Sweet 16 Picks/Discussion

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Voodoo Child, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

The thing not to like about Morrison is that his intensity can kind of be a negative sometimes, and comes off as cockiness or insanity.

You'll see him freaking out at officials or other players, doing things like jumping up to the crowd and posing for them (after beating a team with a losing record by 1), and slam a basketball on his own head.

Not to mention the goofy trash he talks like when he told that kid, "If you died in a train wreck I wouldn't care." He just kind of seems like a spazz. [​IMG]

He's a great player though, and he plays hard.

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Fast Luck:</div><div class="quote_post">The thing not to like about Morrison is that his intensity can kind of be a negative sometimes, and comes off as cockiness or insanity. </div>
    He shares that kind of rabid intensity with some of the best players in the professional level too though (eg: Kobe). While it can be annoying, I got to respect the man for putting everything on the line. I felt conflicted at the end of the game. I originally wanted UCLA to win for my bracket, but I started rooting for Morrison as the game went on.

3. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

4. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">He shares that kind of rabid intensity with some of the best players in the professional level too though (eg: Kobe). While it can be annoying, I got to respect the man for putting everything on the line. I felt conflicted at the end of the game. I originally wanted UCLA to win for my bracket, but I started rooting for Morrison as the game went on.</div>I don't think I've seen Kobe smash the ball off his own head, Adam Morrison is a bit more out there.

I don't hate him at all but he can be a bit annoying, although also kind of interesting.

Here's a sad one.

[​IMG]

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

This describes my bracket in so many ways.

6. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Nice knowing all of you. I'm going to kill myself. Peace.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

YES I LOVE IT! I just need some more pictures of JJ Redick getting absolutly packed by LSU and I'm good. I went 4-4 last night in my bracket worth $200 [​IMG]

8. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

Good win by UCLA, i personally hate Morrison it seemed like he was going to commit suicide.

9. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dtpxcore:</div><div class="quote_post">Good win by UCLA, i personally hate Morrison it seemed like he was going to commit suicide.</div>

Don't understand how you can hate someone so passionate about the game. Call him a nutcase or diss his mustache, but he's the best player in college basketball and it's a shame we'll never get to see him play for Gonzaga again.

10. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dtpxcore:</div><div class="quote_post">Good win by UCLA, i personally hate Morrison it seemed like he was going to commit suicide.</div>
    Have you watched a single NCAA college basketball game all year? If not, how can you say you hate Morrison when you've really never seen him play? The kid goes out there and gives 110% and to beat it all off, he has diabetes. So please, explain to me why you hate a kid just because he's passionate about the game!

The game needs more Adam Morrison's if you ask me!

11. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I like how you have a quote from Kobe about how people hate on his game for no reason. Morrison's the same way. You might not like how he goes overboard sometimes, but you can't reasonably hate his game or his heart.

12. Shapecity

The irony is Kobe Bryant is huge Adam Morrison fan and checked into a game to watch the Zags face Pepperdine.

13. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Brackets suck. I went 0-4 on my Sweet 16 picks. [​IMG]

Seriously though, they annoy the hell out of me. It's all a crap shoot, and yet everyone thinks they're some kind of expert for picking Team A to beat Team B. Everyone from my grandmother to the guy bagging my groceries has an opinion on college basketball this time of year.

As for Adam Morrison, I actually saw a lot of hate towards the guy today. I was hanging out with some friends who don't follow college basketball much but watch during tourny time, and all of them unanimously agreed that Adam Morrison is an asshole because of his body language when he plays. As a fan of the game though, I can't help but love his intensity. I feel for the kid right now. Hopefully he'll come back for another year, although that looks very unlikely.

14. Shapecity

Adam Morrison looks like the Dr. Seuss character ... The Cat in the Hat with his moustache.

[​IMG]

15. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think what happened to Morrison was karma, I'm contstantly hearing how he is an arrogant person, and that he talks a lot of trash. There are always going to be those BS storys out there, but someone said he told someone in the first round 'Whose crying now?", if he did say that then you know what they say, what goes around comes around.

Not to mention dude broke down in tears when they still had a chance to tie the game up with two seconds left.

16. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5439590_7_3.jpg">

Carney

17. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

In case you all missed it, Villanova beat Boston College in OT 60-59. Boston College had the lead basically the whole game, but Villanova rallied back and turned it into a classic. Randy Foye scored almost half of Villanova's with 29(only one who scored in double-figures). Craig Smith played all the entire game and had 14 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 assists in a losing effort.

Villanova will take on Florida Sunday to see who goes to the Final Four!

18. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Mann, if Washington loses this game, they only have themselves to blame. They should've been up by 20 after the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. UConn played disgusting, turning the ball over left and right.

19. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Washington leads by 4 with 21 seconds left!

Gotta play shutdown defense on Brown and Anderson on this next possession...

20. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Rashad Anderson hits a 3 with 1 second left to tie it at 82.

Game is heading to overtime!