Super bowl hangover

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Bearsfan1, Sep 24, 2006.

1. fearthefro085

fearthefro085 nfl-*****s member

well...thanks to that bone-crushing first 3 games...

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, the Bengals are overrated. They won't get far this year either.</div>
    Bengals overrated? People have been gushing about how they're gonna fall off because of their legal troubles all off season, and have put Baltimore and Pittsburgh in front of them in just about every article iv'e read, to say their overrated is rediculous, if anything the Ravens and Steelers are overrated.</div>
    Care to rephrase after that butt whipping by the Pats?

3. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Pittsburgh is in one of the more competitive divisions in the league. You may see 3/4 of these teams make the playoffs. All three of the other AFC divisions will likely produce one playoff team.

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Hangover in full effect

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>Care to rephrase after that butt whipping by the Pats?</div>
    Nope not after the ASS whippin the steelers got at the hands of Sand Diego tonight! The Bengals are still twice the team Pittsburgh is, New England has been a dangerous team that cannot be taken lightly, the Bengals defense played like last years defense, and the Pats just straight up out played them last week.

6. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Steelers are truly suffering from the Super Bowl hangover. Picking them to beat the Chargers just went and messed up my chances of winning this week in my pick 'em league.

Note to self: Stop picking the Steelers to win ball games!

7. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

People wrote them off last year...and look what happened. San Diego is a good team. I don't think the Steelers are quite ready to roll over and play dead yet.

8. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>People wrote them off last year...and look what happened. San Diego is a good team. I don't think the Steelers are quite ready to roll over and play dead yet.</div>
    I officially write off steelers for the season.

9. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

I just thought I'd remind everyone who picked the Chargers to unseat the Steelers as SB champs this season - THIS GUY! [​IMG] I know it's early, but SD looks very strong. Granted they lost to Baltimore last week, but the younthful Chargers are only going to improve as the season goes on IMO.

10. Steelerfan_2005

Are you sure about writing us off? Seems a bit premature. Bears almost lose to the Cardinals, looks like a crack in the foundation.

11. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just thought I'd remind everyone who picked the Chargers to unseat the Steelers as SB champs this season - THIS GUY! [​IMG] I know it's early, but SD looks very strong. Granted they lost to Baltimore last week, but the younthful Chargers are only going to improve as the season goes on IMO.</div>
    Yep, youth and steroids can take you anywhere, just don't get caught. hah hah Merriman must have been training with David Boston.

The Steelers visit the Raiders this week. I expect that the leagues best pass defense will take Charlie Batch's head off at just the right time. Watch out for Burgess coming off the right side, and you had better put extra blocking on him. Keep the ball away from Heinz Ward, and don't throw the ball to Steeler secondary. That is how the Raiders win this week.

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I expect that the leagues best pass defense will take Charlie Batch's head off at just the right time.</div>
    You dont really think the Raiders have a good pass defense do you? It couldnt have anything to do with being so far down in games that teams arent trying to throw....No, thats crazy....it must be thier superior talent....

13. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I expect that the leagues best pass defense will take Charlie Batch's head off at just the right time.</div>
    You dont really think the Raiders have a good pass defense do you? It couldnt have anything to do with being so far down in games that teams arent trying to throw....No, thats crazy....it must be thier superior talent....</div>
    The first two games were that way, but the same can't be said for the last 4. Yes, I am very happy with the Raiders' pass defense. The defense was able to stop the pass as well as the run this week. We'll see if Pittsburgh can run at will this Sunday. I think the Raiders will play run the whole way. Granted, Batch has been filling in very well this season. I think it's all about Heinz Ward vs. the smaller Raider defenders. The Raiders have to give him a lot of respect in the 10-20 yard range.

14. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I expect that the leagues best pass defense will take Charlie Batch's head off at just the right time.</div>
    You dont really think the Raiders have a good pass defense do you? It couldnt have anything to do with being so far down in games that teams arent trying to throw....No, thats crazy....it must be thier superior talent....</div>
    The first two games were that way, but the same can't be said for the last 4. Yes, I am very happy with the Raiders' pass defense. The defense was able to stop the pass as well as the run this week. We'll see if Pittsburgh can run at will this Sunday. I think the Raiders will play run the whole way. Granted, Batch has been filling in very well this season. I think it's all about Heinz Ward vs. the smaller Raider defenders. The Raiders have to give him a lot of respect in the 10-20 yard range.</div>
    Take off batchs head, hmm? well, the raiders do have the 31st ranked pass rush with a mighty 9 sacks.

Why does oakland give up so few yards? Maybe that they face 4 less passing atts than every other team in the league per game.

One thing batch can look forward to is that the raiders have given up 8 TDs in just 145 atts against.

15. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Take off batchs head, hmm? well, the raiders do have the 31st ranked pass rush with a mighty 9 sacks.

Why does oakland give up so few yards? Maybe that they face 4 less passing atts than every other team in the league per game.

One thing batch can look forward to is that the raiders have given up 8 TDs in just 145 atts against.</div>
    Oh, I guess Big Ben was this week's victim, not Charlie. My Bad!

2 interceptions for touchdowns. One of which was by our full-time *KICK RETURNER* for 100 yards.

LOL about what you said about what Batch can look forward to! By the way, Pittsburgh was down the whole game, they passed a lot.

RAIDERS!!!

16. Steelerfan_2005

Wow. I have to say, I am stunned. Didn't see that coming.

You can't win a game where you have 4 INT's, even when you hold the other team to under 100 total yards in offense.

17. Bearsfan1

I said it once, and i will say it again

I have officially wrote off the steelers, and i stand by it.

18. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Yeah I think we can officially stick a fork in the Terrible Towels for '06.

19. Steelerfan_2005

I can't get over how good the defense is and how bad the offense is. One minute everything is clicking, the next, TURNOVER. A million fumbles coupled with a zillion interceptions. No amount of talent will win games if you average 3-4 turnovers a game.

Oakland was horrible, but they only turned the ball over once. I'm beside myself by the way the season is going.

20. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2005)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't get over how good the defense is and how bad the offense is. One minute everything is clicking, the next, TURNOVER. A million fumbles coupled with a zillion interceptions. No amount of talent will win games if you average 3-4 turnovers a game.

Oakland was horrible, but they only turned the ball over once. I'm beside myself by the way the season is going.</div>
    but the important part is your still here.. and not running