Sweet 16 Picks/Discussion

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Voodoo Child, Mar 19, 2006.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">Mann, if Washington loses this game, they only have themselves to blame. They should've been up by 20 after the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. UConn played disgusting, turning the ball over left and right.</div>

How you suppose to be up by 20 when the refs are killing you?!?! They should of never called that Double T, when they did that, that completely screwed over UW. Now they have to go to OT with out 2 of their best players with 4 more with 4 fouls [​IMG] You had a good run Shard [​IMG]

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

UConn committed how many turnovers before that double technical? The lead hovered around 10 points for most of the beginning, because Wash. wouldn't convert off of all those gimmes.

3. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">UConn committed how many turnovers before that double technical? The lead hovered around 10 points for most of the beginning, because Wash. wouldn't convert off of all those gimmes.</div>

How many calls did the refs give UConn? It's been complete crap, that goaltending that wasn't called turned the momentum. The Pac-10 gets screwed yet again...I'm tired of these east coast biased refs. Just let the kids play!

4. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Refs really kinda messed things up for Washington, that's all I'm gonna say.

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I'm completely awestruck. How the hell did Washington manage to lose this game? What a choke job. They can thank Mike Jensen for it too. Fouling Marcus Williams on that layup could be the dumbest moves I've seen in college basketball all season. That kid must feel like shi<font color=""Black"">t</font> now knowing that he just cost his team the season. They would have had a cakewalk to the Final Four too with George Mason meeting them in the Elite 8.

6. spyware

spyware JBB JustBBall Member

UCONN VS Wash. was a great game. I think Brandon Roy can be a real impact player in the NBA. He's so smooth.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">How many calls did the refs give UConn? It's been complete crap, that goaltending that wasn't called turned the momentum. The Pac-10 gets screwed yet again...I'm tired of these east coast biased refs. Just let the kids play!</div>
    Come on, I know there were some bad calls there, but are you telling me that Washington deserved to win? They had the game in their hands and couldn't put UConn away. The momentum was changing before Roy was taken out of the game. And then allowing Rashad Anderson to keep tying it up? Not to Jensen's mess-up that Voodoo already mentioned. They screwed themselves over too.

8. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">Come on, I know there were some bad calls there, but are you telling me that Washington deserved to win? They had the game in their hands and couldn't put UConn away. The momentum was changing before Roy was taken out of the game. And then allowing Rashad Anderson to keep tying it up? Not to Jensen's mess-up that Voodoo already mentioned. They screwed themselves over too.</div>

Wow, the refs made so many bad calls it wasn't funny. Look at this stat, U-Dub only took 24 FT's but UConn took 47! UConn had almost as many FT attempts as they had FG attempts. You can't say that the Roy shot that Gay blocked wasn't goaltending in OT. 2 point is 2 points, if they have those 2 points it's tied when Appleby makes that 3, and they'd have more time when Appleby stoled that ball. I just think it's ridiculous when the guys in the striped shirts are biased, I think they should have let the players settle it [​IMG]

9. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Sick games today. Bad calls, Cluch shots, last second misses and makes, OT's, March Madness living up to its name.

7/8 on my sweet 16 bracket so far [​IMG]

10. spyware

spyware JBB JustBBall Member

it was a clumsy game altogether

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

A pair of sick games today, with Nova and UConn pulling it out. Just what ever happened to the strategy that when your up by 3 with 10 seconds left you just foul the guy and make him earn it at the line? Like in Celtics way back in the day. Washington easily could have done that and if they would have made the first, miss the second, get the board, put it up and in then I have to say they really deserve to take it into overtime. Easily Washington could have just denied Rahsad Anderson the ball, everyone in the stadium knew that he was getting the ball.

Anyway yesterday was two perfect examples on how March Madness really depends on your seniors a lot. Randy Foye was huge down the strech for Nova and nailed a three ball to put the game out of reach. On the other side of things Craig Smith played one of the best games in the tournament, 14 points, 14 boards, and 7 assists, you knew he wasn't going down without a fight. Also in the UConn-Washington game, you saw Rashad Anderson and Brandon Roy wanting to take the clutch shots.

If UConn could have lost I would have made $200 being that everyone else in my poll had them going to the Final Four and I was the only person who had the Washington over UConn upset.

It appears UConn is going to walk to the Final Four being that they play George Mason...who?

12. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The Washington-UConn game was the worst officiated game of the tournament. 70 free throws in a college game is unheard of. UConn shot 47 of them even though Washington was just as aggressive on offense.

I thought the turning point was the obvious goal tend the officials didn't call. The entire stadium started booing and didn't stop the rest of the game after that.

Another huge call was when Denton made the And 1, but they didn't give him the continuation.

I agree with VC, the foul by Jensen was the bonehead move of the year, but a close second had to be Appleby after he made the steal and didn't take it to the rack.

There is no way Rudy Gay belongs in the top 10 in this year's draft. He choked again for UConn and didn't take advantage of Roy with his 4 fouls. He should have demanded the rock everytime to foul Roy out.

Roy >>>>> Gay

Rashad Anderson is an assasin on the court and Marcus Williams was great in this game. Now if Rudy Gay had Anderson's killer instinct, he'd be nasty.

I was impressed with Romar's composure in this game. His team was getting jobbed by the officials, but he never let it effect his coaching.

13. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Mike Jensen is a moron. Just pure idoitic to foul Marcus Williams in that situation. How about George Mason, what a great story. I want them to win the whole thing. It would be great to see a 11 seed win the National Championship.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Mike Jensen is a moron. Just pure idoitic to foul Marcus Williams in that situation. How about George Mason, what a great story. I want them to win the whole thing. It would be great to see a 11 seed win the National Championship.</div>

It's not going to happen because UConn is going to have 3 extra players on the court the rest of the way.

15. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">It's not going to happen</div>

March Madness, baby. Thats why they play the game.[​IMG] Nobody thought they would get this far, let alone beat Michigan State and North Carolina. I know its really unlikely, but I will be rooting for them.[​IMG]

16. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, the refs made so many bad calls it wasn't funny. Look at this stat, U-Dub only took 24 FT's but UConn took 47! UConn had almost as many FT attempts as they had FG attempts. You can't say that the Roy shot that Gay blocked wasn't goaltending in OT. 2 point is 2 points, if they have those 2 points it's tied when Appleby makes that 3, and they'd have more time when Appleby stoled that ball. I just think it's ridiculous when the guys in the striped shirts are biased, I think they should have let the players settle it [​IMG]</div>
    I don't disagree with you about the calls. Down the stretch, some of them were pretty ridiculous. I just think, with how horrible UConn started the 2nd half, Washington should've had that game in the books. Its shouldn't even have come down to the referees. Washington's got to blame themselves a bit too.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Roy >>>>> Gay</div>
    I agree totally. Its so frustrating watching Gay play, because, with all that talent, he should be dominating. Roy, on the other hand, plays great with what he has. His 4th foul was the major reason UConn came back.

17. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

The refs in the Illinois-Washington game were pretty much just as awful, and in that case, they saved Washington when they were down double digits by saddling practically every Illinois player with 4 fouls. Illinois didn't take a FT the entire second half until there were 15 seconds left. Calls were very, very tight whenever Illinois was defending, but Washington was physical on defense as well and were never called for fouls. The officiating in that game was disgraceful too, so at least things evened out for Washington fans.

By the way, the only bad thing about Adam Morrison crying is that he started it up before the game was even over. After Raivio turned it over and they had to foul, Morrison started breaking down, even though there were still almost 2 seconds left and they were down 1 with UCLA going to the stripe. He's got to keep it together when the team is still in the game.