how Charles Rodgers should win the Heisman. The times I become upset by the race card being used are the times when it's completely unnecessary. I don't feel like race is playing a role in the NBA's upcoming age limit (especially when you consider there were about 8-12 white All-Americans this year), and I don't feel that race played a role in Americans rooting against Team USA (although I think a lot of people, myself included, did not like the team because they did not like the players... race aside). By the way, if I personally wanted to see white players succeed more than black, then why would I make a post in this thread that said Simien/Turiaf were better than Bogut?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> I'll go a step further. I have another best friend, Jason Kidd. He left Phoenix and went to a team [New Jersey] that had been in the toilet for years and took them to the NBA Finals. Part of me wonders if Jason wasn't just half-white and had floppy hair flying around, what that MVP vote would've been. </div>

I've actually said this same exact thing before. As soon as Nash's name came up in MVP discussions, the first thing I said was "What about my boy JKidd? He was in the same exact situation two years ago and lost the award."