SUPER BOWL XLII: New York Giants (13-6) vs New England Patriots (18-0)

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Dissonance19, Jan 24, 2008.

1. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

It was Karma.
    That's what happens when you screw over Bmore.

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What's this "Eazy E" stuff? Where were you "fans" in week 10?

And to all the people who said "I told you they would lose" it took you 19 weeks. Screw off with that.

The Patriots lost and I can accept that. The Giants deserved it. It's sad how classless the Giants fans are being. Acting like you've never won a game before.</div>

Look suicidal fan, I've been PMing Chutney about the Giants throughout the whole season, I don't know about other people but I'm legit. I've always liked the Manning Family.

Eazy E is what people call him, get over it.

I don't think many people are saying they like the Giants necessarily, they just don't like the Patriots. I however, have followed the Giants since Eli was drafted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Some thoughts on the game:

. I was talking to my dad about how the Giants offensive line was getting absolutely no credit. Eli was sacked once or twice the entire game and that was because of his receivers running shitty routes. The defensive line really did nothing and it was Adalius Thomas that was getting past the backs blocking and making plays. I'm so sad that they lost but it's just a football game and they're still a good team next year regardless of whether or not Moss comes back. I just don't wanna go undefeated again. There was way too much pressure on the players from the fans and the media to finish it. It was the super bowl they needed to win, not 19-0. We lost because of defensive lapses and Brady being pressured and not being able to step up in the pocket. Randy Moss gets double teamed every game. It isn't double coverage that's gonna stop the big play, it's shutting down the little guys like Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker and putting pressure on Tom Brady, not allowing him to step up in the pocket.

The Giants deserved to win but I don't think Eli deserved MVP. Tuck deserved MVP and will be the best player on the Giants and an all-pro in the future.</div>

Eli had great numbers in the game, he's easily an MVP candidate. Moss was also open on various plays and Brady just flat out missed him, Randy was mostly on-track yesterday.

3. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What's this "Eazy E" stuff? Where were you "fans" in week 10?

And to all the people who said "I told you they would lose" it took you 19 weeks. Screw off with that.

The Patriots lost and I can accept that. The Giants deserved it. It's sad how classless the Giants fans are being. Acting like you've never won a game before.</div>

The Giants fans are just happy that their team beat the best team in the league. I don't think any of them thought this would be easy. Just look at all their postings over the last year. No one saw this coming, so don't put words into people's mouths, otherwise you appear stupid.

It's justice that the Pats lost, they are cheaters and have run up the score on already beaten teams this season.

Allow me to help, I will send you a box of kleenex's, just send your mailing address to me. If not that, then let me send you a paddle so that you can navigate the river of tears more effectively.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Feb 4 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What's this "Eazy E" stuff? Where were you "fans" in week 10?

The Giants fans are just happy that their team beat the best team in the league. I don't think any of them thought this would be easy. Just look at all their postings over the last year. No one saw this coming, so don't put words into people's mouths, otherwise you appear stupid.

It's justice that the Pats lost, they are cheaters and have run up the score on already beaten teams this season.

Allow me to help, I will send you a box of kleenex's, just send your mailing address to me. If not that, then let me send you a paddle so that you can navigate the river of tears more effectively.
    </div>

Oh yeah lol, I forgot to mention this but why is a Patriot fan complaining about being "classless" or not? Ridiculous. Let the Giants Nation rejoice.

5. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Feb 4 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What's this "Eazy E" stuff? Where were you "fans" in week 10?

</div>

Would it be inconvenient to send it to my PO Box? [​IMG]

Ahh I'll get over this. I had my emotional moments last night as I lied down on my front lawn screaming ****. I'll get over this because I know we'll be back and Asante Samuel won't.

6. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Would it be inconvenient to send it to my PO Box? [​IMG]

Ahh I'll get over this. I had my emotional moments last night as I lied down on my front lawn screaming ****. I'll get over this because I know we'll be back and Asante Samuel won't.</div>

The Pats will be back in the playoffs next season. Even if they lose a few players here or there, it won't be enough to keep them out. The core will remain, and they will put up big numbers on offense once again. Losing that starting guard early wasn't in the game plan obviously.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Speaking about underrated Giants players, how about our running backs? They didn't get generate the offense that we usually expect from them, but time and time again they were able to pick up blitzing Patriots. On those final drives, they were absolutely crucial in providing Eli enough time to find his open WR's.

8. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

lol I wonder how Barber is feeling right now.

9. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Feb 4 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Speaking about underrated Giants players, how about our running backs? They didn't get generate the offense that we usually expect from them, but time and time again they were able to pick up blitzing Patriots. On those final drives, they were absolutely crucial in providing Eli enough time to find his open WR's.</div>

There was a little bit of Steve Young in that almost-sacked play, where he barely got away and threw that one circus catch to Tyree. That was mostly Eli, I think, because the protection had already broke down.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Feb 4 2008, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Feb 4 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Speaking about underrated Giants players, how about our running backs? They didn't get generate the offense that we usually expect from them, but time and time again they were able to pick up blitzing Patriots. On those final drives, they were absolutely crucial in providing Eli enough time to find his open WR's.</div>

There was a little bit of Steve Young in that almost-sacked play, where he barely got away and threw that one circus catch to Tyree. That was mostly Eli, I think, because the protection had already broke down.
    </div>
    I agree. That one play was all Eli and Tyree. But I really noticed their excellent blocking with the other plays that made up the two 4th quarter TD drives.

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Feb 4 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Feb 4 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Would it be inconvenient to send it to my PO Box? [​IMG]

Ahh I'll get over this. I had my emotional moments last night as I lied down on my front lawn screaming ****. I'll get over this because I know we'll be back and Asante Samuel won't.</div>

The Pats will be back in the playoffs next season. Even if they lose a few players here or there, it won't be enough to keep them out. The core will remain, and they will put up big numbers on offense once again. Losing that starting guard early wasn't in the game plan obviously.
    </div>

They'll put up big numbers but the Second half of the season they really started to struggle week after week almost.

12. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    This was the most hilarious ****ing thing ever. That last Giants drive will be on NFL Films for god knows how long and all the Patsies' heartbroken expressions on the sidelines will live for all eternity and be shown again and again. Priceless.

Patsie fans at my school got an ass-kicking on Monday from you-know-who. Awesome shit.

13. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3 2008, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Justice is served. All this time I have been hearing about how karma would eventually catch up to the Patriots, and well, karma did come! Later than expected, but in the end, karma still rules</div>

**** karma, the Patsies just ran into a brick wall (Giants D-line). That's all it was. Oh yeah and being exposed for taping all their previous Super Bowl games probably didn't help.