Exclusive |Swept| So it begins - 2017 offseason

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JDC

JDC Well-Known Member

Browsing the Jazz board and it seems like Trey Lyles is pretty gettable. Coming off a forgettable 2nd year, but has some appeal as a stretch 4 off the bench with potential to be more than that.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    TBpup and BonesJones like this.
  2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

The Knicks might not be the best ran franchise in the league, but even they aren't dumb enough to trade a player like Porzingis with 2 years left on their rookie contract. Doing that would get Steve Mills and Phil Jackson 3 years for criminal negligence.

Also Dames comment and CJ's comment are not one of the same. Dame was asked about Porzingis, CJ came out and mentioned Paul George uninfluenced. The latter carries more weight in my book.

BBert likes this.
  3. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

And hence, contracts that should be easy to get rid of. Some people on this forum seem to think Paul won't mind going to the luxury tax, but I don't think that is the case. Look at how he responded after the last financial fiasco, when we had a massively over-paid roster that only played mediocre basketball. He fired the GM and wanted to sell the team. He also stated publically that he wasn't going to do that again.

I'd be very surprised if Ed Davis isn't traded for a 2nd round pick.

4. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Ed Davis for a 2nd rounder would be good. I feel like some second rounders this year will have potential to be decent.

BonesJones likes this.